Football Media Discussion

Just received an email from beIn Sports that I will get a refund for yearly subscription from May 16 and it will be part of my usual Fox subscription...It looks as Fox has bought out beIn Sports to throw a spanner in the works for the Optus / Foxtel war on Football rights... Only one winner here..Us the customers...  :good:

Just received an email from beIn Sports that I will get a refund for yearly subscription from May 16 and it will be part of my usual Fox subscription...It looks as Fox has bought out beIn Sports to throw a spanner in the works for the Optus / Foxtel war on Football rights... Only one winner here..Us the customers...  :good:

Yeah. Me too. Great news. Not only will be able to watch the champions league (and I can watch Forest in the championship) and loads of other stuff but it will be in HD now and be cheaper as it will be included with the normal FoxSports pack.

Could be part of Fox's strategy to ensure they stay relevant in the football stakes after the EPL debacle.

Not sure what it means for the A-League rights though.

Edited by beatsurrender

How amazing was that ACL campaign? Pirtek will always be remembered for that by me. Who was there in the pouring rain as we went down 3-1 to Ulsan and, let's face it, we all saw that as a reality check? I was disappointed, down and soggy.

From that game onwards we did not concede another goal in the entire ACL campaign at home.

I experienced one 'I believe in miracles' moment when Forest won the Title the first season after promotion and then went on to win the European cup the next season (and the season after that just for good measure) but little did I think I would experience another footballing miracle in my lifetime.

Edited by beatsurrender

Our first ACL campaign games are pretty high up in my greatest moments following WSW.

Sanfrecce, Guangzhou and Al Hilal were all amazing for different reasons.

The Roar semi to get us to the first GF was pretty special too.

That comeback game, with the late winner down the southern end. Wow. Just wow.

Based on the comments here most people are not impressed by the BeIN sports deal with Foxtel. I mean what's not to like about it? How can this be in even a small way negative?

http://www.smh.com.au/business/media-and-marketing/foxtel-boosts-soccer-coverage-after-losing-premier-league-rights-to-optus-20160330-gnuolb.html

Based on the comments here most people are not impressed by the BeIN sports deal with Foxtel. I mean what's not to like about it? How can this be in even a small way negative?

http://www.smh.com.au/business/media-and-marketing/foxtel-boosts-soccer-coverage-after-losing-premier-league-rights-to-optus-20160330-gnuolb.html

Because most people only speak up when they aren't happy.

For every complaint in the comments section, I'm guessing there are thousands that are happy about it

But what possibly could they be unhappy about?

Edited by beatsurrender

Parramatta

Western Sydney Wanderers’ best moments at Pirtek Stadium

52 minutes ago

Warren ThomsonParramatta Advertiser

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/parramatta/sport/western-sydney-wanderers-best-moments-at-pirtek-stadium/news-story/af72407be55392e2c7e29f117390a40b

Missing the game against Sanfrecce Hiroshima in the ACL

The Hiroshima come back was the game moment in my opinion. Even with only 8k fans.. It was still loud after the winning goal.

But the loudest it's ever been was definitely the Al-Hilal match.

My whinge as always with Foxtel is why do I have to pay 25 a month for the basics package that I don't use and wouldn't touch if you paid me. I just want the sport package and be happier paying 30 a month for sport than the 50 I have to pay now.

that said I have nothing to whinge about them bundling bein, means I get extra sports channels, all good

Optus choosing to bundle the EPL content with carriage is crap (although not for me as I use Optus anyway). Hopefully it will be available on multiple devices (Apple TV, smart TV etc) and they won't limit to there fetch tv box

Edited by StringerBellend

My whinge as always with Foxtel is why do I have to pay 25 a month for the basics package that I don't use and wouldn't touch if you paid me. I just want the sport package and be happier paying 30 a month for sport than the 50 I have to pay now.

That's the business model, force you to pay extra for what you actually want.

Eventually they'll have to adapt to a 'pay for only what you want' system or suffer the consequences. The business model will not be viable within 5-10 years, possibly even sooner.

How amazing was that ACL campaign? Pirtek will always be remembered for that by me. Who was there in the pouring rain as we went down 3-1 to Ulsan and, let's face it, we all saw that as a reality check? I was disappointed, down and soggy.

From that game onwards we did not concede another goal in the entire ACL campaign at home.

I experienced one 'I believe in miracles' moment when Forest won the Title the first season after promotion and then went on to win the European cup the next season (and the season after that just for good measure) but little did I think I would experience another footballing miracle in my lifetime.

Ditto !!!

How good is the feeling for everyone that wants to watch a Champions League match before work or can only see 'selected matches of the Euros' on SBS, but don't have the extra money/time to deal with extra subscription.

Now, Bein isn't the enemy to Fox Sports, it is another option!

3 CHANNELS IN HD!!!!

http://thefootballsack.com.au/2016/03/ffa-follow-through-with-points-deduction-sentence.html

Three points have now been deducted from both Western Sydney Wanderers and Melbourne Victory following more unruly behaviour from their fans.

After last weekend’s clash between the two sides at AAMI Park an altercation between opposition clubs’ fan groups has forced the hand of peak governing body, Football Federation Australia (FFA).

Earlier in the year both Victory and Wanderers were handed suspended sentences, with three competition points to be docked should another serious offence be made. :nono:

http://thefootballsack.com.au/2016/03/ffa-follow-through-with-points-deduction-sentence.html

Three points have now been deducted from both Western Sydney Wanderers and Melbourne Victory following more unruly behaviour from their fans.

After last weekend’s clash between the two sides at AAMI Park an altercation between opposition clubs’ fan groups has forced the hand of peak governing body, Football Federation Australia (FFA).

Earlier in the year both Victory and Wanderers were handed suspended sentences, with three competition points to be docked should another serious offence be made. :nono:

it would be funny if FFA played along for the day and the clubs released staments etc...then gallop sets a presser for tomorrow morning walks out clears his throat and is like GOTCHA YA BITCHESSSS