Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

Be honest, you know that he won't be taking any less than marquee wages.

Yep. We also don't know the make up of the cap for next season. I think some clubs are waiting on that hence we haven't really re-signed anyone for next season (other than the youth and the Yeboah/Duke deals)

35 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

I heard Western United not Western Sydney have picked up Brattan and Mileusnic.

Neither of them inspire me.

Tell ya who has dropped off the radar though, Nathan Burns - can we get him on the cheap and see if the old Burns is hiding inside ?

Unfortunately for Nathan it seems injuries have taken their toll on him, I think I saw Rudan making a comment that he's currently got injury problems in two different areas.

1 hour ago, hawks2767 said:

I heard Western United not Western Sydney have picked up Brattan and Mileusnic.

Neither of them inspire me.

Tell ya who has dropped off the radar though, Nathan Burns - can we get him on the cheap and see if the old Burns is hiding inside ?

We’d be better off with Jacob Burns

Appears @FCB was right about Brattan. My buddy heard Western and assumed WSW.

Schenkeveld, however, did not return to Melbourne with the team after the game. The assumption is he's meeting with a team in or near Sydney. Based on his performance I'd take him under the cap. It would allow for some big moves up front or at CDM. Schenk and a fit Patty would be more than enough, with Tass coming up behind and Hammill/Elrich for when we run out of traffic cones to replace Tass.

10 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Appears @FCB was right about Brattan. My buddy heard Western and assumed WSW. WU sounds more likely

Schenkeveld, however, did not return to Melbourne with the team after the game. The assumption is he's meeting with a team in or near Sydney. Based on his performance I'd take him under the cap. It would allow for some big moves up front or at CDM. Schenk and a fit Patty would be more than enough, with Tass coming up behind and Hammill/Elrich for when we run out of traffic cones to replace Tass.

Wont be too disappointed if we don't get Brattan, whereas am excited at the prospect of the Schenkster joining us.  He is a beast!

3 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Wont be too disappointed if we don't get Brattan, whereas am excited at the prospect of the Schenkster joining us.  He is a beast!

He looked pretty ordinary on Sat and he needs to get himself a proper pair of shorts, he's been watching too much AFL.

Edited by Ossified
3 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Agree on both points. SFC has been linked with Bart for a few weeks quietly (or not so much). All 4 teams in or near Sydney would want him with Newcastle not being about to fit him in due to the high wages of Nigel and Nikolai.

17 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Appears @FCB was right about Brattan. My buddy heard Western and assumed WSW. WU sounds more likely

Well I can't see him going to CCM. So it would have to be us, sfc or newy. Happy to be proved wrong but I'd say it would be with the anti-vaxers.

Barbarouses as a Marquee??? The lad has never been signed as a marquee and now at the age of 29 were going to be the ones flog of a valuable slot? Under the cap or nothing. And only for a wing spot for mine. 

Im very cautious of keeping ABJ and Riera. Riera finding the right attitude at the end of his deal is dangerous. ABJ only ever adding value from the bench in open, zero pressure situations. If 1 or both are re-signed it must be under the cap.

IMO. Offer ABJ a reduced "prove your self" 1 year deal under the cap again. Offer Riera 300-400k under the cap. Otherwise see ya, he wont even get that in spain. If we keep one great. If not move on.

49 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

I read in a report that in the greater Sydney region the highest rate of non vaccination of children and documented cases of preventable diseases occurs in the eastern suburbs. Part of the report talked about socioeconomic perceptions, in that those from a what might be considered affluent areas believed there was little need to vaccinate as peventable diseases are confined to less affluent areas in the west and south west. Basically, rich people believe that only poor people get whooping cough, diphtheria, etc. Sad.

2 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

I read in a report that in the greater Sydney region the highest rate of non vaccination of children and documented cases of preventable diseases occurs in the eastern suburbs. Part of the report talked about socioeconomic perceptions, in that those from a what might be considered affluent areas believed there was little need to vaccinate as peventable diseases are confined to less affluent areas in the west and south west. Basically, rich people believe that only poor people get whooping cough, diphtheria, etc. Sad.

Part of the issue is the "educated mummy" persona. They spend too much time reading Dr Oz articles instead of peer-reviewed medical journals (that they wouldn't understand anyway) and come to the conclusion that a) vaccines cause autism and b) they can stave off global plagues with some turmeric and goat urine.

Im actually a little disappointed about the Brattan thing. He's a solid option at CDM and would have allowed us to spend big at CB and in the front 4

13 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

I assume we've seen the last of Riso?  Surely he would have been in the running for RB last week if not already written off and sent to purgatory??

Yep. He'll be sitting back waiting for whoever is running things at Western Generics for the yell to come down to Tarneit.

Waste of two seasons and will be yet another ex-Socceroo for the rest of his career.