Babbel Sackwatch Thread

Babbel Sackwatch Thread  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Babbel Out?

• Yes, sack Babbel.
    • No, keep Babbel.

24 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Roberts

What little i know of the guy, it is not his character. I have heard that he rather the shy guy not like the one you described.

I'd put it out that more likely to Majok

or has Bossi spoken to all the guys who were not re-signed.

6 minutes ago, sonar said:

Firstly the manager gets paid big $'s to deal with pressure, that's his job, secondly, Davidson is out for a start...he plays for Ulsan Hyundai and is contracted till 2021.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jason-davidson/profil/spieler/137669

Spiranovic has injury problems I believe.

there are things that clubs with desire can do like loan deals [davo]  and check on spirra and ask  and not give up halfway thru a season 

12 minutes ago, maradumber said:

there are things that clubs with desire can do like loan deals [davo]  and check on spirra and ask  and not give up halfway thru a season 

I understand where you are coming from but from where I sit it isn't going to happen as I'm not the one who hires and fires. but if you contact the club I'm sure they'll take your advice on board........:D

Edited by sonar

bossi has got infighting and the club supporters up in arms

Just now, sonar said:

I understand where you are coming from but from where I sit it isn't going to happen. but if you contact the club I'm sure they'll take your advice on board........:D

so are we just going to do nothing and just whinge and wine alot and undermine the coach and staff , players [or take a leaf out of the smurf hand book and fix the weakness in some key player positions ] then rev the wsw supporters up so they cause friction in the club when there is no need ,, we need players which is in our owners stated desire to help marcus return the club to the top, bossi is just doing his job 

1 hour ago, papersun said:

I don't think it was ABJ simply because some of the terminology used wouldn't come naturally to someone whose main language is not English.

This struck me too - definitely.

How many players left?????

It could have been any number of them. 

1 hour ago, mack said:

Former Wanderer was on brink of quitting football due to coaches

The allegations have prompted a former Wanderers player now at another club to speak up about his experience playing under de Marigny and Babbel last season, suggesting the pair demoralised players, were lacking in tactical direction and oversaw a culture that lead to widespread disillusionment within the playing ranks.

The club endured their least successful campaign last season, finishing eighth in the A-League and failing to win any other competitions. Babbel and de Marigny emerged unscathed despite the poor return but little has changed this season in terms of results, performances or operations within the club, according to club sources.

Much of that had to do with Babbel's relaxed handling of the team during the week, followed by overly harsh condemnation of the players publicly after games.

"... Babbel was saying how poor the players were, [announcing] the players' mistakes, when, tactically, none of us knew what we were doing," he said.

Players don’t respond to that anymore, even the senior players would question why he was like that," he said.

"When you speak like that, I think that hinders a lot of the progress of young players coming in. If you are a young player and have a guy barking down your neck, I don’t think that’s the right way going about it."

^^^All the stuff left in the article is what a number of us were saying last year.

It's not "smurf" anti-Wanderers propaganda - it was on show for the world to see.

Re the "demoralisation" - we saw it for ourselves, or saw evidence of it on the pitch, every game. Professional sports people or not -  public humiliation/criticism is just not the way to get the best out of anyone. If that went on in front of the cameras, why is it difficult to imagine that was happening behind the scenes?

8 minutes ago, maradumber said:

bossi has got infighting and the club supporters up in arms

so are we just going to do nothing and just whinge and wine alot and undermine the coach and staff , players [or take a leaf out of the smurf hand book and fix the weakness in some key player positions ] then rev the wsw supporters up so they cause friction in the club when there is no need ,, we need players which is in our owners stated desire to help marcus return the club to the top, bossi is just doing his job 

Mate, give the Wanderers CEO John Tsatsimis a ring. If you read through the various topics here you will discover that he is more than happy to take calls from members and discuss any problems they have and help them find a solution.. As he is the one in charge for the smooth running of the club and the one who is responsible he should be the one you make player signing wishes to.

As for this forum undermining the manager etc..........we may feel we have that power but at the end of the day it's just fans having a say on the state of things......nothing more,nothing less. Chill.

14 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

We should sign a centre back who hasn’t played football for 6 months, that will fix things 

....or sign a marquee striker and have him come off the bench after 80min......:ninja:

9 minutes ago, maradumber said:

or do nothing and waste another season ,spirra would be well rested and keen to play  davo also would help the club 

Well rested 

yes all that running round training and playing football has tired our lot out

1 hour ago, ZachMercer said:

It sounded like hamil to me.

When he announced his departure from the club on instagram he said something along the lines of "joining a team that is more in line with my beliefs." 

Which was a bit weird at the time but as more pieces of the puzzle get revealed it's starting to make sense. What doesn't make sense is leaving a very tense and uncomfortable team environment and then going to play under Rudan.

Edited by dodson

What an absolute **** show this is. If JP is calling all the shots what is Babbel even doing? If any of this is true, as far as I'm concerned JP, Babbel and JT should all be shown the door. Babbel for allowing himself to lose control to JP, JP for undermining the gaffer and JT for letting it get this far under his watch.

Edited by dodson
1 hour ago, ZachMercer said:

It sounded like hamil to me.

I agree its either Hamill or Fitzgerald. I don’t think it would be J Roberts because he never got on the pitch or on the bench for the first team and the person in the article talks about making mistakes following games.

Mistakes is something Hamill did a lot of. And Fitzgerald got dropped for some reason halfway through the season. 

It could be Majok as well, but he left for game time which he isn’t getting any of in CCM. The article references to youth players so it well could be him.

**cking hell this club is a shambles atm. Someone up top needs to sort this sh** out cause I don’t think it’s gonna resolve itself 🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, wswnick said:

Honestly, this would explain everything we've been seeing. Wtf is Babbel actually doing though if JP is running the show?

This

5 hours ago, dodson said:

When he announced his departure from the club on instagram he said something along the lines of "joining a team that is more in line with my beliefs." 

Which was a bit weird at the time but as more pieces of the puzzle get revealed it's starting to make sense. 

This...pieces of a puzzle that has had us all mystified really.

5 hours ago, dodson said:

What doesn't make sense is leaving a very tense and uncomfortable team environment and then going to play under Rudan.

But from what I've seen, both with the Nix and WU, his players love him.

The bond seems clear in their body language, and in what I've heard in some of the players' post game comments.

I know some here have reasons to dislike him, but his players seem to respect him, and play as a unified team that knows what to do on  a football pitch.

7 hours ago, sonar said:

....or sign a marquee striker and have him come off the bench after 80min......:ninja:

put in for the coaching job after you get the coach sacked that will work wonders i expect you to use your own advise and ring the ceo and ask for the job , just ask 800k same money and get your mate in too ,why didn,t i think of that , and when everyone has gone make sure you turn the lights of before you leave , haha

It makes sense doesn't it?

I mean we lack a coherent playing style. Almost one and a half seasons in and I still can't work out what sort of playing style we are trying to play.

Forget the fact we can't score (that's a problem we seem to have most seasons) the players don't seem to know what they are suppose to  be doing, where they are suppose to be and often seem to have trouble just putting their foot on the ball to build momentum. 

Edited by westofcentre
10 hours ago, papersun said:

I don't think it was ABJ simply because some of the terminology used wouldn't come naturally to someone whose main language is not English.

I thought of that. But my thinking here was that Bossi would probably rewrite quotes then have ABJ approve them. If it was a direct quote people would pick him out immediately

10 hours ago, Paul01 said:

What little i know of the guy, it is not his character. I have heard that he rather the shy guy not like the one you described.

I'd put it out that more likely to Majok

or has Bossi spoken to all the guys who were not re-signed.

Im going off what a member on this forum told me. They sat next to his family all last season and they apparently didnt have nice things to say about Babs. I've personally never spoken to him but his sister certainly isnt the shy type and apparently had plenty to say.

The fact that we can't work out which player is the most pissed off is a good indication the club isnt healthy right now

13 hours ago, wanderersfanatic said:

Post the whole article FFS!

12 hours ago, mack said:

Former Wanderer was on brink of quitting football due to coaches

A former Western Sydney Wanderers player has lifted the lid on the environment within the club, suggesting the behaviour of coach Markus Babbel and assistant Jean-Paul de Marigny nearly led to him quitting football.

Babbel's future has come under scrutiny with the Wanderers in freefall after suffering their fifth straight defeat of the season, and are battling a rift within the club allegedly centred around de Marigny.

As revealed by the Herald on Monday evening, several club sources allege de Marigny is undermining Babbel, claims strongly denied by both coaches.

The allegations have prompted a former Wanderers player now at another club to speak up about his experience playing under de Marigny and Babbel last season, suggesting the pair demoralised players, were lacking in tactical direction and oversaw a culture that lead to widespread disillusionment within the playing ranks.

Speaking to the Herald under the condition of anonymity, the player left the club at the end of the season to join a rival but not, he said, before contemplating walking away from the game due to his treatment by de Marigny.

"I was on the brink of giving the game away, that’s how bad he was," the player said.

The club endured their least successful campaign last season, finishing eighth in the A-League and failing to win any other competitions. Babbel and de Marigny emerged unscathed despite the poor return but little has changed this season in terms of results, performances or operations within the club, according to club sources.

The Wanderers declined to comment when contacted by the Herald on Tuesday. Questions have been raised by several sources over the influence of de Marigny within the squad, which the player said was also a concern last season.

"JP really was coaching the team and I have no doubt that he’s doing the same this year. The players being picked, the tactics, formation, a lot has come from JP more than Babbel," he said.

Much like this season, de Marigny ran training sessions, analysis and team meetings while Babbel took an observational approach throughout preparations.

"Babbel was just the face doing interviews and TV work," the player said. "JP was taking most of it but the boys didn’t really respect JP. Babbel would come in and give his two cents but they lost respect for him too.

Much of that had to do with Babbel's relaxed handling of the team during the week, followed by overly harsh condemnation of the players publicly after games.

"Last year, a lot of the boys were fed up with a lot of the stuff JP and Babbel were saying. Babbel was saying how poor the players were, [announcing] the players' mistakes, when, tactically, none of us knew what we were doing," he said.

The player suggested relationships between a number of squad members and de Marigny fractured significantly last season, while others felt disenchanted with Babbel due to his alleged inaction.

"It’s not that they didn’t like Babbel, they just couldn’t stand the fact that Babbel didn’t do anything about it," he said.

The experience of last season left him demoralised and close to disenchanted with professional football.

"They just kill your confidence," he said. "Last year killed my game a lot, I am still recovering ... You question whether you are good enough to be here. They don’t speak to you, they don’t tell you what to improve on, nothing. That’s just how it was."

While he has moved on with his career, he has concerns over the future of the club and his former teammates, particularly the youngsters who remain. De Marigny is renowned as a fiery character but is said to be the most abrasive and harsh when dealing with youth players.

"His style of coaching is intimidation and it is trying to get the best out of players by intimidating them and making them scared. Players don’t respond to that anymore, even the senior players would question why he was like that," he said.

"When you speak like that, I think that hinders a lot of the progress of young players coming in. If you are a young player and have a guy barking down your neck, I don’t think that’s the right way going about it."

To me that sounds like Hamill, Risdon or Shitirio having a sook

Just remember that Sotirio got dropped for the rest of the season after the CCM game where he scored

14 hours ago, wanderersfanatic said:

After reports that his assistant Jean-Paul de Marigny had sought to “white ant” him, Western Sydney coach Markus Babbel has lashed out at the “bulls**t” aimed at tearing his reign apart.
Tom Smithies, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|

Heat’s on Babbel as Wanderers’ failings laid bare
Sky Blue coup as Ninkovic rejects new boys
Angry Wanderers boss Markus Babbel has lashed out at the “snakes” behind reports that his assistant Jean-Paul de Marigny had sought to “white ant” Babbel and caused disharmony at the club.

Hours after addressing his squad over the anonymous claims, which come after five straight losses and with the club languishing outside the top six, Babbel hit out at what he dubbed “bullshit stories” and mounted a passionate defence of de Marigny’s conduct.

Reports had claimed that de Marigny was openly covetous of the head coach’s role, and had acted aggressively towards the squad’s younger players.

“Most of the time, whether it's here or Australia, if you can't get results then the snakes come out,” said Babbel.

“It's a normal situation to be criticised, and I have no problem with that. But I'm surprised it's on him (De Marigny) and not on me. I am the head coach, and if we're losing games then I'm the boss of these guys.

“If we're losing games it's normal we get criticised, and I'll live with that. But now this is a point I can't accept, it's below the belt. Now it's personal.

“I got really angry with this. I'm fine with criticism because we are not performing. It's part of the job. But a story like this has 100 per cent a lie inside, it’s just lying.

“We know how we work together, how we are privately together. I spend with him nearly as much time as I do with my wife.

“I know JP now for one-and-a-half years, and if he has a problem he comes straight to me. He's straightforward, that's why I love him.”

Babbel said that if de Marigny had behaved caustically with the club’s academy graduates, it came with his blessing.

“If I hear now that he is talking too harsh with the young players, I have a laugh because this is exactly what we want,” Babbel said. “I am not only a coach to make them technically better.

“We also want to make them mentally better because they all have dreams of going to Europe. But if you can't handle it here, how are you going to handle this in Europe? You'll have no chance.”

De Marigny himself claimed the reports had “challenged my integrity, my character, my values, the whole lot”.

“I like to think I'm consistent in the way I deliver things,” he said. “That's to try to get players to maximise their potential. Sometimes you have to be stronger, sometimes you have to cuddle them, you have to manage them.

“Is it everyone's style? Maybe not. But it's who I am, who I've been.”

Facing a pivotal game with Western United on Friday night, Babbel issued a challenge to disgruntled players to be upfront with him.

“This is the biggest disappointment,” he said. “Come to me, tell me your problem. For me it's madness that I have to sit here and defend how we work.

“We don't have the points we expected, but we have a situation that I really hate where I have to defend honest people.

“Now it got personal on a guy who is very close to me, and this is not acceptable. I got mad, and I wish I could speak to these guys telling these bullshit stories because they're just not true.”

Edited by wanderersfanatic
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic