Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

On 09/03/2018 at 9:11 PM, Wanderboy said:

Behind the crane at the southern end of the pitch is the construction of the next roof frame for the southern stand. It looks almost complete so should be lifted into position soon.

This has now being hoisted into place, must have gone up yesterday?

————

Got to laugh at the eels, history? Clearly football has no history in western Sydney, first game of football in Australia played in Western Sydney? Nah... Membership numbers? Having a laugh :lol:. “Powerful” leagues club? :lol: What does that have to do with the stadium? Delusional.

As Mack said, let’s be nice. We will be playing more games there than they will, they’ll move most of there games to ANZ & something as trivial as the opening game wont be much in 5, 10 or 20 years.

Nek minnit Matilda’s open the new stadium :ninja: 

Speaking of NRL fudged numbers, crowd at Penrith yesterday announced as over 21000......yet Matildas game at the same venue announced as <16000. Something's up - there were clearly empty rows of seats visible in the NRL game yesterday.

I want football to have the opening game but realistically I very much doubt we will.  Based on that  expectation, League can have the opening game for their little sport to iron out the kinks in venue operatoions ready for us the next week.

On 3/12/2018 at 9:10 AM, Potkorok said:

Speaking of NRL fudged numbers, crowd at Penrith yesterday announced as over 21000......yet Matildas game at the same venue announced as <16000. Something's up - there were clearly empty rows of seats visible in the NRL game yesterday.

there'd 3-4000 people lining up at the bar if it's your standard packed panthers game.

10 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

there'd 3-4000 people lining up at the bar if it's your standard packed panthers game.

Plus another 1000 still waiting to get through the gates.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

1 hour ago, Victory said:

DYNZ93NVoAAELwr.jpg

I had a walk down there yesterday morning whilst killing time waiting for an appointment. Very imposing, much more so than I thought it would be. It actually looks like a proper ******* stadium of the Euro kind lol So exciting, it is going to me amazing.

Edited by WSWBoro
52 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

I had a walk down there yesterday morning whilst killing time waiting for an appointment. Very imposing, much more so than I thought it would be. It actually looks like a proper ******* stadium of the Euro kind lol So exciting, it is going to me amazing.

you had time to kill why didnt you do some of the building while you were waiting?

19 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

I've been watching vids of Huddersfield fans and the noise they can generate with a roof over them is intense.

This place is going to be as hostile as you can get if active goes back to how it was in the early seasons - providing we're not all banned by then :sorry:

we will all be banned but dont worry the club has the gws cheersquad lined up and ready to take over

9 minutes ago, Victory said:

If the FFA were smart (but they aren't), they'd schedule a Sydney Derby in like Round 25 next year as a WSW home game. If this stadium is going to be ready them, then ******* open it with a derby.

You are right ...they are not smart. All they see is    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s. Their way of thinking is the fans can pay or stay away....the fans are choosing the latter.

Wanderers initially requested a safe-standing area catering for 2000 supporters but have been told that number will likely be slightly smaller than their request. When the Wanderers return to Parramatta in 2019, it's understood about 1400 safe-standing seats will be in place for their most vocal fans. In terms of their previous home venue, that would be the equivalent of about three full bays at the old Parramatta Stadium.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/safe-standing-set-for-two-new-stadiums-in-sydney-20180316-p4z4pm.html

From the latest Bossi article, which also states that Sydney FC has also requested a safe standing section at the proposed Moore Park stadium.

• mack locked this topic