Australia Cup 2022

13 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Is a ban from next years competition possible?

With any luck. Ffs they’d try and deduct points from us for lighting a flare. So you’d hope they might act when supporters from a club deliberately use vile and disgraceful gestures, flags and symbolism that are banned in most leagues.
And you’ve gotta love the “a minority of spectators” line. Pretty big minority in the footage I’ve seen.

4 minutes ago, Potkorok said:

With any luck. Ffs they’d try and deduct points from us for lighting a flare. So you’d hope they might act when supporters from a club deliberately use vile and disgraceful gestures, flags and symbolism that are banned in most leagues.
And you’ve gotta love the “a minority of spectators” line. Pretty big minority in the footage I’ve seen.

They lit flares as well.

James Johnson was looking a tad more than perturbed when shown on the coverage 

Weak statement.  Footage of the call and response totally disproves that it was a “small minority.”

So many SU58 fans defending actual nazism and racism online. 

Our NPL side was deducted points due to the lighting of flares. This was far worse with a far larger audience and the culmination of FA ignoring the fascist flags/behaviours of the SU58 supporters. 

Punishment should be no less than being barred from next years Australia cup. 

-**** the fascist/nazi scum.
-Congrats to SU on their cup run. 
-Croatian community has given so much to football in this country and we shouldn’t forget that. 
-Flares/Croatian flags/forever Croatia etc. all ok. The other stuff can get in the bin. 
-Another trophy we’ve missed out on. 
-Hopefully the turnout in the north end will give our fans a kick up the ass to turn up to games this season. 

Absolutely disgusting behaviour that needs to be dealt with. Not sure fines/bans alone are enough. There surely needs to be some education as well; something to change the perspective and attitude of so many people.

It was great to see such a crowd, such a great run by SU58, but all undone by the large minority of anti-social, revolting behaviour.

2 hours ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

On the game, the half I saw. Clearly Bulls were better but could only score via penalties. For all the commentary frothing at the mouth about their attack that will be successful, they couldn't score from open play.

Arzani was good but not great. Couldn't shoot but was able to run rings around good NPL backs - different class to World Cup, though.

SU58 did a good job shutting down Davila. He is Key to Macarthur to combine with Arzani and Toure. Baccus and Silva kept possession and stopped any momentum from SU58 the other way, but weren't really able spring attacks like Davila can. Payne was essentially on his own up front until they brought number 9 and Trifiro on but by then the gaps started to open up for SU58.

Essentially both defences did a good job on each other, but Macarthur had that extra gear and Davila is too good to shut out entirely. Its a good game to look and analyse to see how to stop Bulls attack, Baccus and Da Silva will not have similar time though in the A-League

10 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

SU58 did a good job shutting down Davila. He is Key to Macarthur to combine with Arzani and Toure. Baccus and Silva kept possession and stopped any momentum from SU58 the other way, but weren't really able spring attacks like Davila can. Payne was essentially on his own up front until they brought number 9 and Trifiro on but by then the gaps started to open up for SU58.

Essentially both defences did a good job on each other, but Macarthur had that extra gear and Davila is too good to shut out entirely. Its a good game to look and analyse to see how to stop Bulls attack, Baccus and Da Silva will not have similar time though in the A-League

You forgot to add the persistent diving by Davilla and Arzani is a tactic. 

Davilla the master, Arzani the apprentice 

I imagine that the Croatian soccer tournament at Edensor Park saw a lot of fans from other Croatian clubs across Australia attend the Australia Cup final. So, at least some of the racist and offensive behaviour may have been attributable to Croatian supporters not associated with SU58. Not an excuse, SU58 must still take responsibility. Dare I say that care should be taken to avoid overlap between Australia Cup matches and non-Australian ex-pat soccer tournaments in the future, certainly at the business end of the cup anyway.

So when RBB had their issues with the media/authority, it was always few rotten apples.

But now we equating all Sydney United supporters as fascists. LOL.

I was in the end behind the goal, the place absolutely went nuts when the players came out, you could not hear one thing being said, people started booing as they were displaying the Macarthur fans on screen. I think the Capos then realised what was happening and tried to get the support to quiet down but it was too late. 

The Australian anthem was sung with all our voices, it was a sight to see.

Za Dom Spremni is a contentious one, only recently people starting saying its a fascist term, to most people it was a historic war cry that originated from the wars with the Ottoman empire and has been used throughout its history, including the 90s war.

I am not condoning the couple of people doing those nazi salutes, that's just dumb and embarrassing, those people probably never attend United games anyway and wont be seen again. 

Croatian people overall are more right leaning as many left Croatia during the communist era of Yugoslavia - as they felt oppressed for being Croatian. They are not fascist. 

14 minutes ago, Stokz said:

So when RBB had their issues with the media/authority, it was always few rotten apples.

I'm far from an expert on SU58 and their supporter groups but there was criticism of Nazi sympathisers before this game. Based on this it doesn't seem to be an isolated incident and has been a known element for a while.

But again, I don't know enough. And I'm definitely not insinuating that all fans subscribe to these views. I'm sure there is as much diversity of opinion in SU58 as there is in WSW/RBB.

6 minutes ago, Carns said:

I'm far from an expert on SU58 and their supporter groups but there was criticism of Nazi sympathisers before this game. Based on this it doesn't seem to be an isolated incident and has been a known element for a while.

But again, I don't know enough. And I'm definitely not insinuating that all fans subscribe to these views. I'm sure there is as much diversity of opinion in SU58 as there is in WSW/RBB.

I have never seen that, but not denying there could a few dumb ****s in there. 

Those images don't seem recent, that Cheek Terrace Youth banner I havent seen since prob the days United joined the NSW premier league back in the 05 days.

1 minute ago, Stokz said:

Those images don't seem recent, that Cheek Terrace Youth banner I havent seen since prob the days United joined the NSW premier league back in the 05 days.

Not denying that the images aren't recent, the criticism from others is that it's been around the club for a long time. Not sure if there have been efforts to eradicate it from the club as it used to be around in the NSL days too.

But yes, a minority can ruin the club's image of the majority. As we have seen at times with WSW.

15 minutes ago, Stokz said:

I was in the end behind the goal, the place absolutely went nuts when the players came out, you could not hear one thing being said, people started booing as they were displaying the Macarthur fans on screen. I think the Capos then realised what was happening and tried to get the support to quiet down but it was too late. 

The Australian anthem was sung with all our voices, it was a sight to see.

Za Dom Spremni is a contentious one, only recently people starting saying its a fascist term, to most people it was a historic war cry that originated from the wars with the Ottoman empire and has been used throughout its history, including the 90s war.

I am not condoning the couple of people doing those nazi salutes, that's just dumb and embarrassing, those people probably never attend United games anyway and wont be seen again. 

Croatian people overall are more right leaning as many left Croatia during the communist era of Yugoslavia - as they felt oppressed for being Croatian. They are not fascist. 

Theres a HUGE difference here.

In the case of the RBB, the behaviour was unruly d*ckheads who were being selfish. Yes, these were individuals, not a collective. However myself and many others still pointed the finger at the collective in their case because i didn't buy all the reasoning about not being able to see the offenders. 

In the case of SU, the club has opted to do nothing about the banners, songs and nazi salutes. Supporters opting to stand behind them is something I will never abide.

The behaviour you are willing to walk past, is the behaviour you accept. 

"Za Dom Spremni is a contentious one, only recently people starting saying its a fascist term, to most people it was a historic war cry that originated from the wars with the Ottoman empire and has been used throughout its history, including the 90s war." - holt ****, this one.... The constitutional court of croatia has 3 separate rulings condemning this and anyone who uses it (this is on top of numerous lower court decisions by multiple different courts). When your own legal system says its filthy fascist garbage, it's filthy fascist garbage. Compare this to the use of the Swastika. It has a rich history spanning well back past hitlers useage of it. I can't imagine anyone rationalising it now

"those people probably never attend United games anyway and wont be seen again." - they have a long history of throwing up nazi salutes. I wouldn't be so sure of this

9 minutes ago, Stokz said:

The two on the right are definitely more recent (last 10 years maybe?). This was definitely a worse situation 20 years ago, I wont disagree on that. But to say they're a fringe element seems pretty dubious