Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

Just now, GunnerWanderer said:

First time for everything 

and fwiw it was a gold rumour 

you start another one about Reira to be replaced by Rooney or zlatan that’s bait the journos will gobble up 

I have a great Zlatan story I may share on the forum or the show one day!

I've actually had some fun with other club attempted signings, might one day share those 😂

Thanks of course! I didn't even intend for it to go public! Thought my friend would have realised how outlandish it was before running it! One of the few times the A-League opened the 7 news sports reports haha!

1 hour ago, blameturner said:

I merely present the info I'm given. 

Klose was a joke at the time.

Everyone is more than welcome to pass their own judgement.

The comments above are accurate. Duke has no intention to return to Australia. But hey, you are right. Take it with a grain of salt if you want.

Also, haven't been a real estate agent for a while. In the property game so GunnerWanderer is half right :)

No offence meant to you my man. That same statement would apply to all but the 3 people who feed me regularly correct info

> But hey, you are right

Can you please tell my wife that?

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

No offence meant to you my man. That same statement would apply to all but the 3 people who feed me regularly correct info

> But hey, you are right

Can you please tell my wife that?

Haha don't worry man! None taken :) just figured and pop in and at least say hello! 

Hahaha if the opportunity arises I'll be singing your praises to her!

Yeboah (ex roar) reportedly flying back to Oz to sign A-League deal with mystery A-league club. Confirmed not roar. Melbourne City, Adelaide and Wanderers rumoured as potential clubs.

Sauce:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/yeboah-signs-a-league-deal-after-german-exit

1 hour ago, WanderingToqui said:

Yeboah (ex roar) reportedly flying back to Oz to sign A-League deal with mystery A-league club. Confirmed not roar. Melbourne City, Adelaide and Wanderers rumoured as potential clubs.

Sauce:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/yeboah-signs-a-league-deal-after-german-exit

If he signed with us - big if - would that add to the talk of Riera walking in the Jan window? Could be why the club is as yet "unnamed".

Ok, it’s what we’ve got now. He will be an improvement on Sotirio. Hopefully he forces something more out of Riera too. We finally have a second option at 9, so no more missed opportunities - that’s assuming he’s even here in 4 weeks.

Ditching Llorente, Roly and Riera will give us a **** load of options. Should be next on the list. Ziggy becoming an Aussie will be amazing when it finally happens.

If the bloke was a consistent goal scoring machine in Germany then he wouldn't be coming home would he?  He scored 10 goals in 28 games in the 2017 against far superior defences than what he will experience here so I reckon its a good signing.  It's a salary cap league we have to keep recycling the same old crap.  Don't buy anyone people have a sook, buy someone people have a sook.

11 minutes ago, scarcev said:

If the bloke was a consistent goal scoring machine in Germany then he wouldn't be coming home would he?  He scored 10 goals in 28 games in the 2017 against far superior defences than what he will experience here so I reckon its a good signing.  It's a salary cap league we have to keep recycling the same old crap.  Don't buy anyone people have a sook, buy someone people have a sook.

honestly i think he will be a great signing for us, might make our marquee actually do something apart from miss pens forever, that said i thought bulut would be great, same with saba so yea

45 minutes ago, scarcev said:

You're over-estimating the quality in the German fourth tier. There's a handful of youth/reserve teams of dubious quality, and the rest are almost all semi-pro. There are even a few amateur teams. The clubs would probably range from low end A-League quality to NPL2, maybe even lower for the really poor teams that came up from the 5th tier.

I'm more worried that he's had ongoing injury issues and that he wasn't good enough for a 3rd tier club.

The positives is that at least in that fourth tier he was playing as a forward and scoring goals, he's probably the best of our options to come on in place of/alongside Riera if we need a 2nd striker.

• mack locked this topic