Brisbane Roar Thread 2015/16

Perfect reply to that tosspot is "20 goals but 0 trophies and no golden boot"

Looks like he still didn't learn, watching the post match interview, he was hurting lots!

Maybe they mean the crowd was the twelfth man?

Wishful thinking, I know.

^ Pretty sure they mean the crowd. Which is a compliment.

Have to agree with Matty here, very few social media accounts out there are humble or show any humility, look at the Wanderers :lol:

I hope your right Wendy, he's done okay but he's got a long way to go.

I have seen many Jamie Mac's over the 10 years in the A league. 

Outside of Kruse and Leckie not many have kicked on.

Perfectly fair enough GW.    :)

But I hope he does well going forward.

And I wish we'd grabbed him last year tbh.

That's fine Wendy and I don't mind a player giving it to us.

However...think about the mentality of someone who's first instinct, when they believe they have booked a place in a grand final, is to bait the opposition.

And ehat I did mind was the suggestion that he shut us up. When he didn't.

I've read a few reports today saying that parramatta was silenced. It annoys me greatly. ..it's one if the few places that doesn't go silent and on top of that last night was noisier than normal.

That's fine Wendy and I don't mind a player giving it to us.

However...think about the mentality of someone who's first instinct, when they believe they have booked a place in a grand final, is to bait the opposition.

I don't appreciate arrogance in people at all ... or egotism.  But I guess I can overlook it in football strikers more than in any other field!   :lol:  

I also really don't like baiting the opposition,  by us or anyone,  but.... it seems par for the course everywhere. A bit inconsistent of many of us to come down on others doing it,  when some of our players and supporters do it, and are celebrated for it. Not saying you do it.... but I see it celebrated here often (eg Butters giving it to the Roar supporters - his former supporters). So from me  :pardon: it happens.

And what I did mind was the suggestion that he shut us up. When he didn't.

Silly bravado at the time on his part- spur of the moment delight, I'd imagine.  He's no doubt paying for it now.  A lesson to learn I suspect.  You in the RBB.... and everyone who was at the game (or who has since seen the game) know the truth, so again.....  :pardon: yeah right!

I've read a few reports today saying that parramatta was silenced. It annoys me greatly. ..it's one if the few places that doesn't go silent and on top of that last night was noisier than normal.

We know what we know. 

So  :acute: to anyone foolish enough to say it or believe it.

Anyway.... cheers to you for your contributions in the RBB.... we were right down near the Roar supporters, and you came through loud and clear!   :good:

That Maclaren is a smart cookie too - told Mack he was a fan, not a player. Genius. (Mack smashed him back though!)

I don't care about the baiting, all good if that's what he wants to do, but to suggest they took their foot off the peddle...

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/brisbane-roar-took-the-foot-off-the-pedal-says-jamie-maclaren/1b0ode3548uf316xitvk449jk9

Mate, we scored two minutes after you made it 3, you didn't have time to take your foot off the pedal. Before you knew it, you were worried about the comeback.

To be honest I've seen many a player do what MacLaren has done. I don't see what is wrong with it. I remember La Rocca giving it to The Cove a few years ago. Everyone here loved it. That's part of football banter. Same as the Roar supporters doing a mock Poznan. Surely people didn't get worked up about that?

Let's not be type of people who can give but not take. If you are worried about other people making fun of you about something, then maybe you should assess what you are doing or work out a way of not letting it get to you. Besides all that stuff backfired on them, so we win in the end.

To be honest I've seen many a player do what MacLaren has done. I don't see what is wrong with it. I remember La Rocca giving it to The Cove a few years ago. Everyone here loved it. That's part of football banter. Same as the Roar supporters doing a mock Poznan. Surely people didn't get worked up about that?

Let's not be type of people who can give but not take. If you are worried about other people making fun of you about something, then maybe you should assess what you are doing or work out a way of not letting it get to you. Besides all that stuff backfired on them, so we win in the end.

:good:  :good: Totally agree. What Maclaren did was show pretty natural exuberance... happens all the time. And it's understandable!!

I personally found Liam Reddy's ball in Matt Jurman's face (much as I dislike Jurman) quite a bit more distasteful (sure different circumstances) .. but it seems to have been widely appreciated.

This is a nothing thing to hold against a young player doing what Maclaren did...when he had every right to get swept into the excitement of the moment imo.

I maintain - There is a distinction between giving it, and what he tried to communicate.

which was - I have shut you up.

When he hadn't.

He could have done anything else - he chose that one, and I couldn't be happier it backfired as a result.

What does it matter what he did? So what if he was saying "I have shut you up". Maybe he did that because he sees the way people get so offended by it, but on the inside he respects the way you support. Other players will probably do it because they know it gets to you. Do you see my point?

People know you were great yesterday, but you still find a way to get offended. You earn respect by doing something over and over again very well until you leave no doubt in other people's minds. MacLaren can then do what he likes.