Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mack

Sydney FC: Season 2017/18

Recommended Posts

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

5 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Well it looks like being a bit of a 'Retro' game anyway !!

 

4 hours ago, Erebus said:

I think it becomes official on July 1

 

Just saw another ad for the match with the new logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holosko gone...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL Liverpool changed their travel to spend a night in Thailand. They now arrive the morning of the game, and looks like they will not be available to the public.

But people in NSW tourism still want to claim it's a world class event.

These games are a farce. They're just end of season trips with a shop attached.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/liverpool-fc-delay-flight-to-sydney-to-spend-night-in-thailand-20170523-gwazvl.html

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they'll be around after the game tomorrow or if they'll just jet off again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So anybody going to watch it?

going to cringeworthy with commentary banging on about the unique atmosphere of that dirge they sing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2017 at 4:06 PM, Paul01 said:

Holosko gone...............

"Rumours have linked Holosko with Brisbane, though for now he has already returned to Europe and is understood to be mulling over offers from clubs based in Turkey, where he spent seven years playing for Besiktas. [...] The departure of both Holosko and MLS-bound Bernie Ibini has left a void on the right wing that Arnold will undoubtedly look to fill in the off-season. The coach has flagged two or three new signings ahead of Sydney's A-League title defence and Asian Champions League campaign and will now have an extra visa slot to play with."

In other words: the Smurfs will be quite static as far as their quality on the pitch is concerned. It is to be seen if that is a good or a bad thing for them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FCB said:

"Rumours have linked Holosko with Brisbane, though for now he has already returned to Europe and is understood to be mulling over offers from clubs based in Turkey, where he spent seven years playing for Besiktas. [...] The departure of both Holosko and MLS-bound Bernie Ibini has left a void on the right wing that Arnold will undoubtedly look to fill in the off-season. The coach has flagged two or three new signings ahead of Sydney's A-League title defence and Asian Champions League campaign and will now have an extra visa slot to play with."

In other words: the Smurfs will be quite static as far as their quality on the pitch is concerned. It is to be seen if that is a good or a bad thing for them. 

 

Like any team, if they stand still they'll be overtaken. With those losses I think they are already weaker as a squad and they'll have ACL next season as well. Their squad last season was probably strong enough to have coped with the ACL as well as win the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends who he adds. They're pretty stable for a Premiership winner. Add a couple of decent players and they'll be good again. It's rare for a team to stay up top beyond 2 seasons, and almost never beyond 3. So they've got their work cut out for them, but I think they'll go ok.

 

Just switched over and saw You'll Never Walk Alone. Is it just me or do other people actually lose respect for teams like Liverpool from these nights? It's meant to be to build their brand, and so I just lose respect for them as a sporting club.

GOAL. Yes, get in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shite without Ninkovic.

blackwood useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, xxBrandonxx said:

******* embarrassing for the A-League.

Sydney look like the team that just came off a 24 hour flight. Getting dicked by  Liverpool has beens. 

Yep. Very bad look for the A-league. We don't need this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Yep. Very bad look for the A-league. We don't need this.

The whole thing is bad for the a league

sydney are the Washington generals to the Harlem globetrotters

There was a Mexican wave FFs

all this thing does is sell a few Liverpool shirts to people who will never go to an a A-League game 

we take the piss out of the afl game in China this is just as bad and we are doing it in our own city

did any of that make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how do you think Brillante and O'Neill did?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

The whole thing is bad for the a league

sydney are the Washington generals to the Harlem globetrotters

There was a Mexican wave FFs

all this thing does is sell a few Liverpool shirts to people who will never go to an a A-League game 

we take the piss out of the afl game in China this is just as bad and we are doing it in our own city

did any of that make sense?

Chinese people have NFI what AFL is

At least Liverpool can come here and sell out a football game without having to put a guide to how the game works in the pre-match guide

Also Liverpool is being hosted in one of the biggest stadiums in the country, not some 10,000 capacity stadium out at Woop Woop, China

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Chinese people have NFI what AFL is

At least Liverpool can come here and sell out a football game without having to put a guide to how the game works in the pre-match guide

Also Liverpool is being hosted in one of the biggest stadiums in the country, not some 10,000 capacity stadium out at Woop Woop, China

Wasn't even a stadium, it was a golf driving range with temporary stands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a bit like the circus coming to town. 

When the Smurfs don't kick ankles in midfield they look helpless.

Brillante and Zullo where made to look like school boys at times. 

Carney had a good game. He can actually play football, not just moon a crowd.

Cove was impressive. Was it them who kicked off the wave? Not sure why Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi didn't get a run. 

Did Arnie swap any garments with Klopp? So he can put it next to Mou's Chelsea jacket? 

And then there were the commentators....

i trust the Arsenal road show in July will be a more dignified event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Wasn't even a stadium, it was a golf driving range with temporary stands.

I don't need disagree 

 

game last night is good in that it shows how popular football is 

Was it any good for the a league though?

Overall it was embarrassing 

Which was my point 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that commentary by the ABC is the standard they can muster, then the whole concept is a sad joke. I haven't seen a more puerile, embarrassing display - and I've seen Sam Newman at his worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate of mine - Pom and die hard LFC sat near the Cove, and he said there was alot of banter with the cove about their one chant, but he remarked they went quiet after the 2nd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Vukovic in advanced talks with Genk.

Imagine the smurfs with Redmayne as Keeper

We need bigger like button for this one!

They can have their turn of closing your eyes at every corner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They be getting $1mill for him so it's a no brainer and will find a decent replacement I bet and may put the money towards a shot at Totti. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...