Wanderers Ban Active Support

1 hour ago, Johnno said:

simon hill has been on point the last few weeks, you can tell from his emotion in the podcasts that the anti-football establishment in charge is pissing him off,

Course he is..almost same generation as me, from the north of England and see the issues in the UK in the 80's like i did. He gets it and i know why.

Best thing RBB  and WST could do is get back together and form a united front again at this momenr in time. The old northern argument 'one out all out'.

Edited by WSWBoro
14 hours ago, SBW said:

Someone posted this on Twitter

29133593_10155925553756068_3894972701557

And I've been told the polar opposite. Club has no interest in running active support. They just don't want the flares on display, associated with the WSW. JT couldn't have been more blunt in a membership meeting a few years ago: he said very clearly that the WSW are operating in a hostile environment. Flares are the ammo that is turned against the club.

31 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

**** me seriously, this will never happen in another country from my experience some supporter groups in Europe and South America tell the club what players they want and pretty much control the club JT better be carful because this could backfire quite badly I'm sorry to say this JT but if you don't want active support then you are better to leave the ceo spot for someone who cares about the fans and the club. Sorry but mate you will lose a lot of members if you weed out active support all together including rbb and wst. But mate as they say customers( fans) are all ways right 

I think you need to re-read FCB's post.  The club wants to keep active support, but flares are a no no.

11 minutes ago, Davo said:

And they show it by kicking out all the active supporters who didn't light a flare...

Yeah, I know and agree with you.  Same "problem", wrong solution.

Actives who weren't even there that day suffered that fate too and non-actives such as myself that were active that day weren't "admonished".

I've said before that shutting down the active section like that for a couple of flares is akin to closing a lane on the M4 because a couple of people were speeding.

24 minutes ago, Davo said:

And they show it by kicking out all the active supporters who didn't light a flare...

Not quite.

After the S4 melbourne pyro party the possibility of closing the active bays was communicated to the rbb at the time.

The S5 arnie banner was a major set back, and the club gave it to us all in writing that active bay closure was on the cards.

And now it has happened. No surprises. I mentioned before, in Feb last year Dortmund locked out the yellow wall for a game. 20k suffering because of a few. 

17 minutes ago, FCB said:

Not quite.

After the S4 melbourne pyro party the possibility of closing the active bays was communicated to the rbb at the time.

The S5 arnie banner was a major set back, and the club gave it to us all in writing that active bay closure was on the cards.

And now it has happened. No surprises. I mentioned before, in Feb last year Dortmund locked out the yellow wall for a game. 20k suffering because of a few. 

No surprises, but there are big differences between our situation and theirs. Dortmund have over 100yrs of history and the highest average attendance of any football club world wide. We have a club where more than half our members  (who have already paid their money) are choosing not to come to games. It's not the hardcore football fans that the club should be worried about, it's the apathetic ones.

40 minutes ago, FCB said:

Not quite.

Just because they warned us beforehand that they were going to punish innocent people if a flare was lit doesn't make it ok.

Their words say that active support is a key part of the atmosphere at WSW games and that the overwhelming majority do the right thing. Their actions are to close the active section for a game and throw a supporter marshal under the bus.

Quotes are nice but I give a lot more weight to actions.

8 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Dortmund arnt the highest in attendance figures Boca juniors have the highest average crowd every time you watch them there stadium is full Around 40 k average but they never get below 40 k which makes them the highest.. But yeah our problem is getting these members To games but that has been a problem for quite some time the last few years maybe because of the stadium capacity at parra but some people don't have memberships so they can buy tickets for General admission so they have to reserve a few thousands seats so that's why we haven't gotten full houses because of General admission 

You're wrong buddy, Borussia average over 80k per game.

http://www.stadiumguide.com/figures-and-statistics/lists/europes-highest-attendances/

6 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Dortmund arnt the highest in attendance figures Boca juniors have the highest average crowd every time you watch them there stadium is full Around 40 k average but they never get below 40 k which makes them the highest.. But yeah our problem is getting these members To games but that has been a problem for quite some time the last few years maybe because of the stadium capacity at parra but some people don't have memberships so they can buy tickets for General admission so they have to reserve a few thousands seats so that's why we haven't gotten full houses because of General admission 

According to google (which like the FFA is always correct) Dortmunds  average home crowd last season was 79, 653 and they have over 145,000 members. The difference, apart from the huge number of fans, is half their members can't get in because the stadium is full. Half of ours are at home by choice or banned.

1 hour ago, Davo said:

Just because they warned us beforehand that they were going to punish innocent people if a flare was lit doesn't make it ok.

Their words say that active support is a key part of the atmosphere at WSW games and that the overwhelming majority do the right thing. Their actions are to close the active section for a game and throw a supporter marshal under the bus.

Quotes are nice but I give a lot more weight to actions.

If the closure of the active bays was justified or not is a matter of debate which is what we are doing here. We'll live. SOP and what comes with it is a far more potent issue in my opinion. 

The matter of the capo no doubt will be dealt with behind closed doors. 

Actions: the club pushing for and getting 2400 save standing spots in the new ground has weight. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic