Squad Development 2021

3 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

yeah i've openly said I dont believe he's going to score enough goals but can't fault his efforts and now commitment to the club, type of player we want around. 

His work up the front has been good. If he can keep up his form and help create the chances he has been it will be a good season for him.

Im sure he'll get 6 or 7 but if he fan couple that with a dozen assists will be very happy

17 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Thats what it looks like, although Perth's team looks pretty stacked at the moment. I wonder how close they are to the cap.

I doubt they are even close to the gap as they filled a few spots by promoting some of the youth players to the senior squad:

- Bryce Bafford
- Joshua Rawlins
- Daniel Walsh
- Nicholas Walsh
- Giordano Colli
- Mason Tatafu
- Trent Ostler

2 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

I doubt they are even close to the gap as they filled a few spots by promoting some of the youth players to the senior squad:

- Bryce Bafford
- Joshua Rawlins
- Daniel Walsh
- Nicholas Walsh
- Giordano Colli
- Mason Tatafu
- Trent Ostler

Fair enough, a lot of the players they signed should be on decent coin though.

12 minutes ago, hughsey said:

How much depth in the one position do you need though when squads are capped at 23 players, with a salary cap on top of that?

If you re-read what I said, I said we have players whos contract conclude at the end of the season, such as Ziegler, therefore Rhys Williams could be an option as a replacement, which adds further depth to our squad.

2 minutes ago, TwoLeftFoots said:

Perhaps Cox has eaten enough meat pies to be classified as an Aussie 

Im thinking/hoping that with no goals in 12 games, and a newborn and wife trapped half a world away in a Covid mess that Mitch Duke may be flirting with the idea of re-uniting the family.

24 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Im thinking/hoping that with no goals in 12 games, and a newborn and wife trapped half a world away in a Covid mess that Mitch Duke may be flirting with the idea of re-uniting the family.

We can only dream

What are the rules behind foreign guest signings?

The best Australian forwards under contract overseas include Leckie, Goodwin, Rukavytsya, Juric (Deni), Duke, Giannou, Williams.

While they are good players I wouldn't take Leckie or Goodwin as they are considered wingers and we don't need any more wingers playing 9.

Rukavytsya is the most inform player in that list.

Duke, Giannou and Williams seem to be struggling overseas.

I would be very interested to see Deni Juric in the A-League, he doesn't have a bad scoring record in the Croatian 1st and 2nd division.

I would take any of Rukavytsya, Duke, Giannou or Juric.

I would add two guys to the list:

- Anthony Carter: https://www.transfermarkt.com/anthony-carter/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/303385
- John Iredale: https://www.transfermarkt.com/john-iredale/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/534304

Robbo wants talent that seem to be young and I feel they fit his requirements

Edited by MathyouWSW
  • mack unpinned and locked this topic