AFL/NRL/Union/Cricket Bashing Thread 3

mack

On 12/19/2017 at 8:29 PM, Prydzopolis said:

AwFuL Headquarters: Our paid media department did a **** job on this awful attempt to lobby for government funds for the swans, what should we do? I know

This isn't even new news. It was first outed last year that the state government was going to shell out money to the NRL clubs for centre's of excellence, http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/grand-total-of-40-million-up-for-grabs-for-nrl-centres-of-excellence-20160831-gr5qmv.html

This is only back in the spotlight because of the stadiums funding and the fact that the swans are having a hissy fit of Alan Jones proportions.

28 minutes ago, sonar said:

I realise that football isn't exempt from this sort of behaviour either but this is the bashing thread....lol

I would rather bash them on metrics like how many times was ANZ full for football games in 2017 and what was the biggest attendance for a club game in NSW?

• 2 weeks later...

BBL Racism

Spectator accused of racist salute during Big Bash League match

Tom Morris
Melbourne Stars v Melbourne Renegades.Melbourne Stars v Melbourne Renegades.Source: FOX SPORTS

CRICKET Australia have referred an alleged racist incident emerging from Saturday night’s Big Bash League Melbourne derby to Victoria Police.

Footage was broadcast from Saturday night’s clash at the MCG which showed a fan appearing to perform a racist salute.

Cricket Australia and the Melbourne Cricket Club are assisting with police after a man in the crowd wearing a Melbourne Renegades shirt was accused of making a racist salute while appearing to mouth the words ‘white power’.

The incident was shown on the Channel 10 coverage and occurred after Renegades’ Cameron White hit James Faulkner for four.

I personally think its nothing more sinister than a dickhead who thought he was just a bit clever...someone who probably thinks (to steal another mental giants words)

"throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart"

Of course if he was an 'active' A-League supporter...it'd be a life ban

18 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Is it illegal to do a racist salute?

I mean, I think anyone that does nazi salutes is clearly a ****wit, but do we really need to make being a ****wit illegal?

Yeah it doesn't look like anything he did was racially motivated. He's just guilty of having a crap sense of humour.

Made the news though so he'll get banned so the administration can earn some moral high ground points.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/mark-thompsons-house-searched-by-police/news-story/b57326d0f85cad080c0699ebac6b68ec

ESSENDON legend Mark Thompson’s house has been searched by Victoria police on Friday.

The former Geelong and Bombers mentor’s house was reportedly searched as part of a “wideranging” investigation.

Foxsports.com.au reports Victoria police executed a warrant to search Thompson’s property in Port Melbourne and remained at the 54-year-old’s house for several hours.

Victoria Police said no charges have been laid following the raid.

According to reports, Thompson’s whereabouts remain unknown following the search of his property.

A Victoria Police spokewoman has told reporters the raid was conducted by detectives from two divisions within Victoria Police.

“Detectives from Southern Metro Divisional Response Unit and Geelong Divisional Response Unit executed a warrant at Port Melbourne on 5/1/18,” the spokeswoman said.

“Detectives attended the Rouse Street address at 9.30am this morning (on Friday).

“No arrests were made and the investigation is ongoing.”

The Essendon premiership winner famously quit the Bombersat the end of the 2014 season following complications to the fallout from the club’s infamous supplements scandal.

He returned as an AFL commentator for Fox Footy in 2017.

Thompson played 202 matches for Essendon from 1983 to 1996, winning three premierships with the club.

He coached Geelong for 260 matches from 2000 to 2010, including the team’s famous premiership in 2007 when the Cats defeated Port Adelaide by more than 100 points in the grand final.

He was also at the helm when the Cats defeated St Kilda in the 2009 grand final.

Thompson coached Essendon during the 2014 season after taking over from coach James Hi

• mack locked and unlocked this topic