What Floats Your Boat 4

18 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Applied for a new job a couple of months ago and they came back today with the job offer!! Super excited but very sad that I’ll be leaving my team who have been pretty good

Time to roll in the $$$$$$ lol jokes saving for a house - will be living in austerity until I’m like 40 😭

What happens at 40 to get you out of austerity? The must have missed it. 

27 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

What happens at 40 to get you out of austerity? The must have missed it. 

Mortgage paid off (hopefully)

Trying to amass a big deposit so I have lower repayments - also hoping the housing market collapses but I keep my job so prices go down but my purchasing power is maintained 

2 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

It already has.

Not nearly enough. I dont wish pain on current owners, speculators yes, normal onwers no. But the market has a long long way to fall yet.

Maybe then housing can go back to being about a human necessity rather than  speculation and greed.

Havent heard the usual boring tossers at work talking up their property portfolios for a while...

Edited by Erimus
5 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Mortgage paid off (hopefully)

Trying to amass a big deposit so I have lower repayments - also hoping the housing market collapses but I keep my job so prices go down but my purchasing power is maintained 

Dude enjoy yourself while you are young plenty of time to be sensible and middle aged later 

4 hours ago, Erimus said:

Not nearly enough. I dont wish pain on current owners, speculators yes, normal onwers no. But the market has a long long way to fall yet.

Maybe then housing can go back to being about a human necessity rather than  speculation and greed.

Havent heard the usual boring tossers at work talking up their property portfolios for a while...

Never been closer to punching someone out at work (when I worked for a bank) after this person said (leaning back in his chair at a team lunch) 'yeah well you know your first house is always the hardest to pay off'.

Pretty much anyone who uses the word portfolio in a conversation is in the same boat.

And this - I might have posted it before...but I love watching it!

A primary school principal in north China has become the latest internet celebrity for busting some cool moves during a morning exercise routine with his students. Every morning, 40-year-old principal Zhang Pengfei at the Xi Guan Primary School in Linyi county, Shanxi province would lead about 700 pupils on the playground in a synchronised 'ghost shuffle' routine - a dance that incorporates contemporary jazz steps with heel, toe and arm movements. The bold headmaster thought the fun and energetic exercise routine would better encourage students to get active instead of 'being glued to their mobile phones'.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

A primary school principal in north China has become the latest internet celebrity for busting some cool moves during a morning exercise routine with his students. Every morning, 40-year-old principal Zhang Pengfei at the Xi Guan Primary School in Linyi county, Shanxi province would lead about 700 pupils on the playground in a synchronised 'ghost shuffle' routine - a dance that incorporates contemporary jazz steps with heel, toe and arm movements. The bold headmaster thought the fun and energetic exercise routine would better encourage students to get active instead of 'being glued to their mobile phones'.

They can’t help to be glued to their phones....don’t these kids assemble them? 

:cheeky:

On 18/06/2019 at 8:59 PM, wendybr said:

Why doesn't anyone like this?? :P

It really really really makes me want to dance...and to learn to shuffle dance! :lol:

I'm gonna put it on my bucket list!  :lol:

• mack locked this topic