Tass Mourdoukoutas (U21)

Expiring Year 2020/21
Jordan O'Doherty
Kosta Grozos
Nick Fitzgerald
Patrick Ziegler (Foreign)

Expiring Year 2021/22
Vedran Janjetovic

Special Player Limitations (As part of overall squad cap)
5 of 5 Foreign Players - 0 Available
1 of 2 Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap)

A-League squad comprised of up to 20 First Team players, with a requirement for 3 players aged 20 or younger (U21).
20 of 20 First Team Contracts - 0 Available
8 U21 Contracts - Minimum 3 required

• mack pinned this topic

If it were up to me I'd only keep the following senior players: Santa, Ikon (wont happen), Llorente (but we shouldnt really be wasting foreign spots on Left Backs), Hammil, Kearyn Baccus, Riera & Vedran.

7 players. 

That's dreadful.

1 minute ago, Upthehill said:

The only one we need to turf from the 18/19 group is Roly. Bridge and Hamil will suffice as squadies. Sotirio isn’t completely horrible for 10 minutes every second week.

The others take up U21 contracts and we never see them anyway

Roly doesnt even sufice as the water boy, he would be constantly passing the water backwards and giving the water the the opposition players and our team would be extremely dehydrated

36 minutes ago, WestGrub said:

Whilst Roly has been an absolute disaster in every sense of the word, who in their right mind would play him as a #6?

He’s always been a 6 or 8. Except at Ajax where he was a CB.

Hes wanted to move further up the pitch for a while and there is suspicion that Popa was promising him that

Hopefully we get a good coach that can fully utilize Roly's ability. A year ago he was tearing it up for the Nix, scoring cracking goals and was looking like a fantastic signing. The year before that he was in the pfa a league team of the season. 

His poor season can be directly related to Gumby's coaching. 

13 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

He basically runs around giving needless free kicks away 

Eh, there’s a special kid on every team. He’s a retard but he’s our retard

Regarding Roly, if he wasn’t taking up a visa spot, I’d be ok with him. He’s never been quick but he can influence a game if he decides to let the ball go. Problem is half the fine he cooks the possession for so long he gets shut down.

15 minutes ago, mack said:

Is there anyone in our off-contract players that have done so well their performances demand a new deal? Carrusca maybe as a second choice & non-foreign attacking mid.

Celo always felt like a 6 month solution to me. Maybe as a back up he’s a good option. Problem is he can’t really play any other position, though he does tackle nicely for a 10.

Llorente for me is worth it but it be happy to keep Clisby there and bring in a strong Foreign CB.

As much as I like Raul, I’d rather have a spot to spend at CB and 10. We can get ourselves an Asia winger

48 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Llorente?

Maybe I dig him good attitude ace going forward 

problem is he’s not great defending (which I know I’m old skool) is part of the job for a left back. I’d be happy if we kept him though (like anybody cares)

I’d keep carrusca if we can get him at right price, he’s a sexual player still 

Edited by StringerBellend

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/a-league/western-sydney-wanderers-wont-seek-to-bring-back-tony-popovic-after-the-axing-of-josep-gombau/news-story/eb0aae683beb8c91f77e756277bd0c2e

Nine players are coming off contract, though one of those, Raul Llorente, has the option to play on for another year if he wishes thanks to a trigger in his contract, while another, Chris Ikonomidis, will return to Lazio now that his loan move is over.

The club will announce the signing of four new players once the A-League season is over, including Tarek Elrich, Bruce Kamau and Ruon Tongyik, while the new coach could potentially add up to another four players.

2 minutes ago, wswnick said:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/a-league/western-sydney-wanderers-wont-seek-to-bring-back-tony-popovic-after-the-axing-of-josep-gombau/news-story/eb0aae683beb8c91f77e756277bd0c2e

Nine players are coming off contract, though one of those, Raul Llorente, has the option to play on for another year if he wishes thanks to a trigger in his contract, while another, Chris Ikonomidis, will return to Lazio now that his loan move is over.

The club will announce the signing of four new players once the A-League season is over, including Tarek Elrich, Bruce Kamau and Ruon Tongyik, while the new coach could potentially add up to another four players.

So will they still.sign on?

Probably

Tongyik for Thwaite or is it Aspro

Elrich for Clisby

Kamau for Ikonomidis

1 hour ago, wswnick said:

So who is the 4th player supposed to be signed or is the daily terrorgraph talking crap 

3 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Eh, there’s a special kid on every team. He’s a retard but he’s our retard

Regarding Roly, if he wasn’t taking up a visa spot, I’d be ok with him. He’s never been quick but he can influence a game if he decides to let the ball go. Problem is half the fine he cooks the possession for so long he gets shut down.

I think that once a week we should forego traditional training and just run a class for them. Decision making 101

• mack locked this topic