Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mack

Perth Glory vs Western Sydney Wanderers 7/08/2019 6:30PM

Recommended Posts

Perth Glory vs Western Sydney Wanderers


VS
Date: 07/08/19
Sydney Kick-Off Time: 8:30PM EST
Round: Round Of 32
Competition: FFA Cup
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Stadium: Dorrien Gardens

View full record

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll give a good account of ourselves. A victory would not surprise to this casual observer

Shall be interesting to watch the interaction between Kwame, Raddy & Kosta in our front 3rd.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are our goal scoring options? Yeboah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know it was only a friendly and the upcoming opposition are not of the same quality but we have to defend better than we did against Leeds. The scoreline flattered us. We also conceded two quick goals against the Jets during the game last week. It's early days I know but we will get a good idea of where the team is headed. On the up I hope.

Edited by sonar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sonar said:

I know it was only a friendly and the upcoming opposition are not of the same quality but we have to defend better than we did against Leeds. The scoreline flattered us. We also conceded two quick goals against the Jets during the game last week. It's early days I know but we will get a good idea of where the team is headed. On the up I hope.

From what I understand, that was because we were 2-0 up and clocked off

I would assume clocking off in a competitive match would occur less, although last season... oh boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potential players missing for Perth

Jaunde, Castro, Ikonomidis, Alex Grant

Keogh and Davidson gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unlimited said:

From what I understand, that was because we were 2-0 up and clocked off

I would assume clocking off in a competitive match would occur less, although last season... oh boy

Not the sort of #mentality we want...even in trial games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/depleted-wanderers-not-finished-yet-529108?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=insidesport_autopost

Depleted Wanderers 'not finished yet'

DEPLETED WANDERERS 'NOT FINISHED YET'

By a Staff Writer Aug 5 2019 2:00PM

Western Sydney Wanderers will face reigning Premiers Perth Glory without two of their key weapons, coach Markus Babbel admitted today.

Mitchell Duke and Patrick Ziegler will both be missing from the FFA Cup clash through in the west on Wednesday night as an already diminished Wanderers squad battles with a growing injury list.

But Babbel insisted he can get more out of his squad – and was hoping his understrength team can shock former Wanderers coach Tony Popovic.

"Preparations are good," said Babbel today. "The only thing is Mitch can't play – something with his meniscus – and Patrick Ziegler can't, he's still in preparation also about his knee.

"But Kwame Yeboah is back so that's good."

He admitted though: "We are not many players but we will try to get a result in Perth.

"The young ones have improved a lot in their first year. Our training quality is much better, our training intensity is much higher. Until now, I'm happy

"Now we know we have a difficult game in front of us, first round cup against the best team last season but we go in there and try to get a result."

Wanderers moved early to snap up visa players with the arrival of Daniel Lopar in goals and Rado Majewski and Pirmin Schwegler in midfield.

But Babbel insists there is more to come to from the side.

"Daniel Lopar is feeling very comfortable here and is really enjoying how we work," said Babbel. "Pirmin and Rado are getting better and better.

"It looks very good but there is still a lot of work to do of course but we are not finished now but we are in a good way.

"Playing a team like Perth is perfect for us to know where we are. It is not a friendly, it is a cup game and we want to get to the next stage.

"We will try to do everything and after the game, we will know where we are."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from Duke we can field the Leeds line up, plus Georgievski and Sullivan. It could be worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FCB said:

Apart from Duke we can field the Leeds line up, plus Georgievski and Sullivan. It could be worse.

I looked up the Leeds line up they used against us. At least 8 players were the same. We can play 10 starters but Duke's go forward will be missed.

So we line up like this

GK Lopar

CBs Tass, McGowan, Elrich

WB Kamau, Georgievski 

DM Schwegler, Baccus

FWs Majewski, Grozos, Yeboah

Or he could put Wilmering at LWB, Georgievski to RWB, Kamau to the Fed and Grozos on the bench.

According to some glory supporters, they're not expecting much and will play with Harold and Chianese on the counter. Sounds like the Jets strategy in the friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kosta comes in for Duke. Lad is getting back to fitness & starting to show signs of his potential at this level. 

Kwame plays at #9 & replaces Mo Adam in the starting 11, that took the field v Jets in the friendly last week.

I don't expect any other changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, xposedPatricK said:

PointsBet has Wanderers @ $5.25

Get on it!!!

Double your investment. Speculate to accumulate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 1.Daniel LOPAR (gk), 4.Dylan MCGOWAN, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 6.Kosta GROZOS, 10.Radoslaw MAJEWSKI, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 14.Mathieu CORDIER, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 19.Pirmin SCHWEGLER, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 22.Nicholas SULLIVAN, 27.Kwame YEBOAH, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 33.Tate RUSSELL, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER, 35.Mohamed ADAM, 40.Nicholas SUMAN (gk), 50.Jack GREENWOOD (gk)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ziggy on the team sheet is good to see.. 

I hope we can come out firing tomorrow!

Edited by MistahCampoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MistahCampoy said:

Ziggy on the team sheet is good to see.. 

I hope we can come out firing tomorrow!

He's listed as part of our Cup Comp squad. 

He's not ready to play yet & I'm not sure whether he's actually involved in ball work as yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mack said:

 1.Daniel LOPAR (gk), 4.Dylan MCGOWAN, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 6.Kosta GROZOS, 10.Radoslaw MAJEWSKI, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 14.Mathieu CORDIER, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 19.Pirmin SCHWEGLER, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 22.Nicholas SULLIVAN, 27.Kwame YEBOAH, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 33.Tate RUSSELL, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER, 35.Mohamed ADAM, 40.Nicholas SUMAN (gk), 50.Jack GREENWOOD (gk)

19 players?

How many do FFA pay for in the travelling squad, 23 including coaches & support staff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFA pay reasonable expenses for 21 people.

That squad list also contained players who weren't going to be in Perth anyway because of Young Socceroos (I removed them), so I doubt that list is the actual travelling squad.

If we took the 11+5+Emergency then 2 of those players will stay behind, which I assume would be Greenwood, and Ziegler if he's unfit, and if not, Wilmering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The FFA Cup website announced on their site that Duke is available...:blink:
https://www.theffacup.com.au/news/confirmed-squads-ffa-cup-2019-round-32-match-day-3

Here's the squad announcement on the Wanderers page: https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/wanderers-ffa-cup-round-32-squad-confirmed

As @mack said, some of boys announced in the Wanderers announced are currently in the Young Socceroos squad which is Monge, Pagden, Constable and Carluccio. 

You could rule out Greenwood as well, he is currently playing in the NPL squad tonight against Bonnyrigg White Eagles.

Edited by MathyouWSW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 05/08/2019 at 4:32 PM, Taurus said:

Kosta comes in for Duke. Lad is getting back to fitness & starting to show signs of his potential at this level. 

Kwame plays at #9 & replaces Mo Adam in the starting 11, that took the field v Jets in the friendly last week.

I don't expect any other changes.

What was the formation against the Jets? I can't work it out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm unable to make any further comment until after the FFA Cup game v's Perth. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2019 at 8:01 PM, xposedPatricK said:

PointsBet has Wanderers @ $5.25

Get on it!!!

OK, just put some money on @ $5.00.  Out of work now and only have enough money for a couple more weeks rent so what the heck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooo...noone's come here yet to say..

"It's Game Day!" :clapping:

 

 

:nono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Soooooo...noone's come here yet to say..

"It's Game Day!" :clapping:

 

 

:nono:

I was waiting for you, ladies first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone may be too gee'd up for this one like myself.. I want to see what the boys have got against a partially absent Glory side besides us missing Duke and a marquee CF i think we may bring the fight to them tonight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MistahCampoy said:

I think everyone may be too gee'd up for this one like myself.. I want to see what the boys have got against a partially absent Glory side besides us missing Duke and a marquee CF i think we may bring the fight to them tonight 

I think we will fight our way to a 3 - 1 loss.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Erimus said:

I think we will fight our way to a 3 - 1 Victory 

*Fixed 

Kosta to seal the deal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Erimus said:

I think we will fight our way to a 3 - 1 loss.....

Boooooooooo!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...