Tomi Juric

mack

I just responded...

Dear Tomi,

Please personally thank Adam Waterson for managing your condition PERFECTLY to get you out of playing in this bullshit FFA event due to a "thigh injury" and getting you miraculously fit again for Guangzhou at home.

Also, next time, please email me from your other account so I don't have to dig through my spam filter to find your words of wisdom.

Sincerely and with the greatest love and respect,

@TehSmileyBandit

"thigh strain" haha...oops can't play All Stars...hmm might be right for a cameo at the FFA Cup game.

Will be right for the ACL game :)

Supposedly the A-League contracts include some kind of 'no-compete' clause if a player withdraws from All Stars due to 'injury'.

Still, I'd rather him not play at all than risk injury for the Del Piero wankfest.

I don't like this. If wanderers medical staff had passed him fit then ok, whatever, but who are the All Stars meds??

For what the game does for 'real' football and those committed to its growth in this country their medical staff are probably this guy:

Dr+Philip+Nitschke+Gives+Workshop+Assist

http://www.sportal.com.au/football/a-league/western-sydney-wanderers-tomi-juric-set-for-august-blitz/1rnk3xomcz681g1umgppfm9r7

Tomi Juric says he is hungry to help bring down Juventus to kick-start a huge month for him with the Foxtel A-League All Stars and club side Western Sydney Wanderers FC.

MORE: Alessandro Del Piero: Not my last match

The striker will realize one of his childhood dreams on Sunday when he takes the field against the Italian champions at ANZ Stadium.

A fan of the Bianconeri ever since his “idol†Zlatan Ibrahimovic played there, Juric will now go head-to-head against the famous club and its cavalcade of stars.

It’s the first big game in what is a massive few weeks for the 23-year-old, with the Wanderers also involved in the Westfield FFA Cup against Adelaide City and an ACL quarter-final tie with Guangzhou Evergrande.

Despite fears a thigh injury could shatter those plans, Juric insists he is ready to fight on all fronts in his ‘Super August’.

“My fitness is up from last year a lot and I’m feeling good. This (thigh injury) was just a little tiny setback and the media’s blown it up a little bit,†Juric told www.a-leagueallstars.com.au.

“I certainly hope I will be involved in everything. I want to go back and do an important job for my team, which is to get a good result in the FFA Cup and in the ACL.

“It’s an important month for us and myself as well, having wanting to play every single game.

“Coming up against opposition like (Juventus) is a great challenge and something I’m definitely looking forward to. You always want to play against the best players in your career so I just want to get out on the pitch.â€

Juric admits Juve’s batch of Italian international defenders including Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci will be arguably the toughest task of his young career.

But it’s not every day you can take on a team with such pedigree and one the youngster has supported for the last few years.

“It all started when Zlatan (Ibrahimovic) was playing there. He’s one of my idols I look up to,†Juric explains.

“But only for what he does on the pitch, not really for what he does off it. Ever since he played for them I followed them closely.

“He’s a different level when you think about it and put the stats together. He’s just someone who does amazing things with the ball. It’s a show pretty much.â€

He wasn't on for long but he did look sharp against Juve.

I feel we're really only one injury-free season away from losing Tomi to Europe. His goal scoring instinct is so strong. I've read he hates this comparison, but the way he plays is so reminiscent of a young Viduka, especially when his back is to the goals.

I feel we're really only one injury-free season away from losing Tomi to Europe. His goal scoring instinct is so strong. I've read he hates this comparison, but the way he plays is so reminiscent of a young Viduka, especially when his back is to the goals.

Not that I saw him in his NSL glory, but what we are experiencing with Tomi must be close to how it was for Melbourne Croatia/Knights fans when Dukes was young, growing into his future destiny of being arguably our best ever striker. If the likes of Brillante can get into Serie A, or Yeboah got a deal with Borussia Monchengladbach, then our Tomi must be on the radars of some quality European clubs.

Not that I saw him in his NSL glory, but what we are experiencing with Tomi must be close to how it was for Melbourne Croatia/Knights fans when Dukes was young, growing into his future destiny of being arguably our best ever striker. If the likes of Brillante can get into Serie A, or Yeboah got a deal with Borussia Monchengladbach, then our Tomi must be on the radars of some quality European clubs.

Viduka monstered the league when he was here though

Fair call, though Dukes was a talent few of us have seen locally from past or present players (e.g. all those Roar fans who creamed their jeans over Berisha would collapse in post-orgasmic drainage if the Viduka of Melbourne Croatia was playing for them). Tomi is no Viduka now, but of the young Australian strikers playing in the A-League has the most obvious stylistic similarity. It could also be argued that during his 2013/14  games pre-injury for us he was monstering opponents.

Fair call, though Dukes was a talent few of us have seen locally from past or present players (e.g. all those Roar fans who creamed their jeans over Berisha would collapse in post-orgasmic drainage if the Viduka of Melbourne Croatia was playing for them). Tomi is no Viduka now, but of the young Australian strikers playing in the A-League has the most obvious stylistic similarity. It could also be argued that during his 2013/14  games pre-injury for us he was monstering opponents.

There's no denying he's a prospective talent but at this age Viduka was already in Scotland going at almost a goal a game after doing the same here. If Tomi was 18 I'd be talking about Viduka comparisons but as it stands he's one of Australias best striking options for sure, but not at the level Viduka was. In terms of style, yeah he's a big forward who can hold up play and can definitely hit a ball and I can't wait to see him go 30 games without injury.

Edited by Kizza

And to be fair, I never said he was a young Viduka, just that he plays a lot like one. Tomi's clearly got a nose for goal, holds the ball up very well and will go far if he can keep himself on the paddock consistently.

He might not be Dukes (there is only one Dukes after all), but I'm sure he'll do some damage in Europe one day.