Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

15 minutes ago, Burztur said:

But what about that 'war chest' lol... did they blow it all on Honda?

No... they paid I think $1m to bring him here and dont know how much they have paid Sam Kerr to play in the W-League

Hi injury keeps getting updated between 2 and 4 weeks. Wouldn't surprise me if the is injuring different things and the initial diagnosis was only a few weeks. But it keeps getting extended.

Normally an injury replacement is done when you KNOW someone is out for 8 weeks.

Anyone watched games other than Australia games in the AFC?

Have any AFC players stood out?

Might the Wanderers do well in signing any of them.

Check this out ...

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/seven-a-league-transfer-targets-from-the-asian-cup-group-stage

Thoughts ??????????

37 minutes ago, WanderingToqui said:

Anyone watched games other than Australia games in the AFC?

Have any AFC players stood out?

Might the Wanderers do well in signing any of them.

Check this out ...

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/seven-a-league-transfer-targets-from-the-asian-cup-group-stage

Thoughts ??????????

Half of them are too old to take a risk with. The others, and maybe the older ones too, will be too well paid to consider the a league.

How many Asian Confederation imports are there in the A-League at the moment?  Only Honda comes to mind.  There must be a lot of potential out there besides the players SBS highlighted.  Phoenix have managed to find some good players from Oceania.

Defenders from Thailand aren't too bad especially whenever Socceroos play against them, Chanathip Songkrasin Midfielder, playmaker, short guy, best player easily from Thailand and would tear up the A-league but currently plays J-league but one we should keep an eye on.

Jordan #13 Khalil Bani Attiah only plays in a local team in Jordan but he is the kind of player Wanderers need at the moment and probably affordable I don't think Jordan has the type of money its neighbours have.

And has anyone kept an eye on Vietnam? Another team worth looking at

ABJ will slalom run through a defence and hold the ball a step too long and then get fouled, yet many blame the opposition for foul play.

He will look to play a ball into the box or forward which either goes to no one or doesn’t pay off, yet many blame a lack of quality up front. 

He’s definitely above average for the HAL but he’s made out to be a much better player than what he is as there’s always an excuse for his errors.

24 minutes ago, hughsey said:

ABJ will slalom run through a defence and hold the ball a step too long and then get fouled, yet many blame the opposition for foul play.

He will look to play a ball into the box or forward which either goes to no one or doesn’t pay off, yet many blame a lack of quality up front. 

He’s definitely above average for the HAL but he’s made out to be a much better player than what he is as there’s always an excuse for his errors.

If he gets fouled why shouldn’t we/he blame the opposition for foul play? 

Yes sometimes he plays the ball forward to no one, he makes mistakes and sometimes tries a ball that doesn’t come off, I’d rather that than playing backwards and sideways the whole time. 

he also puts the ball on a plate, only for the likes of sotirio etc to butcher it.

in short he’s the least of our problems 

In long.. he’s the least of our problems

before looking at abj 

- captain and centre back who is at best an average a league player 

- wingers/forwards  who score at about 1 in 10 games. And butcher sitters  

- a horribly out of form centre forward who to be fair thrives of crosses, but our wingers and until recently full backs can’t cross to save their lives 

- midfield that will be good on a couple of seasons but currently is too light weight and inexperienced 

- countless individual errors 

- foreign players who aren’t contributing, Llorente isn’t good enough, Ziegler is injured more often than not, Roly isn’t trusted by Babel to play in his position, Reira see above

- rest of squad is either young kids or average a league journey man

- club that can’t be bothered spending on a second marquee 

- home games that have all the atmosphere of the third days play of a Sheffield shield game heading for a draw 

fix that and maybe we then look at if abj is the problem 

Pretty much the only player who is any sort of a threat 

39 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting he is a major problem for us, I’m certainly not. I just think if he is to leave it’s no great loss imo 

Fair enough, I sort of agree

apart from the kids he is the only player I actually enjoying watching at the moment, and still think in a decent side he’d be excellent, and other than kids and the King only player I’d miss 

but like I posted somewhere else 

players come, players go. He’s got no connection to western sydney really.

If had a big season he’d be off to China Adrian stylee 

Edited by StringerBellend