Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

Predictions please. That way we can come back in 6 months and either gloat or claim to have been hacked. 

I'm going to say Cox will turn out ok. Score 6 in whats left of the season with 2+ assists. 

As for Marcus, if he signs a #10 this window he might just survive. If he doesn't he won't see past the derby.

25 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Yes

I maintain it’s our problem that we didn’t use Meier properly - like some games he was playing CAM like wtf

OR play a 2m tall 37 yr old as lone striker in the Aussie summer and ask him to press. Then wonder why he didn't get on the end of that through ball.

Who's the Aussie no.10 Babbel is going to sign?

TBH I wouldn't mind us hijacking Rojas from the Vucks and signing with us for the rest of the season but we will have to do deal with Cox as our signing.

Cox signing is underwhelming, watching that Southend video, he has players that are supplying him good balls to his feet and he's able to get into space and finish it off but I don't think he will have that luxury with us since we are woeful at creating chances or even getting into goal scoring opportunities.

Will probably have to wait a couple of weeks to see him in action

28 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

OR play a 2m tall 37 yr old as lone striker in the Aussie summer and ask him to press. Then wonder why he didn't get on the end of that through ball.

Even in ice cold conditions, 2 minutes into a game, Meier was never going to get on the end of a through ball. His strength seemed to be ball to feet (had a good first touch) and back to goal. Our problem was we never used him like this. If the ball was played to him, the players didn't move, or not into a position to receive it back. 

As others have mentioned, i hope Cox turns out to be in the same mould as Le Fondra & Donovan. This will be considered acceptable. 

Then we just need to convince the club interested in Baccus to up their bid and we can buy a CAM.

13 minutes ago, SBW said:

Who's the Aussie no.10 Babbel is going to sign?

TBH I wouldn't mind us hijacking Rojas from the Vucks and signing with us for the rest of the season but we will have to do deal with Cox as our signing.

Cox signing is underwhelming, watching that Southend video, he has players that are supplying him good balls to his feet and he's able to get into space and finish it off but I don't think he will have that luxury with us since we are woeful at creating chances or even getting into goal scoring opportunities.

Will probably have to wait a couple of weeks to see him in action

We actually do create a bit (not enough) but our strikers don’t finish. Even as bad as we were against Wellington, yeboah had 2 chances he should have finished, 1 which Mueller put on a plate for him and he just needed the ability to control a ball with his first touch (which currently he doesn’t have)

Was exactly the sort of chance a le Fondre, Keogh type would bury

Duke isn’t a prolific #9, I love him but he isn’t. We need a 15-20 goal a season scorer hopefully Brian is it 

17 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

We actually do create a bit (not enough) but our strikers don’t finish. Even as bad as we were against Wellington, yeboah had 2 chances he should have finished, 1 which Mueller put on a plate for him and he just needed the ability to control a ball with his first touch (which currently he doesn’t have)

Was exactly the sort of chance a le Fondre, Keogh type would bury

Duke isn’t a prolific #9, I love him but he isn’t. We need a 15-20 goal a season scorer hopefully Brian is it 

I'm not sure Brian Cox (physicist) can score 15-20 goals...........................:lol:

Let's hope Simon can.

13 minutes ago, Davo said:

Matt Sim and Ryan Griffiths spring to mind.

Both were known journeymen brought in to plug gaps and serve as squad depth on very affordable contracts for short periods of time. You could argue that both put in a shift on the pitch when they had the chance.

Meier was brought in as a very expensive marquee, with huge media exposure and expectations. You could tell he still had the talent and the knowledge, but he was just finished. Wouldn’t run, didn’t look interested, and for a bloke that is 6’5 he struggled to win a header. 

One measly goal (from a defensive mistake, mind you) in half a season and shipped off in the new year. Even Pio managed to bag a couple of goals and saw out the season. 

3 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Cejudo was a worse marquee

76 on FIFA and widely expected to be a Diego Castro for us but nope

Scored 2 goals as a winger from 20 games. Better goal to game ratio than Meier in arguably our darkest period (the 5-0 derby thrashing). 

He’s up there though.

4 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

What you have written there is just as ridiculous as saying 'He is from league one, he must be ****.'

No its perfectly accurate obviously. Just a harmless joke. I want to see this guy succeed though. He seems like a decent bloke with good spirits. Honestly he seems like he is in the Le Fondre mould. Hopefully he can bang some goals in. His highlights looked pretty good tbf. 

2 hours ago, Beer said:

Officially the worst signing in our history. Change my mind. 

Not the worst. Came to us in not great shape, and maybe his size made his running style look cumbersome, but i think he genuinely put in to try and make it work. From what we know, he didn't spit the dummy and blame others. So no, not our worst signing in my book. 

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Not the worst. Came to us in not great shape, and maybe his size made his running style look cumbersome, but i think he genuinely put in to try and make it work. From what we know, he didn't spit the dummy and blame others. So no, not our worst signing in my book. 

Just out of curiosity, who is, in your opinion, our worst signing? 

2 minutes ago, leslie said:

Apparently Cox arrives on Sunday, plenty of time to get gear sorted and make a cameo off the bench in the evening. Tell him he can have a sleep in on Monday. Welcome to Western Sydney son.

What happens if Dukes plays up front and scores a hat trick? Lol

..........Simon who ?........:P

• mack locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic