Western Sydney Wanderers vs Leeds United 20/07/2019 7:00PM

13 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Can confirm that it hasn't been torn down but it has closed. It's behind construction fencing at the moment.

I believe it will remain as part of a 200 metre tall tower (hotel/residential) which will be built on the block to the side of the Bav, in Phillip st.

They've already demolished or part demolished the two buildings beside the Bav.

I'll try and find a pic.

Yep.. .…..The Bav stays.

cfa99a91d407cd9bc13edf7b68ffb94f?width=3

Can confirm it unfortunately won’t be the bav once complete. We are the architects that have designed the building in that render.

on a side note . Was standing next to a Leeds supporter (both of us kitted up in gear ) at the lights in Pyrmont as I was walking to the train station . Got me so pumped about parra match days 

see you all at the crown . COYW

To people used to parking around the old gaol...there's road works all around there...changed traffic conditions etc.

Heaps less parking. :(

Plus there's a sign on the gates at Cumberland Hospital (I think it is) saying no football parking.

I'll ask as I go past.

There was lots of parking at the old pool parking area.

Parra Leagues is easy if you're a member, spend $8 or more inside and get free parking. $15 if you just park only.

Although finding something for $8 is a challenge they've shut down the food part of the cafe shop so no banana bread plus ice coffee for $8.50. ended up going with a bowl of chips and a cider in the upstairs restaurant. $15 for parking vs $15 for a drink and chips and free parking.

They've changed it from last time I was here. Used to be a mainly pizza shop. Now they've got Mexican stuff.

51 minutes ago, wendybr said:

To people used to parking around the old gaol...there's road works all around there...changed traffic conditions etc.

Heaps less parking. :(

Plus there's a sign on the gates at Cumberland Hospital (I think it is) saying no football parking.

I'll ask as I go past.

Definately no parking at cumberland hospital !!!

It's gonna be impossible for anyone who wasn't around before this stadium to understand just how much better it is.

Still feels like we lost something, I think we won't ever have any games with 6000 people with the rbb getting pelted by hail in a lightning storm. That kind of experience I don't think will happen again.

But we gained a lot more.

If we get another 5-4, or big ACL games or even a grand final here it'll blow the roof off compared to parra.

3 hours ago, EmMac said:

It makes sense as match starts at 7pm I think. By the time they get to the stadium, get patted down, body searched and dragged off for individual interviews, there'll be no time to get to the bar!

They weren't really searching anyone at gate d which is next to the rbb lol. Pick one guy every 15 for a scan.

2 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Is this game on TV? I heard there’s a stream on BeIN Twitter or something 

Correct, If you've got Foxtel and the Sports package, You're in luck. It'll be on BeIN Sports 2 (Channel 514). It'll commence on kick off time (7pm)

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic