Armageddon Thread

marron

23 new northern beaches cases today........lockdown incoming........tick tock tick tock...........

I have been wearing a mask while out and have been since this started. Personally speaking masks should of been made mandatory,at least until the vaccine is rolled out. 

4 minutes ago, sonar said:

23 new northern beaches cases today........lockdown incoming........tick tock tick tock...........

I have been wearing a mask while out and have been since this started. Personally speaking masks should of been made mandatory,at least until the vaccine is rolled out. 

Well Northern Beaches is

If we wanted a normal xmas the hard work should have started late October, daily messages about christmas and what could happen, and some form of restriction to keep people on their toes. There should also have been clear procedures for the likely increase in international arrivals over the last few months, for passengers and air crew.

We have done very well in NSW but can't help feel we will be paying the price for a very relaxed attitude in the lead up to the holiday season. Gladys has been distracted.

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, wendybr said:

I don't understand how this has been allowed.

As NSW grapples with the Northern Beaches cluster, experts call for more changes to hotel quarantine
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-19/northern-beaches-covid-gaps-in-hotel-quarantine-system/12997972

I agree International arrivals should be flown in to a remote area to do their 14 days, then transported out after that. Having city hotels full of people in quarantine along with air crews being shuttled back and forth is just a recipe for disaster isn't it.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

I don't understand how this has been allowed.

As NSW grapples with the Northern Beaches cluster, experts call for more changes to hotel quarantine
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-19/northern-beaches-covid-gaps-in-hotel-quarantine-system/12997972

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I agree International arrivals should be flown in to a remote area to do their 14 days, then transported out after that. Having city hotels full of people in quarantine along with air crews being shuttled back and forth is just a recipe for disaster isn't it.

I have said repeatedly this should of been happening from the beginning.

Morrison and co don't want the responsibility because if it goes @rse up he knows he ( they ) will be held  accountable. and he and the rest of the govt only do corruption.....not accountability.

Edited by sonar
4 minutes ago, marron said:

I can't find anything official from any health body that actually defines "greater sydney".

If I rock up to the vic border, what will they say? (not planning on it, just wondering).

You might be OK....my son has just got a permit as he's crossing the border briefly on Tuesday...he lives in Petersham and works in Parramatta.

Yep.

Note GLadys has the message from Scomo. In her bit it was all "we are asking" "please please" blah blah blah. Then the press release is that they are enforceable public health orders.

Good that they are not reporting any cases outside the NBs. Hope it stays that way.

We haven't seen my sister-in-law in a year and half, she lives in melbourne. Was driving up today for christmas with us. Not any more. Mrs is devo.

What perfect timing ...

The whole thing is caused by little to no checking of aircrew flights Australia wide...

Just happens given NSW does about 60% of Overseas travel it would happen to us ... and it looks like its spread to QLD...

QLD police today checked on overseas flight crews and I think over 40% not where they were suppose to be...

Gladdy should have copied SA and locked down hard on Friday ...

But the one area all governments totally stuffed up is air crews ... 

What is it with people ... you put them on trust ... because they claim special needs ... but human nature being what it is ... you don't check them ...

Christmas will be totally different from today... 

We have a facility on Christmas Island.....use it. 

All passengers/returnees to Aus have to go there first. Get checked/tested. No positive test then you go on to Aus/home via Aus airline(s).

End result is Aus economy stays open and small business survives.

Instead we have this situation of rolling lockdowns, closed borders, restricted numbers in cafes, churches stadiums etc in various states because some people think they are above doing the right thing and can't control themselves.

Edited by sonar
28 minutes ago, sonar said:

All passengers/returnees to Aus have to go there first. Get checked/tested. No positive test then you go on to Aus/home via Aus airline(s).

Instead we have this situation of rolling lockdowns, closed borders, restricted numbers in cafes, churches stadiums etc in various states because some people think they are above doing the right thing and can't control themselves.

All to stop the federal govt paying for accommodation and air fares.

38 minutes ago, sonar said:

Tis not that easy...

Assume 10K per week returning which I think is about the figure NSW about 5.5 and the rest 4.5 ... need a two week stay ... thats 20K places ... add another at any one time 1.5 to 2 K aircrew...

We need about 22K places so the states have to be involved...

The management on the whole has been good ... but when it goes wrong it goes wrong big time...

It seems so obvious to have been checking aircrews to ensure they stayed were they should be... i.e. in their motel room rather than down the local pub or restaurant...

• mack locked this topic