Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

On 3/14/2018 at 9:38 PM, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

sounds like we are getting the brand new stadium for the next season

......i can dream

i love how its starting to take shape so we can get a general idea of what it looks like

Great to see you are, as wendybr suggested, getting out there and 'smelling the roses', Goat. There are a lot of positive and beautiful things in our world - we just have to recognise and then focus upon them - and they will pull us through the darker times all people experience on occasions.

17 hours ago, FCWanderers said:

Wanderers initially requested a safe-standing area catering for 2000 supporters but have been told that number will likely be slightly smaller than their request. When the Wanderers return to Parramatta in 2019, it's understood about 1400 safe-standing seats will be in place for their most vocal fans. In terms of their previous home venue, that would be the equivalent of about three full bays at the old Parramatta Stadium.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/safe-standing-set-for-two-new-stadiums-in-sydney-20180316-p4z4pm.html

From the latest Bossi article, which also states that Sydney FC has also requested a safe standing section at the proposed Moore Park stadium.

Whole end should be safe standing like Bundesliga..

Even if the planning allowed it, I doubt either the FFA or Police would let it happen immediately. Maybe in 5 or 10 years if the idiocy from the police dies down (unlikely but who knows) they might allow a slightly increased capacity in that end.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, FCB said:

Can't be bothered going through 20 pages of posts.

I was part of a meeting with club officials on Monday. If I understood them correctly then the capacity of the ground will be 27k (spread across North, East, and South terraces) plus 3k VIP seats (West terrace only). Those who had seats on the old Parra West Terrace will be relocated to the new East terrace.

It seems like you did understand them correctly. Email from the club today confirmed it:

How will my membership seats be allocated at Western Sydney Stadium? Will I be allocated my same seat?

Parramatta Stadium has been demolished to make way for the new Western Sydney Stadium (WSS). WSS is a completely new venue with a different layout and different seating configuration that has been designed to a capacity of 30,000. All member and general admission seating will be located in the Northern, Southern and Eastern stands while the Western stand will house all corporate, stadium, team and media facilities. It is therefore not possible to replicate your previous seating in an equivalent or similar seating position at the new stadium.

https://www.wanderland.com.au/westernsydneystadium-faqs/?camefrom=EMCL_2166217_91902581

Well that's me pretty much ****ed.  

3 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

It seems like you did understand them correctly. Email from the club today confirmed it:

How will my membership seats be allocated at Western Sydney Stadium? Will I be allocated my same seat?

Parramatta Stadium has been demolished to make way for the new Western Sydney Stadium (WSS). WSS is a completely new venue with a different layout and different seating configuration that has been designed to a capacity of 30,000. All member and general admission seating will be located in the Northern, Southern and Eastern stands while the Western stand will house all corporate, stadium, team and media facilities. It is therefore not possible to replicate your previous seating in an equivalent or similar seating position at the new stadium.

https://www.wanderland.com.au/westernsydneystadium-faqs/?camefrom=EMCL_2166217_91902581

Disgraceful

Have been waiting for the new ground but after this email it just confirmed the the club could not care less about atmosphere, support or the fans themselves.  They are only looking after the corporate $$$.

Disgraceful, for all those that though that this is going to be better than Pirtek .... maybe they should think again.

34 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

So the paying members will fry in the afternoon sun and the Corporates will be sheltered. Muther fudgers.

6 minutes ago, EmMac said:

So the paying members will fry in the afternoon sun and the Corporates will be sheltered. Muther fudgers.

At least attendances at Spotless and ANZ will be taken into account and I will happily suffer a little late afternoon sun rather than where we are at the present.

4 minutes ago, sonar said:

At least attendances at Spotless and ANZ will be taken into account and I will happily suffer a little late afternoon sun rather than where we are at the present.

In the email i got it says something about loyalty being taken into account. But the context was years of membership. I think some further clarification will be handy as i missed the first two years of membership, but have been a member since. I think thats three continuous years. And have attended virtually all sop games. So will be interested in how they sort it all out. 

28 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

If there are no seats for fans in the western stand of the new 30000 seater stadium how many seats are available in the rest of the stadium for 20000 members?

I believe approximately 27,000 seats are available in the other 3 stands. There is 3,000 capacity in the main grandstand for those in corporate & premium seating.

2 minutes ago, mack said:

I believe approximately 27,000 seats are available in the other 3 stands. There is 3,000 capacity in the main grandstand for those in corporate & premium seating.

What about the western terrace?  There is one isn't there?

29 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Based on the sun studies in the planning document, if you're worried about the sun you should request a seat in the corners next to the main grandstand (North-West & South-West) corners. Parts of the southern stand should be good as well. North-East Corner and the main Eastern Stand will get hit full force though.

sun.JPG.87723fc394334309a099e4763281f545.JPG

15 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

What about the western terrace?  There is one isn't there?

There is a terrace but the seating is being reserved for people with premium Cumberland Lounge tickets. The next level up is "directors club" and silver & gold suites, the 3rd is lots of corporate boxes between 12 people to 42 people sized and the last one is mostly media with 8 small corporate boxes.

I'm actually amused that there has been so much disdain about this email this evening.

It was always quite clear that the new western side was always going to be almost completely corporate.

FFS, there's been hundreds of pics posted on this site showing that. 

Geez, If fans can't keep up to date with this ****, they only have themselves to blame. I actually feel sorry for the club for the amount of stupid pricks who will hammer them on fb.

Edited by Wanderboy
10 minutes ago, mack said:

There is a terrace but the seating is being reserved for people with premium Cumberland Lounge tickets. The next level up is "directors club" and silver & gold suites, the 3rd is lots of corporate boxes between 12 people to 42 people sized and the last one is mostly media with 8 small corporate boxes.

I suspected getting a western seat would be difficult but never imagined it would be impossible.

9 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I'm actually amused that there has been so much disdain about this email this evening.

It was always quite clear that the new western side was always going to be almost completely corporate.

FFS, there's been hundreds of pics posted on this site showing that. 

Geez, If fans can't keep up to date with this ****, they only have themselves to blame. I actually feel sorry for the club for the amount of stupid pricks who will hammer them on fb.

I don't think the problem is illiteracy or ignorance about what is happening. The majority simply disagree with the further corporatization of the club. Having advance notice from the club that we are to be screwed is only advance notice. It doesn't alter the screwing part. The club I'm sure will appreciate your sympathy for their impossible plight of actually running the show. Going by the recent track record I wouldn't believe much. 

• mack locked this topic