Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

10 hours ago, wendybr said:

OK...as a teacher...surrounded by teenagers all day....I guess I have a higher tolerance than others of mischief.

But you keep on getting rid of people who add colour here. :rolleyes:

Lighten up Mack!

Banter is FUN!!   :P

<Runs away > 

:pardon:

I am tired of idiots. Banning them gives me joy.

4 hours ago, wendybr said:

Probably.

But then...who cares? :pardon:

It feels like a given that the eels fans / club are going to try throw some ex-player names onto stands, even though they know it's not their stadium.

It was farcical seeing them cover up this stuff at the last stadium when we played.

Id love to see our club come out and say 'ok name 4 players in our short history who are worthy of having a stand named after them'.

Because why not us ?

My first thought is that this is a new stadium so we shouldn't be going around naming stands. Let someone create new history and in 10 years there might be players worth celebrating in that way.

The second is just stick four LED screens at the top of each stand and whoever using the stadium can just use whatever names they want.

Unpopular opinion maybe?

Who cares what the stands are formally called.

It'll be "Wanderland" when we're there...well maybe it will...if people  actually like that??

What's been done in the past...covering names...can still be done if it's seen as important??

But basically...if a rose by any other name would still smell just as sweet, then a stand within our stadium by ANY name will hopefully be just as good to watch football in!   ;)

Christ there are some softc*cks (pardon the language) on this thread lately. 

Hawks mate, you’ve completely taken Chief’s bait hook, line and sinker. 

Surely you’ve got more important things to worry about than seat colours, statues and the names of stands at the new stadium? 

Its not their stadium, no. But we aren’t solely entitled to it either. It’s a shared stadium and if they want a ray price statue put up, good luck to them. 

23 hours ago, Burgerman said:

As long as we get the Adeleke turnstile who cares, we'll make our own history in time. 

The Pivocarri urinal, complete with roundel target, watch out the guy next door!

Went down for a look yesterday...photos don't do it justice to looking up at the stands there in person....going to be so amazing!

Had a coffee at that new Parra park cafe at the gatehouse also. groundskeepers cafe or something..not bad...but a bit pricey...but then I think everything is pricey...

Edited by Smoggy
7 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Of course....

This thread is going to be awesome to revisit in about 12 month's time :cheeky:

In 12 months time we’ll be rocking the place.

The old stadium had the same name as the Eels, had stands and hills and bars named after their players, had the Price statue out the front, yet if you went to one of their games it was quiet 80-90% of the time and only got loud when they were on top.

I’ll take our experience every time.

18 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

I'm not budging.

Shouldn't have banned the guy Mack.

Yes he should have.

He's now claiming on the Eels forum that there will be nothing like this stadium anywhere in the world. It must have something to do with "that" statue.

People like him are just ******* pests.

He's also wrong, repeating the bogus "pitch 10 meters underground" claim.

It's simply not true. Even if you're standing on the entry concourse level, the distance down to the pitch level is only about 5 meters, nd the lower bowl is build between the concourse level and the pitch so those in the lower bowl will be almost level with the pitch. And the pitch level is roughly ground level.

You can even see that the pitch isn't 10 meters underground in photos being taken of the build progress.

He's got a few days left on his temp ban if he comes back and is an idiot again he'll get The Treatment again.

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Went down for a look yesterday...photos don't do it justice to looking up at the stands there in person....going to be so amazing!

Had a coffee at that new Parra park cafe at the gatehouse also. groundskeepers cafe or something..not bad...but a bit pricey...but then I think everything is pricey...

They'll have to move the latte line :)

22 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Also wonder what the stadium's going to be called now that there is a tender out for naming rights.

El Jannah Stadium ???

Probably to the highest bidder for naming rights, expect they would ask Pirtek out of courtesy.

• mack locked this topic