Babbel Out?

Babbel out?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion:

• Does Babbel deserve another season to clear out some players, rebuild the squad and impart his "mentality"?
    • Do we cut out losses (either at the end of the season or asap) and start the search again?

10 minutes ago, mack said:

77 people. Can you not see it in the top corner? The colour isn't easy to see though.

Ahhh yes I can now that you point it out!

Thanks!  :good:

PS I didn't realise you could view the vote, without voting! :)

Edited by wendybr
46 minutes ago, sonar said:

See..the poll should of had a third option......Perhaps/Maybe/If we lose to the Mariners......lol

Make your own damn indecisive poll! ;)

26 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I didn't realise you could view the vote, without voting! :)

I didn't either and wonder whether some herd mentality will skew the vote? Which I believe old mate Smoggy had mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Carns said:

Make your own damn indecisive poll! ;)

I didn't either and wonder whether some herd mentality will skew the vote? Which I believe old mate Smoggy had mentioned.

That's possible.

You can't usually see the result without voting first... in most polls, I think?

I have been Babbel out from the start of the season. Anyone who witnessed the Newcastle preseason game among others should have had grave concerns and subsequent results have vindicated that. Babbel had a full preseason, has recruited two visa players in the spine of the team and yet delivered nothing but elaborate and controversial excuses all season. This season was dead long ago

So the issue now is next season. Good aussie players for next year would be signing contracts now, and the Babbel decision must be made with a view to signing the best for next year. If players are reluctant to come to WSW because the coach is crap and treats his players like crap, then they should get rid of him, appoint someone and present a positive picture for recruitment. But I don;t think this is possible at this late stage.

Possibly the best solution for the club now is to back the manager, they probably will have to pay overs to lure decent players, and do something to rectify Babbels inept coaching. Get rid of JP and get a decent young tactician (or at least a decent human being) as Babbels no 2. Recruitment of visa players is critical. Crocked germans don;t cut it. I'm not sure who does this but it needs to be someone different to last season.

So I voted Babbelout, simply because I think he is a hoax, but I don't actually believe that is the best strategy at this late point in time

Not sure how we can look at sacking a bloke when a) there is a distinct lack of suitable replacements around. b) he is bringing in some promising local kids who all seem to have the confidence to play at this level and want to play for him c) he has only been able to bring 4 players to the Club, 2 of which (Ziegler, Baujohann) have looked very good but have been injured long term and 2 who it is too soon to judge having been here only a few weeks, although they look like they care and have a bit of talent (Yeboah, Duke).

Edited by scarcev

If we hadn't just booted our previous manager, i'd be #babbelout but I think there is a need for stability. I also think it probably takes longer than 1 year to make some sort of meaningful impact on a squad, based on that I think Gombau got the short end as well. 

Looking at this thread though people are lining up to make excuses for him. While our squad might not be the greatest in the league, it's no worse than CCM, Newcastle, Brisbane, Phoenix, City, Adelaide etc. MB has just put out a narrative that he deserves zero blame & the players aren't good enough & people just eat it up.

**** it, i've convinced myself... #babbelout take JP with you. 

1 hour ago, Bellby said:

If we hadn't just booted our previous manager, i'd be #babbelout but I think there is a need for stability. I also think it probably takes longer than 1 year to make some sort of meaningful impact on a squad, based on that I think Gombau got the short end as well. 

Looking at this thread though people are lining up to make excuses for him. While our squad might not be the greatest in the league, it's no worse than CCM, Newcastle, Brisbane, Phoenix, City, Adelaide etc. MB has just put out a narrative that he deserves zero blame & the players aren't good enough & people just eat it up.

**** it, i've convinced myself... #babbelout take JP with you. 

Thou of little faith.. He picked the short end himself that guy, why would we boot a manager just because he didn't make finals but gave it a good go?? Don't get me wrong i like him as a coach at United but he just didn't suit the wanderers as the board thought he would.. From what i recall Gumby got the boot because he lost the players in the dressing room and they no longer wanted to play for him and couldn't name one of our youth players to save his life?? Even if he took us to the finals he still would have got the sack i reckon 

Also whats the problem with JP?

34 minutes ago, Burztur said:

The old polls used to show everyone who voted for what.

Transparency I say! No need for confidentiality.

I had the option to make the votes public when setting it up, but thought anonymity may lead to more accurate results. But I am not sure if that is the case.

3 hours ago, Carns said:

I had the option to make the votes public when setting it up, but thought anonymity may lead to more accurate results. But I am not sure if that is the case.

Anonymity is better. Interesting the near universal support Babbel has. Did we do one during Gombau's time? 

18 hours ago, MistahCampoy said:

Thou of little faith.. He picked the short end himself that guy, why would we boot a manager just because he didn't make finals but gave it a good go?? Don't get me wrong i like him as a coach at United but he just didn't suit the wanderers as the board thought he would.. From what i recall Gumby got the boot because he lost the players in the dressing room and they no longer wanted to play for him and couldn't name one of our youth players to save his life?? Even if he took us to the finals he still would have got the sack i reckon 

Also whats the problem with JP?

When Gumby was direct with the dressing room & lost the players, he was booted. If we're using that as the precedent, the exact same thing is now happening with MB, so shouldn't we boot him too? Or do we pat him on the back for saying it how it is? Double standards imo. 

I'm not really on either side, while i think MB is heavily overrated because of his playing resume & seems to take almost zero responsibility for our season, i think there's probably a need for stability in the role given the past few years. 

51 minutes ago, Bellby said:

When Gumby was direct with the dressing room & lost the players, he was booted. If we're using that as the precedent, the exact same thing is now happening with MB, so shouldn't we boot him too? Or do we pat him on the back for saying it how it is? Double standards imo. 

I'm not really on either side, while i think MB is heavily overrated because of his playing resume & seems to take almost zero responsibility for our season, i think there's probably a need for stability in the role given the past few years. 

My understanding of Gombau losing the dressing room (mostly from information on this forum) wasn't criticism of the players but something to do with announcing up front that he was abandoning the Wanderers philosophy and ambition.

Gombau also came in saying he'll work with the youth and completely reneged on that promise. Whereas Babbel  is doing the complete opposite (I understand many were forced upon him out of necessity). WSW are building an academy. The head coach will have a mandate to include youth in his plans so the club can get a ROI of the academy and youth players.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic