2019/2020 Season draw and fixtures.

5 hours ago, btron3000 said:

If they do that then you can't give an ACL spot to the Premiers, and the 3rd spot can't be decided by where you finish.

Also, regardless of rules, 22 rounds is ridiculous. We already have the longest off-season in history.

They need to get it to 14 teams as soon as they can. 2 rounds of 13 games.

We get around it by including the one FFA cup game. Along with the regular season, that satisfies Asia

6 hours ago, btron3000 said:

If they do that then you can't give an ACL spot to the Premiers, and the 3rd spot can't be decided by where you finish.

Also, regardless of rules, 22 rounds is ridiculous. We already have the longest off-season in history.

They need to get it to 14 teams as soon as they can. 2 rounds of 13 games.

22 rounds?

There are 29 rounds and 3 byes making a total of 26.

Add minimum 1 game of FFA per side minimum

Add 0-3 games for the finals

That makes more than the required 27 rounds

So the transition to a proper home/away season would only start when the ALeague reaches 14 teams

In the interim, there was an article speculating that the FFA and the clubs don't want a 30+ ALeague season

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league-chiefs-grappling-with-format-changes

So when Macarthur enters the competition, I'm guessing that each club will still play 26 rounds

That would involve playing four opponents three times and seven opponents twice

Deciding who each club plays three times may be similar to how the AFL decides "double ups"

1 x "Rival"

1 x opponent from 1st to 4th prior season

1 x opponent from 5th to 8th prior season

1 x opponent from 9th to 12th prior season

On 08/08/2019 at 2:12 PM, Edinburgh said:

CCM away 2 February is at 4 pm. Just as well it's in the cooler months, with shade!!!!

Earlier games work well for me, allows me to bring the little one. Issue, do I tell my other half about how hot it’s going to be? :lol:

On 08/08/2019 at 1:33 PM, Edinburgh said:

Maybe we can get seats next to Rory!

I’m hoping after the **** this guy has gone through both at the game then in the media, if it were to happen again & Wanderers fans were present that we’d make sure that they the police & security didn’t have things so easy.

On 09/08/2019 at 2:54 PM, pseudonym said:

So the transition to a proper home/away season would only start when the ALeague reaches 14 teams

In the interim, there was an article speculating that the FFA and the clubs don't want a 30+ ALeague season

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league-chiefs-grappling-with-format-changes

So when Macarthur enters the competition, I'm guessing that each club will still play 26 rounds

That would involve playing four opponents three times and seven opponents twice

Deciding who each club plays three times may be similar to how the AFL decides "double ups"

1 x "Rival"

1 x opponent from 1st to 4th prior season

1 x opponent from 5th to 8th prior season

1 x opponent from 9th to 12th prior season

Tanking is back on the menu

I'd go for 18 by 2026. Canberra, Wollongong, Team 11 and Tasmania, and then open up bids for second teams in Brisbane and Adelaide.

Second Division would include all the ex-NSL clubs and can open the door to additional new teams in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.

Assuming the 2nd tier starts in the next 2 years, and it doesn't implode with the FFA running it, I would pencil in P/R for the 28/29 or 29/30 seasons.

On 16/08/2019 at 1:04 PM, Edinburgh said:

Flights and accommodation sorted for Victory away round 2 and WU away round 5.

Heading down for the Victory also with 3 mates, my 1st interstate game since the GF in Brisbane . Do you get tickets from ticketek and search for wanderers fans or can you get through the club? Cheers.

40 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Heading down for the Victory also with 3 mates, my 1st interstate game since the GF in Brisbane . Do you get tickets from ticketek and search for wanderers fans or can you get through the club? Cheers.

Yes, they’ll post a link through the FFA site once time, date & venue confirmed. When buying tickets, look for the away bay :good:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if posted elsewhere some kickoff changes 

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/kick-times-changed

Saturday games moved from 5.15 to 5 pm kickoff . With the abc news at 7pm I think we will be starting right on 5pm rather than 10 minutes late . 

Good first game for the ABC WSW at home in the new stadium with hopefully 25000

15 hours ago, TheSweeper said:

Not sure if posted elsewhere some kickoff changes 

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/kick-times-changed

Saturday games moved from 5.15 to 5 pm kickoff . With the abc news at 7pm I think we will be starting right on 5pm rather than 10 minutes late . 

Good first game for the ABC WSW at home in the new stadium with hopefully 25000

25,000? 

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Just purchased 4 Derby tickets for friends. Pax 10,005.

The membership number hasn't moved for over a week and it is at 13,584.

If all members turn up attendance will be just over 23,000 not including corporates (max 3000).

Based on this pax attendance is at 87% for non-corporates.

I hope the club is gouging/fleecing the smurf active b******.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic