Safe Standing For Parramatta Stadium

WestSydneyFootball.com Exclusive

Parramatta Stadium will be upgraded by 2,400 seats as well as being set to become the first major stadium in Australia to be upgraded with European style safe standing. An improvement to entry gates into the North Terrace is also included in the upgrade.

Sources confirmed that the original Parramatta Stadium master plan is still being followed. However, the planned upgrade to the South Terrace will not go forward at this stage due to increased costs over initial estimates to other aspects of the upgrade. It is my understanding that an upgrade to the training field that was requested by the Parramatta Eels may also not be going ahead for the same reason.

The Wanderers have also not changed their contract with Parramatta Stadium, and the club is still committed to playing all 13 home games there next season. It is not yet known if Parramatta will host two derby matches there as the FFA has yet to release the draw.

No further funding has been allocated to Parramatta Stadium by any level of Government. As such there is no information on a time frame for additional aspects of the master plan upgrades to be undertaken.

Follow the @WestSydney twitter page and our Facebook Page for A-League news & discussion.

Click here to view the article

Great news, hopefully they can have the ticketing well and truly sorted by next season as well. It's been rather frustrating that tickets have been impossible to come by at times yet at the same game we get an attendance of 12 000. Felt like it's really capped our growth this season.

It's great to see the club embrace this type of expansion though, so kudos for that :good:

Edited by Malone

tumblr_mz0trfuHJ51sbzhteo1_400.gif

This is how i feel right now ..

The FFA does not support your use of Flaires

But Balkanite supports the use of Safe standing and Ric Flaire W000000000000000000000!

Support safe standing for all the limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a guns in the RBB.

Edited by Malone

:woah:

Awesome!!!! Lets hope that the NT gets sold somewhere near capacity and that it is not 1/2 sold like this year!!!

Will also mean that those people who try and sit down each week will have no choice but to stand next year!!!

Awesome!!

Is that all the info that is going to be released in terms of the upgrade? Any of the other questions going to be answered?

Mack, do you know whether it is just safe standing seats in place of the existing seats or are they adding the extra riser between the existing rows of seats which increases capacity by up to 70-80% ?  The latter would take the capacity of the northern terrace up from the existing 2,200 + 2,400 = 4,600 to 4,600 + 70% = 7,800.

Mack, do you know whether it is just safe standing seats in place of the existing seats or are they adding the extra riser between the existing rows of seats which increases capacity by up to 70-80% ? The latter would take the capacity of the northern terrace up from the existing 2,200 + 2,400 = 4,600 to 4,600 + 70% = 7,800.

Very good question because the DA currently with the council doesn't seem to propose changes to the slope of the terrace.

If what Mack has heard is true then there will probably have to be a redesign and new DA. This stuff takes time. I doubt the upgrade would be ready by start of next season.

Plus I won't believe anything will happen until I see a hole in the ground :)

Mack, do you know whether it is just safe standing seats in place of the existing seats or are they adding the extra riser between the existing rows of seats which increases capacity by up to 70-80% ? The latter would take the capacity of the northern terrace up from the existing 2,200 + 2,400 = 4,600 to 4,600 + 70% = 7,800.

Very good question because the DA currently with the council doesn't seem to propose changes to the slope of the terrace.

If what Mack has heard is true then there will probably have to be a redesign and new DA. This stuff takes time. I doubt the upgrade would be ready by start of next season.

Plus I won't believe anything will happen until I see a hole in the ground :)

I won't believe anything until I see a rail in the ground :)

It is a shame about not having more government funding. If we could just get a little bit of what GWS got, the south end could be upgraded as well.

footballs particpation should justify it we just dont work the system like others do take for instance gws new training home called, wait for it " the learning life center"

Edited by pys

I wonder how this would affect memberships in the north terrace next season. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to only sell memberships on a per seat basis; or worse still, if they cap it.

What's the point of having 2k in an area that holds 7k?