Coach and Staff Thread

We are witnessing the launch of WSW Mk II.

Popa's contract extension doesn't just mean more money for him but apparently also more power. Looks like he is not just manager/coach but also sporting director.

I need to remind myself that the WSW are not just a club, but also a business. They are in the business of being successful and winning titles. Popa is clearing the decks in the hope for further success.

Saying all of that: I don't like this Corry/Cobic/Kalac story a single bit.

Well....no press release yet, but The World Game tweeted it and has an article that mentions it.

Also rumours that Rudan is coming in as assistant.

So, how many assistants will we have then?

last time I checked, we already had around 2-3?

Guest mickisnot

- Cory is 73 years old.

- Kalac I'm not happy about, that bloke is a spastic.

- Rudan is awesome.

- Crook is technical director of the youth

Mate if Kalac can stop putting money through the pokies then we got this.

Guest mickisnot

Does the leagues club have pokies? Could be awkward come warm up time.

Depends which way you look at it.

It's a wage you only need to account half of if he's satisfied with the machines at the club house.

Slav the kitman, who is an absolute legend, is still around and going strong! Great bloke! His efforts and hard work go mostly un noticed. He's the most underrated employee at the club in my opinion.

Might I add that he is a Serb ;)

When's he finish up, Hughsey?

:ninja:

Don't even joke, we'd be ****ed without him!

Happy with the apparent signing of Rudan as assistant coach. I've read and heard numerous people tout him as a potential HAL head coach. So based on that and his reportedly solid work at Sydney United (Taurus & Lookers can confirm or correct me) it's a job well done bringing him in.

Forcing out Corry to bring in Kalac is another story. I understand that Popa has a long term plan and you have to make harsh choices at times, but Corry (according to Ray Gatt) only wanted to go on 1 more year. If Kalac was the second coming and Corry wasn't up to standard then fair enough. This is not the case though. All you have to do is watch and read the countless interviews Covic has done attributing his form and longevity to Corry.

Maybe Kalac had to be signed now because he had offers from other clubs. Frankly I don't care. We (for example) didn't sign another right winger because we had Castelen, so why are we doing this. Surely Kalac is not that much better a coach than Corry that it warranted him to be shafted to bring Kalac in. If he's not available in a year then pish posh. I'm sure there's plenty of other GK coaches in this big world of ours that are at least as good as him.

Edited by Alexander

Popas signed his 3 year deal n he's putting his 3 year plan into action. Unfortunately some people will be let go coz they don't fit the plan. Sorry for Ron , happy about Rudes......Kalac......wasn't a big fan of his as a keeper , maybe as a gk coach he'll be great for us. As for his gambling probs.....that's his personal demon to sort out n as long as it doesn't affect the club, I couldn't give a rats. Only time will tell if this was a good move.

i remember Kalac thanking wsw for not singing on janjetovic as it was our major mistake on missing out such a great talent and for giving Covic our primary goal keeping position.

Ah well whats done is done, the time to be pro active has begunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

sorry that letter just got stuck innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnto keyboard FFS :nono:

Kalac coaching Covic would have been awkward. Obviously Kalac coming in was known hence Covic being shown the door.

My thoughts exactly.

maybe Ron has called time because of ante being shown the door?

Could be, Ron and Ante had a very good relationship.
  • mack unpinned this topic