What Floats Your Boat 4

On 19/10/2019 at 4:04 PM, Smoggy said:

Sooooo, hows your baby ducks or chickens or whatever you were clucking over a while back doing these days ? :D

No babies at the moment :ninja:

That rooster though, If I tighten his cock ring anymore, I reckon it’s roasting time. You’ve got a few lady friends, we get it. But no one likes a bragger. So shut the **** up with your crowing already

The weekend.

Friday, with my son and the Wanderers family pre-game, game and post-game.

Saturday with 3 generations of my little family clan, including my eldest grandchild for the first time and all the adults, at The Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

Sunday, by myself, watched Hearts, after a very poor start to the season, play well and deservedly draw with Rangers.

WFMB...

Working as a casual teacher at a rather rough & ready western Sydney High School, and with little experience in general & bugger all specific insights into the kids, having a lesson where you connect with the students & get stuff done.

Had a Year 9 support class and the lads were approachable, happy to talk with me & I think they actually learned something.

3 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

WFMB...

Working as a casual teacher at a rather rough & ready western Sydney High School, and with little experience in general & bugger all specific insights into the kids, having a lesson where you connect with the students & get stuff done.

Had a Year 9 support class and the lads were approachable, happy to talk with me & I think they actually learned something.

:good: Onya Manfred!

WFMB

Working in my staffroom next door to where one of our school cleaners is working - most afternoons this happens (as it is now).

This lady sings, hums and sometimes whistles softly as she works. She is of Ethiopian background, and sings in her language. She has a beautiful voice, and sounds both happy, and far away, as she sings.

It's beautiful.

12 minutes ago, wendybr said:

:good: Onya Manfred!

WFMB

Working in my staffroom next door to where one of our school cleaners is working - most afternoons this happens (as it is now).

This lady sings, hums and sometimes whistles softly as she works. She is of Ethiopian background, and sings in her language. She has a beautiful voice, and sounds both happy, and far away, as she sings.

It's beautiful.

Thanks Wendy

When it works, it's one of the sweetest jobs out there...

So...

Last night the Mitch Dukes of Hazzard (including Jack Clisby Experience & Risdon Revolution key member @CaptainJess plus @andypk @Edinburgh @Balkanite & yours truly) scooped the pools big time at Mr Watkins trivia.

We scored...

• The Who Am I? (answer was Nero...prize, a drink voucher)
  • The heads or tails challenge (Andy with another drinks voucher)
  • The nightly comp (went all in, doubled our score and ended up with $50)
  • Got all five challenge questions for the jackpot right...that added $200 to the kitty.

And after tweeting about our success check who liked the result...

Manfred-von-Mc-Gonagall-on-Twitter-Hey-m

Once when I was the coach of the u14s school girls team, i think probably in my first or second year teaching, i don't know, somewhere around then, I two footed a kid in a muck around game at the end of the season. I was goalie, she was coming in one on one, what was I supposed to do. :unknw:

Anyway, I get up and say, "hey, I think that was probably a penalty, what do you reckon".

She's still lying on the ground and goes "I don't think this looks right".

Her shin has this huge lump growing fast.

I was like, well, that's done it. I guess it's back to the dole queue. Such a nervous wait for her dad to come up to school haha.

Moment of truth, I looked at him, he looks at me, and just goes, "ah, these things happen mate".

:woah:

Moral of the story, definitely tackle kids as if you are Muscat, you'll most likely get away with it.

On 27/10/2019 at 9:46 PM, marron said:

Once when I was the coach of the u14s school girls team, i think probably in my first or second year teaching, i don't know, somewhere around then, I two footed a kid in a muck around game at the end of the season. I was goalie, she was coming in one on one, what was I supposed to do. :unknw:

Anyway, I get up and say, "hey, I think that was probably a penalty, what do you reckon".

She's still lying on the ground and goes "I don't think this looks right".

Her shin has this huge lump growing fast.

I was like, well, that's done it. I guess it's back to the dole queue. Such a nervous wait for her dad to come up to school haha.

Moment of truth, I looked at him, he looks at me, and just goes, "ah, these things happen mate".

:woah:

Moral of the story, definitely tackle kids as if you are Muscat, you'll most likely get away with it.

BoJo

On 27/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, Unlimited said:

Anyone see the footage of Archie Thompson 2-foot Kevin Muscat tackling a 10 year old kid? It is probably better than the derby

https://m.facebook.com/322690241159996/videos/1308499352684162/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

We have all done that down the park with our kids though. We are all guilty of going in with both feet in the air, especially if your ******* son nutmegs you, little ****er.

WFMB

Saturday pre-derby

There we were...a whole horde of us at the boozer pre-game. @andypk had organised the 'Babbel Blinders' caps, then there was the appearance of so many of us that used to hit up the Bav, now in the Royal Oak. eating, drinking, talking sokkah & how well things were. Not sure but I think it was @braad who said it felt like the first derby we've had for three years...'ken oath.

We've had our ups and downs both at the game and away, in our collective Wanderers experiences and in our personal lives. Things have changed, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Thing is though, on Saturday I felt like my Red & Black family was back home, and I was lucky enough to be there in Parra again.

Thanks to all who dropped by...'twas sublime.

On 27/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, Unlimited said:

Anyone see the footage of Archie Thompson 2-foot Kevin Muscat tackling a 10 year old kid? It is probably better than the derby

https://m.facebook.com/322690241159996/videos/1308499352684162/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Tara's reaction is priceless.
Where's the ref giving Archie a red card?

10 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Haven't seen any Bobo in the teasers/ads.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/08/fat-pizza-back-in-business-for-7mate.html

Returning cast are Paul Nakad (Sleek) and Johnny Boxer (Bobo) plus Housos characters Shazza (Elle Dawe) Vanessa (Vanessa Davis) and Kev the Kiwi (Kev Taumata). Maria Venuti is understood to have agreed to a cameo as Mama.

Fenech reprises his lead role of Pauly Falzoni, former pizza delivery boy now boss, trying to rebuild the infamous Fat Pizza restaurant in the notorious suburb of Hashfield.

Struggling to get his business up and running, Pauly finds himself fighting with councils, street gangs, politicians and a new foe, the world of app driven delivery services.

With underpaid workers and a pizza chef struggling with English, Pauly’s business dreams quickly turn into a living nightmare.

Edited by sonar

The generosity of the local Penrith community. 

The Nepean Business Network was formed by a group of Penrith based businesses in 2011. I was involved with them until my retirement last year. As well as operating as intended to grow their businesses, they have run a fund raising Melbourne Cup Breakfast each year to give back to the community. A different charity benefits each year.

Over the years they have raised $10 or $20 or $30 thousand each year. Last year they raised over $40,000 (a record). 

This morning they raised $41,120 for The Children's Tumour Foundation Australia. The foundation provides assistance to the children (and their parents) suffering from and coping with neurofibromatosis (NF). 

Hats off :hi: to the members of the NBN for the time, effort and $s they put into this each year and to all the people and businesses that contributed one way or another.

• mack locked this topic