Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

4 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Its only Leeds..not like we are playing a big club..a load of kids can see them off.

The day when any HAL club can approach any game against any EPL or championship side with genuine ambitions of "seeing them off" is far off - if it ever comes.

MB is "optimistic" that we'll have a "good team" next season, which means a team that can compete with the big guns for the title. Let's hope that he has reason to be optimistic. We'll know soon enough. 

We can expect to see the bulk of this S8 "good team" against Leeds. It won't be a load of kids. The game is too important for that. 

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Is that a joke? :pardon:

Yes, just like the season almost past. However, Wendy I think that the Club should give a report on the "season gone" each year (Members I believe are entitled). And show what intends to be done to correct this. Surely Members/supporters deserve this especially the 7k or so of us who turn up each game. 

1 hour ago, FCB said:

The day when any HAL club can approach any game against any EPL or championship side with genuine ambitions of "seeing them off" is far off - if it ever comes.

MB is "optimistic" that we'll have a "good team" next season, which means a team that can compete with the big guns for the title. Let's hope that he has reason to be optimistic. We'll know soon enough. 

We can expect to see the bulk of this S8 "good team" against Leeds. It won't be a load of kids. The game is too important for that. 

I know, its just that i hate Leeds. I don't know if I have said that before , or if that comes across very clearly? :D

1 hour ago, Ossified said:

Yes, just like the season almost past. However, Wendy I think that the Club should give a report on the "season gone" each year (Members I believe are entitled). And show what intends to be done to correct this. Surely Members/supporters deserve this especially the 7k or so of us who turn up each game. 

I agree ,also as club members we should have at least two general meetings a year, plus who are the new players.

44 minutes ago, Erebus said:

We aren't members. We don't own shares of the club nor do we have voting rights. The club and the board aren't answerable to us.

Don't get confused with club members vs season ticket holders which we are the latter.

It would be nice if there was an appetite for something more than season ticket holders, unfortunately there has been little to zero interest for it. Shame, I really think it would work well for us.

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

We aren't members. We don't own shares of the club nor do we have voting rights. The club and the board aren't answerable to us.

Don't get confused with club members vs season ticket holders which we are the latter.

Could you imagine a Wanderers AGM. Sharing the mic with Facebook group members demanding Zlatan. What a cluster ****.

8 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

Could you imagine a Wanderers AGM. Sharing the mic with Facebook group members demanding Zlatan. What a cluster ****.

Yes and can you imagine paying $400 per season for your season ticket and watching your glorious Team win 1 in 4 games. And can you imagine this season coming close to 30 points adrift of your bitter cross town rivals, just like last season. And can you imagine getting done by your other bottom of the table rivals who have conceded 65 goals so far...yes we did score a goal.. a penalty. Your right it's a cluster ****.  And not a peep out of our Owners or CEO.

As someone said once " I am a weapon of massive consumption, it's not my fault, it's how I'm programmed to function". 

5 hours ago, Ossified said:

Yes and can you imagine paying $400 per season for your season ticket and watching your glorious Team win 1 in 4 games. And can you imagine this season coming close to 30 points adrift of your bitter cross town rivals, just like last season. And can you imagine getting done by your other bottom of the table rivals who have conceded 65 goals so far...yes we did score a goal.. a penalty. Your right it's a cluster ****.  And not a peep out of our Owners or CEO.

As someone said once " I am a weapon of massive consumption, it's not my fault, it's how I'm programmed to function". 

Fire up Ossifed!

It's nice to see you open up here.

Shame about the cause, tho!

The club aren’t answerable to us in the sense that there isn’t a requirement forcing them to explain their ongoing failure. Maybe if they were the kind of club that chose to act that way and have some sort of accountability we’d be more successful.

If you don’t set quantifiable targets and then measure performance against those targets then where’s the motivation or accountability? They just make vague statements of being a “big club” yet the current ownership have won zero trophies and have an average league finishing position of 6.4 out of 10 since taking over. So far the only person to lose their job over this appears to be Gombau.

7 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Daniel Sturridge struggles to play in the cold on a carpet of a pitch week in week out.

If he plays on a post concert Suncorp pitch on a 35 deg plus day, he may lose a limb 😂

Don't worry God will protect him, and maybe he could compare notes with Mr Folau.

Birighitti might be moving to Western United.

edit - The commentary may have actually been talking about the young keeper who was making his debut according to some people on twitter, it just had Birighitti on the screen at the time.