Squad Development 2015/16 Part 2

Our number 2 transfer target Mario Gomez is signing permanently in turkey so we will have to go back to the negotiation table with our number 1 target zlatan and give him the terms he's asking for ! Anz stadium to be renamed as zlatan stadium and 50 million a season wages until he feels like retiring

Just some info on Gómez, he said he will decide after the last game this season. If he leaves Besiktas they might sign Falco. So we might still have a chance on Gomez

No chance on the Zlatan, but ****, him spending a year here would be great value! He'd get on the news every other week by just giving totally outrageous interviews.

The A league would either swell in interest or become a circus, but it'd be fun.

Is it a sustainable way to grow the game? Nah. But with our current administration there is no plan. A bit of Zlatan inspired mania would be better than the mediocrity of what Lowy, Gallop and Co.

Smurfs are trying for Fornaroli. Have offered him in excess of one million but he is under contract for another year and City have rejected their offer.

As he is under the cap and not a marquee City will need to give him a big increase on the 200k or whatever he is on or he is going to be pushing for a move for that sort of money.

Mack played his part :lol:

Seems like such a humble bloke too. We didn't want Bulut for the same reasons, won't be buy Zlatan for 100 times the price.

Edited by WHACKO

Smurfs are trying for Fornaroli. Have offered him in excess of one million but he is under contract for another year and City have rejected their offer.

As he is under the cap and not a marquee City will need to give him a big increase on the 200k or whatever he is on or he is going to be pushing for a move for that sort of money.

He's under contract for next year, and no transfer fees allowed between clubs. Regardless of how much money ESFC offer Fornaroli why would city let him go for nothing to a rival? If he's going anywhere it's overseas and City will get money for it..

He's under contract for next year, and no transfer fees allowed between clubs. Regardless of how much money ESFC offer Fornaroli why would city let him go for nothing to a rival? If he's going anywhere it's overseas and City will get money for it..
He might be under contract for another year but don't forget if City haven't got a signed deal, 6 months before the end of his contract he can start negotiating with other clubs.

City would have to be silly to let Forna go for free, so he could head to Sydney FC on a million. Forna will have to wear it another year on 200k before getting a massive pay rise in two years time.

If they did sign that weasel, I'd spew. He reminds me of Adam Sandler. Plays like him too.
He is a fantastic player when he is fit but this season he has suffered a terrible string of injury/injuries that he has seen him on the treatment bench for 80% of the season.

When Arsenal have been playing well over the last 2.5 seasons, he is generally the guy ticking things over. Have him sitting next to Dimas would be next level!

Edited by Prydzopolis

He might be under contract for another year but don't forget if City haven't got a signed deal, 6 months before the end of his contract he can start negotiating with other clubs.

City would have to be silly to let Forna go for free, so he could head to Sydney FC on a million. Forna will have to wear it another year on 200k before getting a massive pay rise in two years time.

If they did sign that weasel, I'd spew. He reminds me of Adam Sandler. Plays like him too.
He is a fantastic player when he is fit but this season he has suffered a terrible string of injury/injuries that he has seen him on the treatment bench for 80% of the season.

When Arsenal have been playing well over the last 2.5 seasons, he is generally the guy ticking things over. Have him sitting next to Dimas would be next level!

I thought there are no transfer fees between a league clubs allowed. So if fornaroli went to smurfs for mega $ non of that would go to city by way of transfer fee.

City might let him go early to overseas club as they would get $. But to let him go to esfc or any other a league club for free would be bonkers.

That's correct but I think that rule needs to change. Mariners could have sold Caceras direct to city instead of having to stuff around like they did.

Can anyone claim to know 100% the Fornaroli situation. If he signed a 2 year deal what are other A-league team wasting their time for? No way City are going to let him leave especially when he must be on a pittance of what he can command now.

It sounds more like to me that this deal is 1 plus 1 situation. Where it was one year with option of a second. Clearly it would seem if the case he's not entertaining coming back.

If they pay Mooy 1.3 million than Fornaroli asking for double is a tad greedy but I guess he could make than now in Asia - only needs one club to want to pay him.

I thought there are no transfer fees between a league clubs allowed. So if fornaroli went to smurfs for mega $ non of that would go to city by way of transfer fee.

City might let him go early to overseas club as they would get $. But to let him go to esfc or any other a league club for free would be bonkers.

What I'm saying is a "possibility" is that City could "mutually terminate" Forna's contract but this would be most unlikely.

That's correct but I think that rule needs to change. Mariners could have sold Caceras direct to city instead of having to stuff around like they did.

Can anyone claim to know 100% the Fornaroli situation. If he signed a 2 year deal what are other A-league team wasting their time for? No way City are going to let him leave especially when he must be on a pittance of what he can command now.

I'm sure the FFA will close up the loop hole.

Forna will be clever, he won't be racing in to sign a contract but I can guarantee you that wherever he goes, he will be on a lot of money!

Edited by Prydzopolis

El Tuna apparently wants $1.2m net. NET! City won't pay it.

As the doctor said moments after I was born - this is going to get ugly!

They won't pay it? Seriously? A team with unlimited resources says no to a goal scoring machine, **** they are stupid!!

I can understand why they'd say no so early in negotiations (first season in his career where he has been very very successful & many one hit wonders out there) but I can guarantee you that if he has a good start to next season, they'll be grovelling up to him with a blank cheque. Can guarantee they'll wrap up a deal by 31 December 2016.

Despite his spectacular season, it's 1 season. There may have been a multitude of reasons for his lack of goals prior to City, but the fact is he has never banged them in consistently.

He's already signed for next year. And now he wants his wage increased from >$200k to $2.4m a year based on 1 season?

https://proxy.bigfooty.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.justcommodores.com.au%2Fattachments%2Fvb-vk-holden-commodore-1978-1985%2F127062d1318239844-nice-original-vk-tell-him-hes-dreamin.jpg&hash=c43e0c78cb7a70199925e269ffd85c7c

Edited by Alexander

Despite his spectacular season, it's 1 season. There may have been a multitude of reasons for his lack of goals prior to City, but the fact is he has never banged them in consistently.

Going from $>200k to $2.4m a season based on 1 season?

Whoops, didn't read the key words "net"

Still there is very little to suggest that this season was a fluke, he has shown a fantastic set of skills & isn't just a one trick pony. I get your point, he has only played one season so how can you justify a $2.4m price tag?

Personally I think he should be set a base salary of $1m with a bonus of $50k per goal. If he scores another 20 goals, he doubles his salary. Should be a rolling one year contract where both parties have the option of calling it quits if it doesn't work. Set it the salary too high or too long & then I just feel that there isn't enough pressure on the player to repeat this season.

$2m might seem like a lot of money but I think finding goal scorers who score 20 goals are year & are happy to play at the A League level are a rare commodity. If there is any young talent in the aleague that can score 10 goals (let alone 20), the dollar signs & the European football calls out to them. Not every foreigner who comes here is successful & it often takes a rare combination of talent, ability, mentality, mindset & personality to get the best out of yourself in Australia. For all the stand out players who can name 4-5x many who have been average or mediocre at best.

Not saying I wouldn't pay it. Just suggesting with the money he's asking & the City Group's magnificent scouting system, I just don't see them paying him the $2.4m flat fee.

The City Group have learnt from their early mistakes (eg Robinho), they're not getting put over a barrel. They'll back their scouting system

That's a ridiculous amount of money for a bloke who's had 1 good season in his whole career.

Huge money brings huge expectations and huge expectations bring huge pressure. Pressure either makes or breaks a player. For all his wonder goals, his record in big games wasn't exactly brilliant.

Guest redwhiteblack

Overhead kick in a semi final.

Screamers from outside the box against us.

Heck even his goal of the season came in a Melbourne derby.

The only big game he didn't score in was the grand final.