Police/Security Issues & Restrictions

Have a look at the comments in the Terrorgraph if you want a laugh. Wanderers fans disguised as Bulldogs fans, Wanderers fans infiltrating NRL games to cause trouble, Wanderers fans setting a bad precedent. It's full-on tin hat territory. FMD, this country.

I try to avoid the Terrorgraph and News Ltd if I can help it. They are no friends of football.

Have a look at the comments in the Terrorgraph if you want a laugh. Wanderers fans disguised as Bulldogs fans, Wanderers fans infiltrating NRL games to cause trouble, Wanderers fans setting a bad precedent. It's full-on tin hat territory. FMD, this country.

I try to avoid the Terrorgraph and News Ltd if I can help it. They are no friends of football.

Yeah, likewise. Just thought I'd see if there was a single mention of it in the media. 

Disguised as Penrith fans last week as well?

That, and it's generally a **** paper

i was going to joke along the lines of 'how long until they say its wanderers fans',   ******* alternative truthers

What a **** brawl those nrl fans are a disgrace talk about handbags

What about that guy in the blue shirt pretending to get held back if your gunna get in there don't be a pussy

Hardly newsworthy

No time for bashing nrl and their loving media it's a fruitless excercise

It is what it is

Edited by GunnerWanderer

What a **** brawl those nrl fans are a disgrace talk about handbags

What about that guy in the blue shirt pretending to get held back if your gunna get in there don't be a pussy

Hardly newsworthy

No time for bashing nrl and their loving media it's a fruitless excercise

It is what it is

Haha that's because it's scg members - eastern Sydney teenagers trying to be hard

At $150 a jersey it must be an expensive habit to keep dressing up as another team's fans every week.

• 2 weeks later...

Some power tripping secco **** was going around bay 219 (one of the RBB bays) and checking peoples memberships and kicking them out. My friend was also told explicitly by the same guy that he is only allowed to sit in bay 219...even though there was plenty of space in the active section.

Also the constant presence of the cops behind the RBB bays.

Getting tired of this rubbish.

So a mate of mine was in the members section of Allianz for tonight's nrl game. Massive brawl 10 on 5 punching on for a good 5 mins, security nowhere to be seen, blood everywhere and a broken arm.

Let's see if this makes the news...

Larrakins having fun?
Nah, just having a larf

At $150 a jersey it must be an expensive habit to keep dressing up as another team's fans every week.
Us Wanderers fans seem to be getting around a lot, funny how we seem to be the problem.

When it is league, it is something else or someone else to blame. When it is football, it is a cultural problem and something wrong within our sport. Did someone think to think that it stems to something much deeper than that? No, that doesn't make headlines than football violence or hooligan blah blah blah

Some power tripping secco ***** was going around bay 219 (one of the RBB bays) and checking peoples memberships and kicking them out. My friend was also told explicitly by the same guy that he is only allowed to sit in bay 219...even though there was plenty of space in the active section.

Its a friggen joke they way they stand at the top of every aisle and check your ticket multiple times. Then there's 10 of them in front of the bays, up and down the aisles, all over the place.

Such a high risk match on a Sunday night v Nix ffs.

The club needs to sort this crap out. I pointed it out multiple times in the members survey.

The bays are half empty and they refuse entry into it. Its a joke. It just creates animosity for no reason at all other than whomever is in charge has nfi and no grounds to justify this over the top security and policing.

In the aisle next to me there were two seccos...one of them was just 'patrolling' up and down the entire time while the other just stood there with this amazed look on his face lmao. What are they even doing? Where do I apply for their job? Looks easy as piss and it's basically a free pass to watch a game!

Well the guy manning the front of the RBB entrance outside (before you get to the fence maze) asked me if I was a member...

No $hit. Why else would I be walking with purpose to this entrance?

Maybe because we weren't wearing any merch?

Every week its different seccos in all the different areas. You can't even get to know any of them and they can't get used to seeing the same faces. Its like starting from scratch every week.

Some power tripping secco ***** was going around bay 219 (one of the RBB bays) and checking peoples memberships and kicking them out. My friend was also told explicitly by the same guy that he is only allowed to sit in bay 219...even though there was plenty of space in the active section.

During the Adelaide game a few weeks ago, my mate and I walked around the ground (love being able to do that at Spotless BTW). There were about 4/5 groups of police around, maybe 10-12 in each. So, in excess of 50+ police for a crowd of less than 10,000. Wonder what the ratio is for the NRL, AFL or Cricket?

During the Adelaide game a few weeks ago, my mate and I walked around the ground (love being able to do that at Spotless BTW). There were about 4/5 groups of police around, maybe 10-12 in each. So, in excess of 50+ police for a crowd of less than 10,000. Wonder what the ratio is for the NRL, AFL or Cricket?

I noticed that on Sunday......also looked like they were giving WST some 'attention' too.....I guess anyone in a black shirt looks threatening !!

Went through the standard member entry gate with my wife and kids and some security guy pulled me up, he made me empty my pockets onto the table and scanned me - twice cause it went of as I still had my keys in my jacket.....Thought I was in the RBB entry for a minute.. :-)

First time I've had that experience going to a game... WTF is that about..???

I noticed that on Sunday......also looked like they were giving WST some 'attention' too.....I guess anyone in a black shirt looks threatening !!

Or... anyone that is one of the following:

• enjoying themselves
  • looks foreign
  • has WSW gear
  • has a flag
  • has a megaphone
  • cheers loudly
  • chants
  • doesn't fit the standard issue 'NSW Police idea of an NRL or AFL fan'

Post game, some radelaide fans came over and were chatting next to the WST bay, no issue whatsoever and they got a talking to from the police there and were made to move on, later I read online a comment from an away fan who said police told them not to stay there, in case they get stabbed. WTF?

Went through the standard member entry gate with my wife and kids and some security guy pulled me up, he made me empty my pockets onto the table and scanned me - twice cause it went of as I still had my keys in my jacket.....Thought I was in the RBB entry for a minute.. :-)

Wait for Friday night as only one entrance to be open, so expect the family friendly welcome.

Wait for Friday night as only one entrance to be open, so expect the family friendly welcome.

Pretty routine, you're lucky it's only been once for you.

Considering the multitude of incidents at ours games, security should be tightened.

[/sarcasm]

My favourite is when they start staring at the RBB during any of the "moshing" songs. Like, they're jumping around and pushing and shoving each other, looks like trouble!

This reminds me...I played a fun game the other day when we were doing...**** I can't remember which one it was, but it was a call & response to the stands above (not WDWSF)...anyway, at that point all the cops were behind us, and I accidentally managed to make eye contact with one of them...and he kept looking at me as if I'm some sort of scumbag, so I just maintained the stare while laughing and singing the songs. 

Highly recommended entertainment. 

Post game, some radelaide fans came over and were chatting next to the WST bay, no issue whatsoever and they got a talking to from the police there and were made to move on, later I read online a comment from an away fan who said police told them not to stay there, in case they get stabbed. WTF?

Obviously they don't trust their own metal detectors then!

• doesn't fit the standard issue 'NSW Police idea of an NRL or AFL fan'

Yeah we should have all in brawls every week and punch female cops in the head. Maybe then they'll leave us alone to do what we want.

Seems to allow the NRL fans some leeway. And no mention in the media at all!

• mack unpinned this topic