Wanderers CEO Threatens RBB

4 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Rubbish. I've got a lot of close friends in that group. I love what they stand for (for the most part) and their persistence.

The fact that you go into victim mode from simple criticism pretty much sums up the attitude problem I've observed

Ahhh the cliché "I don't hate X... I have friends who are x!" argument

23 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Modern day scabs crossing the picket line. I want to see the type of person who would be happy to jump on the back of the work of the RBB and try to be the new "leaders". 

In every corner of society this **** is happening. Don't walk there, don't do this. We better do a risk analysis. You can't eat here because we've designated it a smoking area and you don't have the right to choose to eat around this smoke. You can't come back in after this time. Drink from this plastic cup, don't stand up in front of me etc. etc.

The RBB was a haven from this gentrified world. A place to sing and scream and jump around. A place where you still get to be a bit primal. Where that thing in the pit of our guts that society is slowly sucking out from us - our souls, our ******* lifeforce - is able to be released.

And now that's going to. They simply don't get it. They think that they can have the passion and atmosphere without anyone going a bit too far every now and then. Well you can't. If you take away the passion, the chance to release the primal urge, all you are left with is empty souls filling a stadium. Maybe that is what they really wanted all along. 

Quoting so it's on this page too.

The whole issue needs more clarification, from both sides, before it can be debated at length imo. 

It's a poorly worded email that seems to outline two completely different paths of action. What's it gonna be?

2 things I will say now though:

It is sneaky the way they have waited until after membership renewals to announce this and the club have admitted as much by offering refunds or exchanges of memberships. That's not a good look.

The response from the RBB this afternoon is the sort they should always have; clever and hard hitting. Not the way they handled the banner incident by purposely trying to convey a rebellious side and keep going on with it. You have to be smart and you can do so without being the club's lap dog. Sounds like that is what the club is after from the minimal sense of the email.

I'd say BigDukes is that person. I don't know him personally but he always seems to be switched on and good at what he does from what I've seen on here. 

4 minutes ago, mack said:

I can't wait to see you wearing a fluro vest, standing in front of whatever active support group comes after the club take over, not watching the game but helpfully pointing out to security anyone who may be a threat to the value of the club, after paying your membership fee to the club for the privileged of doing so, at no benefit to yourself, while opening yourself up to being blamed for anyone who does get past your eagle eyes.

Outsiders always love to point the finger at the RBB, always love to tell us how we should do things but they never seem to volunteer for this mythical "self policing" job, much less point out how the RBB can magically find people that the 200+ police, security and venue camera operators at any game all miss.

At what point did I blame volunteers mate? The straw men are coming thick and fast this evening.

if you think the RBB should be free from critical analysis, it's no skin off my back mate.

Just now, SomeGuy1977 said:

Shhhh!!! You're not supposed to talk about those X :ninja:

You mean the bit where he quoted half my comment to turn it into a point I didn't make?

Debae in an echo chamber is a little counterproductive, isn't it? Might leave this one here

1 minute ago, Upthehill said:

You mean the bit where he quoted half my comment to turn it into a point I didn't make?

Debae in an echo chamber is a little counterproductive, isn't it? Might leave this one here

I think people are a little emotional at the moment, so your clever analysis is likely to appear as bait.

1 minute ago, ColdRock said:

I think people are a little emotional at the moment, so your clever analysis is likely to appear as bait.

This is old news Cold Rock.

This is something the club has been working for years on.

No emotion.

Anyway looking forward to the attitude adjusted cheer squad.

2 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

No, I mean those X types have friends. Powerful friends. If we keep talking about them, they will find out. They WILL come... :ninja:

Also, debate in an echo chamber is entirely possible with non verbal communication. Like posting messages on a public forum. Maybe not all that affective, but possible none the less. 

5 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

lol echo chamber. Who would expect that on a forum featuring dedicated WSW supporters - many of who stand in active bays - there would be so many people defending the RBB? A real shock. 

Go for a jog around the block mate

1 hour ago, Jukes01 said:

I always had the impression that the RBB and the club had regular conversations.

So they don't talk at all?

It's frosty at best of times Jukes :lol: 

18 minutes ago, hughsey said:

The whole issue needs more clarification, from both sides, before it can be debated at length imo. 

It's a poorly worded email that seems to outline two completely different paths of action. What's it gonna be?

Poorly worded, not so much. Poorly constructed and resulting mixed messages. Some of the news reports I've seen because of the poor quality is laughable.

Re RBB: Don't think we'll see a rushed response, rather something will come as a result of talks between them and the club.

2 minutes ago, sonar said:

I hope it doesn't turn into a battle between those who think the RBB stands for..Really Bad Bastards...or those who think it stands for ...Really Beaut Blokes...we all support the Wanderers.!

Aah but is this not the tactic? The spiel from MSM, the emails to fans concerning the "disloyal ones", the docking of points threats?

Certainly not measures one would use to unite a collective

2 minutes ago, ColdRock said:

Aah but is this not the tactic? The spiel from MSM, the emails to fans concerning the "disloyal ones", the docking of points threats?

Certainly not measures one would use to unite a collective

I am more concerned on how WE on this forum interact with each other. I know the MSM fear football. I'm all for letting there be a diversity of opinion,it's good to have a healthy debate, but don't let the anger,hate or whatever split friends. 

4 minutes ago, leslie said:

me thinks It will be a brave man to step up and say im now a leader of the RBB.

It won't work.

The club is kidding themselves if they think todays email is going to take active support to the next level.

Their ignorance re this was proven when they mentioned safe standing. 

Edited by Wanderboy
1 minute ago, leslie said:

me thinks It will be a brave man to step up and say im now a leader of the RBB.

This is the thing. Whoever steps up will be labelled something of a traitor. Even if you did the role it's a thankless task no matter how you slice it. So the club and those who are leading the RBB are stuck with each other :D