Vitor Saba

mack

I still dont think Saba is getting a fair shake. He is a talented ball player who is just unsuited to the way we play. We are still Losing matches and Saba is not playing. The blame for this must surely be laid on Popa and the way he recruited. You have to remember that Popa was chasing this guy for 2 years. How can you be chasing a guy for 2 years without knowing his game or what he is about. Personally I think we are a better side with Saba playing. If it means accepting his defensive liabilities then so be it. He was brought in to create and score goals.

I want to see him working his magic in the final third, we need goals and lots of them.

Every footballer wants to be the next Cristiano Ronaldo and have their own CR7 brand,

But they seem to forget one thing, Ronaldo is the best player in the world and scores goals and is probably the hardest working player at Real Madrid

You should read articles about those who see Ronaldo train. He arrives 30 minutes earlier than everyone else and trains as if he is 20 years old young kid. He is all focused on his prehab and then rehab where he refurbished part of his house so he could continue with his rehab after games or training at home. Such a committed individual that works hard on and off the field to maintain his status as being the best in the world. You don't see the issues that have surrounded Saba being brought up around Ronaldo.

spot on....no secret as to why the best of the best - those in the top 1% of their profession (and no not outlaw bikies) get to be who they are and where they bloody are through not just having talent...but continually working hard and striving to be better...they are the ones who turn up first and are last to leave ...THE ONES WHO ARE DISCIPLINED BEYOND BELIEF...

this brazilian backpacker....sorry for those who are in love with him and his occasional flashes just doesn't cut it with me...yeah he has talent..but we all do....if he was the real deal i have said this in numerous previous posts you would not go from playing Serie B in Italy at 23 to playing in the A league for 'NO REASON WHATSOEVER'.....

for those saying he didn't get a chance blah blah well i reckon he did....its obvious he is not cut of the fabric that fits and suits for this club of ours - and one led by 'popa'....to me he is too immature and lacks discipline.....he has underestimated the strength of the A league - and what it takes to play for our great club....a team whose success has been built around buying into poppas philosophy from day 1 of training prior to the first season.... 

if he spent as much time focused into making this situation work out as he did on his image and social media profiles then things may turn around for him

TIME TO CUT OUR LOSSES...DO WHATS BEST FOR HIM AND THE CLUB MORE IMPORTANTLY...

Guest mickisnot

Every footballer wants to be the next Cristiano Ronaldo and have their own CR7 brand,

But they seem to forget one thing, Ronaldo is the best player in the world and scores goals and is probably the hardest working player at Real Madrid

He's more interest in hats and t-shirts than boots (and possibly his football)...

and at $50 a hat and $70 a t-shirt, they'd want to be good... real good..

http://www.alle10.com/

and why he wants in with online marketing too I suggest.?

IV8nv17.jpg?2

He's more interest in hats and t-shirts than boots (and possibly his football)...

I've seen enough...**** him off...

I'm just very surprised ESFC don't want him with that kind of marketing potential.  :smurfnono:

He has been saying all the right things since he signed up, and I have no doubt that he'd like to be seen as a Wanderer. Somehow his intentions and values seem incompatible with the values and intentions of the club though. Something has to give here.

He has been saying all the right things since he signed up, and I have no doubt that he'd like to be seen as a Wanderer. Somehow his intentions and values seem incompatible with the values and intentions of the club though. Something has to give here.

It's like Luis Enrique and Lionel Messi, 

although Messi is a good enough player to throw is weight around.

It's Popovic or Saba,

We all know who is going to win in that fight

It's like Luis Enrique and Lionel Messi, 

Hey man, don't drag me into this.

I'm just very surprised ESFC don't want him with that kind of marketing potential.  :smurfnono:

Is that... Rukavytsya and Hamill as models on the website?!

Is that... Rukavytsya and Hamill as models on the website?!

Yes. He instagramed those shots when he was at the CWC. Cole is also involved on the writing side of it. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to launch the business once he got here after talking to Mr Motivation. The shirts don't look too bad to be honest, but FMD that's a lot of money for a t-shirt.

He can go into business with Bojic. A-class farkwits knobs p/l

Yeah, how dare footballers try and have some other career options/ hobbies, other than football...

I suppose it depends on where your priorities lie and how much your other activities affect what is your main source of income.

He can go into business with Bojic. A-class farkwits knobs p/l

Yeah, how dare footballers try and have some other career options/ hobbies, other than football...
I suppose it depends on where your priorities lie and how much your other activities affect what is your main source of income.

He can go into business anywhere/anytime. Just don't appear to prioritise it over football when people expect you to be a footballer. Fair play to Bojic, at least he appears committed to his football.

I dont think its unfair for footballers to have other sources of income. They will all retire in their mid to late 30s and not everyone will have a Fox commentator career lined up, so they must work on something in the meantime. Some study, some open legitimate business. There's no issues with having side businesses - Ronaldo is into some fashion I believe, Cahill has a whole clothing line to his name and so on. However, the differences between Saba and these other two blokes is that Saba hasn't really put himself into his football and in the meantime Cahill is still racking in the millions in the MLS and is the leading player for his country and Ronaldo is the most hard working bastard in the whole game on global level despite having extra work on the side. 

I have no idea why Saba is all of a sudden being targeted. Some of the accusations and rumour mongering is ridiculous. If anything the guy should be supported by us the fans. I have no idea what is happening in training or between him and popa. Neither does every other wannabe football manager on here.

For what its worth I think he has performed at a reasonable level. He just isnt suited to our team and our style of play. If anything that blame should be laid fairly and squarely at Popa. As for Saba he will not be the last Brazilian no 10 who doesnt track back and defend. That part of his game doesnt interest me in the slightest. We got him to attack and create and he hasnt even been playing. So everyone lay off the dude. His career is in limbo right now. He doesnt need the fans turning on him for being unsuited to our team. Kick a man while he is down why dont you.

Edited by Jukes01

I have no idea why Saba is all of a sudden being targeted. Some of the accusations and rumour mongering is ridiculous. If anything the guy should be supported by us the fans. I have no idea what is happening in training or between him and popa. Neither does every other wannabe football manager on here.

For what its worth I think he has performed at a reasonable level. He just isnt suited to our team and our style of play. If anything that blame should be laid fairly and squarely at Popa. As for Saba he will not be the last Brazilian no 10 who doesnt track back and defend. That part of his game doesnt interest me in the slightest. We got him to attack and create and he hasnt even been playing. So everyone lay off the dude. His career is in limbo right now. He doesnt need the fans turning on him for being unsuited to our team. Kick a man while he is down why dont you.

fair enough thats your opinion ..which your entitled to.

i regards to not knowing 'what is happening in training or between him and popa'that may be the case sometimes but don't rule out people who comment on this forum might at times actually have their finger on the pulse (and I'm not referring to me) with what actually is going on...