Jaushua Sotirio

mack

I'm a big fan of Jaushua, yes he doesn't have an end product & he is very hesitant to take on players but I'll always back a young western Sydney boy coming through the ranks who works his arse off every time he gets on the field!

More of that please :good:

I couldn't help but notice your standing ovation for him on Sunday :)

I also got a big fat "I told you so" from Prydz after I rubbished Sotirio during a conversation on the march :P

I still don't think he's very good player though.

You're a better judge of talent than he

• 4 months later...

i thought he had a great game last night, and looked far better than ever. Sure, lost a bit of possession, but most players had their moments, and let's face it - every mistake looks worse when you've only got Neville and Redmayne behind you.

I have very much been in the 'be patient with him and give him time to develop' camp but last night he would have given the ball away a dozen times - often in midfield areas. He was better in the second half but those sort of mistakes will cost goals.

i thought he had a great game last night, and looked far better than ever. Sure, lost a bit of possession, but most players had their moments, and let's face it - every mistake looks worse when you've only got Neville and Redmayne behind you.

Alternatively, imagine how good Redmayne would look if he wasn't trying to cover mistakes from Sotirio 10 times a game.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I must have missed this thread after last match, wow :shok:

Are you guys serious? When you compare his performance against Wellington to what he dished up last year, I'm quite happy to see this guy having taken his game up to another level. Last year I wasn't happy with him, but I was also happy to give him the opportunities to go out & improve. He isn't 18 but nor is he 30 with no room for development.

I will admit, that I'm pretty sure he gave the ball away in midfield that led to one of the goals but

He's getting better at finding spaces to receive the ball and he looks good running at defenders. It's just the end product that he gets wrong.

As above, davo is spot on

His main issue is that he dribbles with his head down & therefore he lacks vision.

Which is why I think he always holds on the ball for maybe one or two seconds longer than he needs to, obviously this is a technical fault that should have been worked out of his game at a much younger age, but nothing to say that it's something that he can eliminate from his game moving forward.

Popa loves that this guy works hard, which is the main reason I'm assuming that he has persisted with him despite his faults. As long as he keeps on improving I have no issue with keeping him apart of our squad & as long as he doesn't go stale like Kubi did, the improvement keeps happening year on year, then I can't see why we can't be an integral part to our squad.

Have faith in the young kid, much like we did with Dino in S1 whose lack of technical ability was always made up for by how hard he fought for the team & club,

Yours sincerely,

Prydz,

President of the Sotiro Appreciation Club

Hoping he can emulate this at A-League games.

I wonder what the Young Roos coach thought of his defence?

did he get past Bandiera?

I remember his goal in Newcastle last season. Had to get it past Birighitti, no mean feat last season.

• 3 weeks later...

End of his WSW career?

That length of rehab (10 weeks, so I presume he hasn't torn it, just damaged it badly) puts him out to about Round 8.. then you have to imagine he will need upwards of a month before he comes back into contention. That would put him out until the new year. He'll have 4 months to prove to Popa he's worth keeping around for yet another season.

To put it mildly, I was surprised he was given an extension for this season. Coming off a major injury I give him staying a maybe 10% chance.

End of his WSW career?

That length of rehab (10 weeks, so I presume he hasn't torn it, just damaged it badly) puts him out to about Round 8.. then you have to imagine he will need upwards of a month before he comes back into contention. That would put him out until the new year. He'll have 4 months to prove to Popa he's worth keeping around for yet another season.

To put it mildly, I was surprised he was given an extension for this season. Coming off a major injury I give him staying a maybe 10% chance.

I can see him being utilised in ACL games but not many A league games then

• 1 month later...