Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Re: Majewski - not sure how true this is but I heard that the club weren’t too happy with how he treated his rehab when allowing him to go back to Poland so his days may be numbered. I heard this prior to us turning to **** though so they may be willing to be a bit more forgiving now

Seems to spend 80% of his time on panels or podcasts so clearly very focused on his rehab....would be happy if they said don't bother coming back.

I know that we don't have any foreign spots available at present, but if one did become available how does this guy stack up?  His stats look pretty good to me, has been capped for Japan as well, contract about to expire.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/yu-kobayashi/leistungsdaten/spieler/138260/plus/0?saison=2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhWWoPstWwM

No Mention of the Football God ,hopefully he is eating Franfurts in Frankfurt.

Western Sydney Wanderers v Perth Glory
Sunday 19 January 2020
Bankwest Stadium
Kick off: 6.30pm AEDT
Broadcast: FOX Sports 505
Stream: MyFootball Live App, Kayo Sports

Western Sydney Wanderers FC squad: 1.Daniel LOPAR (GK), 4.Dylan MCGOWAN, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 6.Matthew JURMAN, 7.Mitchell DUKE (c), 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Nicolai MULLER, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 16.Mathieu CORDIER, 19.Pirmin SCHWEGLER, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 22.Nicholas SULLIVAN, 23.Kosta GROZOS, 27.Kwame YEBOAH, 31.Noah PAGDEN, 33.Tate RUSSELL, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER, 35.Mohamed ADAM, 40.Nicholas SUMAN (GK), 52.Mohamed AL-TAAY.

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY (promoted), 11.Bruce KAMAU (promoted), 16.Mathieu CORDIER (promoted), 52.Mohamed AL-TAAY (promoted)
Outs: 59.Dean PELEKANOS (not selected), 62.Ali AUGLAH (not selected)
Unavailable: 10.Radoslaw MAJEWSKI (knee), 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS (international duty), 17.Keanu BACCUS (international duty), 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC (shoulder), 29.Daniel WILMERING (knee)

14 minutes ago, Keithie said:

No Mention of the Football God ,hopefully he is eating Franfurts in Frankfurt.

Western Sydney Wanderers v Perth Glory
Sunday 19 January 2020
Bankwest Stadium
Kick off: 6.30pm AEDT
Broadcast: FOX Sports 505
Stream: MyFootball Live App, Kayo Sports

Western Sydney Wanderers FC squad: 1.Daniel LOPAR (GK), 4.Dylan MCGOWAN, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 6.Matthew JURMAN, 7.Mitchell DUKE (c), 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Nicolai MULLER, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 16.Mathieu CORDIER, 19.Pirmin SCHWEGLER, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 22.Nicholas SULLIVAN, 23.Kosta GROZOS, 27.Kwame YEBOAH, 31.Noah PAGDEN, 33.Tate RUSSELL, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER, 35.Mohamed ADAM, 40.Nicholas SUMAN (GK), 52.Mohamed AL-TAAY.

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY (promoted), 11.Bruce KAMAU (promoted), 16.Mathieu CORDIER (promoted), 52.Mohamed AL-TAAY (promoted)
Outs: 59.Dean PELEKANOS (not selected), 62.Ali AUGLAH (not selected)
Unavailable: 10.Radoslaw MAJEWSKI (knee), 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS (international duty), 17.Keanu BACCUS (international duty), 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC (shoulder), 29.Daniel WILMERING (knee)

Just about to post the same. Not on the injury list despite Babs suggesting a hamstring injury. Surely just a matter of time. 

1 hour ago, wswtragic said:

Not sure about his enthusiasm for the football aspects of his life here ( although it's great that he is enthusiastic) but it's good that he and his family have enjoyed living in Sydney at the worst time to be here that I can ever remember.

Hopefully, for him and for the team, things only get better and better for him on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Not sure about his enthusiasm for the football aspects of his life here ( although it's great that he is enthusiastic) but it's good that he and his family have enjoyed living in Sydney at the worst time to be here that I can ever remember.

Hopefully, for him and for the team, things only get better and better for him on the pitch.

Apparently at every training session he gives a rendition of 'Smoke gets in your eyes"

10 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

YES! Its the SMH though so we should wait till the club confirms before we get excited. That Japanese bloke mentioned above looks very good. Throw the money his way!

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
3 hours ago, papersun said:

I know that we don't have any foreign spots available at present, but if one did become available how does this guy stack up?  His stats look pretty good to me, has been capped for Japan as well, contract about to expire.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/yu-kobayashi/leistungsdaten/spieler/138260/plus/0?saison=2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhWWoPstWwM

Reckon we need a 10 more than a 9. 

This guy has just become available 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nico-gaitan/leistungsdaten/spieler/75442

1 minute ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Duke isn't a winger imo so play him at ST. Then you have a new AM, Müller on the right.

Who on the left though? Yeboah should never set foot anywhere near our starting lineup again. Adam isn't really a winger for me.

Mueller on the left, Kamau on the right.... (it hurt to type that). 
Agree that Duke should be up top.

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Here's an AM that is affordable and european

https://www.transfermarkt.com/renan-bressan/profil/spieler/66008

Why do they have to be affordable though? If the Meier rumours are true then that leaves us with a marquee spot open. I honestly think we need a goalscorer. In our squad there isn't one player you could name that would get us 10 a season.

1 minute ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Why do they have to be affordable though? If the Meier rumours are true then that leaves us with a marquee spot open. I honestly think we need a goalscorer. In our squad there isn't one player you could name that would get us 10 a season.

This we need a 20 goal a season striker Duke isn't that.

Duke will get around 10 from wing or second striker but he isn't your 20 goal guy. If Duke is the main striker then we would need a lot more from the wingers than Kamau / Yeboah are capable of

4 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Unless they can score from 40 metres out it won't make any difference, we can't get the ball to them.

Your joking right? I know we haven't gotten to many clear cut chances but if you look at STATS (I know they lie sometimes) it says otherwise.

Vs Wellington (2-0)       Shots Taken - 14     On Target - 2   Goals - 0

Vs Brisbane (1-2)          Shots Taken - 12    On Target - 5    Goals - 1

Vs W United (1-1)         Shots Taken - 19    On Target - 4    Goals - 1

Vs Glory (2-0)                Shots Taken - 11    On Target - 3   Goals - 0

Vs Wellington (2-1)        Shots Taken - 15    On Target - 4   Goals - 1

Vs Newcastle (2-0)        Shots Taken - 22    On Target - 4   Goals - 0

Sure the service probably hasn't been great BUT I would expect a few more goals from these stats than what we have gotten.

29 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Muller to marquee most likely.

2 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I reckon Muller would be on a lot less than Meier. Maybe this means we could sign a few other decent players in other positions?

Muller signed cheap to replace Majewski on an injury contract

Edited by Paul01
Added info
  • mack locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic