Squad Development 2017/18

5 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Somebody posted one the other day for one of the La Liga rumours the first 1:30 was various slow mo footage of celebrations, pattting his team mates and walking round a bit. I didn't much further than that.. I'd hope somewhere in the 3 mins of highlights they actually had him scoring a goal 

slow motion of mad step overs is always good too 

the Phoenix one of Appiah is great lots of footbage of him running really fast, trying to knock it past his man, but putting the ball out for a goal kick all to we don't need another hero

can someone do a seyi adeleke one 

A Seyi Adeleke best of WSW highlights lol That would last 0.00000001 seconds.

On Mon May 22 2017 at 10:24 PM, Taurus said:

I'm sure he's still on our radar, but our primary attacking target appears to be a striker who played La Liga this season. 

Scott McDonald confirmed as NOT extending his contract with Motherwell.

http://www.sydneyolympicfc.com/news/young-gun-youlley-comes-back-to-belmore/

Sydney Olympic are excited to announce the signing of former Western Sydney Wanderers midfielder Liam Youlley.

Youlley played for Olympic in his youth career before signing with Wanderers’ and has represented Wanderers’ in the NYL, A-League and AFC Champions League as well as earning 16 caps with the Australian U-20s squad.

The 20-year-old will add a lot of talent to our midfield as we enter the second half of our National Premier Leagues campaign.

“It’s good to be back at a club that I was at in my junior ages. I’m happy to be here and playing football again,” said Youlley.

“I’ve played with quite a few players here so it’s good to be playing with them again.”

Coach, Peter Zorbas, expressed his excitement with such a quality, young signing.

“It’s fantastic for the club to be able to sign a player like Liam. We look forward to seeing him don the blue and white this weekend”

Your first chance to see the youngster in action will be at Belmore Sportsground this Sunday as we take on Bonnyrigg White Eagles in Heritage Round.

Scotty Mac wants to come to A-League: 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/mcdonald-why-i-want-a-league-move-463125

I'd take him under the cap. He has something to offer at A-League level imo. Obviously we were close to signing him but Motherwell stopped it. Now he is a free agent. Its just coming to contractual term agreement.

7 minutes ago, Erebus said:

I'd take him under the cap. He has something to offer at A-League level imo. Obviously we were close to signing him but Motherwell stopped it. Now he is a free agent. Its just coming to contractual term agreement.

I can see Popa not wanting him now.... the hard line stance.

Surely if we agreed in terms in Jan but the transfer fee was requested, we would just sign him on a free now. 

What difference is 4 months?

5 minutes ago, Stokz said:

I can see Popa not wanting him now.... the hard line stance.

Surely if we agreed in terms in Jan but the transfer fee was requested, we would just sign him on a free now. 

What difference is 4 months?

I agree - just sign him ffs!!!!

Then he can turn out against the Wenger Boys.

37 minutes ago, Erebus said:

****, this Scotty Mac saga is longer than War & Peace! He would be a good signing, I didn't mind him in his Boro days, the club was goign through quite a bit of turmoil and cut backs at that time so wasn't the easiest time to be there.

Would be a good addition, but have said that numerous time in relation to this potential signing......you just wonder with all the twists and turns if it will actually happen.

Edited by WSWBoro

Is Scott Mac really someone we want to commit to? I really don't like rating players based on age but if we sign him we will have 2 youth aged strikers, and two 35 year olds. I personally was hoping we could find ourselves someone who can stick around for 3-5 seasons. Surely there are goal scoring forwards floating around that we can look into as a longer term option

We ain't signing anyone. Forget about McDonald. Forget any clinical striker.

Penny pinching Lederer and Co will make a last minute move to secure some random flop from Europe with an ancient YouTube highlights reel or another Griffiths. 

Get faaarken

Edited by xxBrandonxx
7 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Is Scott Mac really someone we want to commit to? I really don't like rating players based on age but if we sign him we will have 2 youth aged strikers, and two 35 year olds. I personally was hoping we could find ourselves someone who can stick around for 3-5 seasons. Surely there are goal scoring forwards floating around that we can look into as a longer term option

ScoMac on the left, Santa up front - goals galore!

13 minutes ago, xxBrandonxx said:

We ain't signing anyone. Forget about McDonald. Forget any clinical striker.

Penny pinching Lederer and Co will make a last minute move to secure some random flop from Europe with an ancient YouTube highlights reel or another Griffiths. 

Get faaarken

Why are people getting their sh*t in a bunch over Griff? He was clearly a patch work fix for an unsolvable short term problem. 

Re ScottyMac on the left, again - surely there are longer term options available to us

Edited by Upthehill
2 hours ago, wswtragic said:

I agree - just sign him ffs!!!!

Then he can turn out against the Wenger Boys.

As a side question, what kind of team would realistically be in place before the Arsenal exhibition? It appears to me to be pretty crap timing.

7 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

As a side question, what kind of team would realistically be in place before the Arsenal exhibition? It appears to me to be pretty crap timing.

It is considering we are generally shyte until Christmas. 

I can't ******* wait for a round 1 derby again ffs.

22 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

As of right now I'd say our best team is:

Vedran
Risdon Aspro Cornthwaite Clisby
       Thwaite Baccus
Jumpei    Bonevacia      Sotirio
           Santalab

Subs: Hall, Baccus Junior, Hamill, Lustica, Scott

2 hours ago, mack said:

As of right now I'd say our best team is:

Vedran
Risdon Aspro Cornthwaite Clisby
       Thwaite Baccus
Jumpei    Bonevacia      Sotirio
           Santalab

Subs: Hall, Baccus Junior, Hamill, Lustica, Scott

When you look at that team it's "ok" for where we are in preseason but if we are going to do anything this season are remaining singings need to be very good.

2 foreign spots left (3 if we can boot Borda) and 2 marquee spots

15+ goal a season striker, a goal scoring winger and a Antonis replacement at the very least, probably need a playmaker too

with that it will be a big spotless wanderland welcome to a returning Jacob pepper

Edited by StringerBellend
3 hours ago, Erebus said:

Scotty Mac under the cap and you'd get a few years out of him. As an SS or winger

Still room to buy a marquee no.9

McDonald is never a winger. If you get him and play him on the wing you'd be as well just setting fire to your money.

Play him as a second striker in a 442 or as the CAM in a 4231 and he's still got a fair amount to offer. He also did quite well dropping off into the #10 role as part of a 433 in the 2nd half of the 15/16 season for us but that was largely because he was playing alongside 2 strikers who'd run into the channels and do the leg work.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic