Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

we don't actually have an U12 team so I'd take the above with a pinch of salt

He would mean our u13 team. Our academy teams are usually playing kids a year younger than the nominal age due to our NPL 1st team being age limited. Iirc we have U13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20 and NPL 1st which I think is max 21 and under.

We might have SAP teams at u12 and under but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, mack said:

He would mean our u13 team. Our academy teams are usually playing kids a year younger than the nominal age due to our NPL 1st team being age limited. Iirc we have U13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20 and NPL 1st which I think is max 21 and under.

We might have SAP teams at u12 and under but I'm not sure.

I thought it might be SAP but can't find any references. He'll be too young for U13

Seeing it is the off season and we need something to speak of so I’m not caring I post this in here

So speaking of SAP in previous posts anyone hear football nsw is scrapping SAP next season - putting it back in hands of associations for the juniors 

this will be a big hit financially to the clubs. You are talking 100 odd players not forking up close to 2k each... 

Unless of course the associations just keep the same feed in place 

The probably I feel with SAP and academies is not designed to be inclusive it’s a money making exercise first football second 

Edited by GunnerWanderer
9 hours ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

I'm certain on George plus I think the new coach or board will want to clear out certain players ( sotirio/bridge) to accomodate a player of George quality, but I'm certain he out of the five rumoured players ( kamau tongyik Fitzgerald, elrich and George) will be in red and black next season. Also on Jordy bujuis I'm not certain we are that interested anymore but at one stage we were but seems we might leave the two foreign spots for new coach( llorente and bonevacia and Riera only foreign players to stay most likely with incoming of George and another foreigner we will wait and see 

Mate i love reading twitter rumours from covert agent and mr walker agent also. They are just that though, rumours.

Whilst these public accounts both have a decent track record, it is definetly not something we can be "certain" of.

Having said that, I'd love for the rumour to be true and come to fruition of course 😁😁😁

2 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Seeing it is the off season and we need something to speak of so I’m not caring I post this in here

So speaking of SAP in previous posts anyone hear football nsw is scrapping SAP next season - putting it back in hands of associations for the juniors 

this will be a big hit financially to the clubs. You are talking 100 odd players not forking up close to 2k each... 

Unless of course the associations just keep the same feed in place 

The probably I feel with SAP and academies is not designed to be inclusive it’s a money making exercise first football second 

Yes. Football NSW appear to be washing their hands of SAP but there seems very little information. The assumption is they do not want to provide administrative and cordinative support, and place this with associations. For example my son plays SAP at SOFC and this would fall under Canterbury Districts. What involvement they will have hasn't been communicated, and it may end up defaulting to individual clubs coordinating amoungst themselves in more of an academy vesus academy structure. What will be guarenteed is that the fees will still remain.

4 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Yeah agree but three of the rumoured players have signed waiting for George and spira 

elsey didn't also.

All good though 😁😁 like your passion

1 hour ago, ZachMercer said:

Yes. Football NSW appear to be washing their hands of SAP but there seems very little information. The assumption is they do not want to provide administrative and cordinative support, and place this with associations. For example my son plays SAP at SOFC and this would fall under Canterbury Districts. What involvement they will have hasn't been communicated, and it may end up defaulting to individual clubs coordinating amoungst themselves in more of an academy vesus academy structure. What will be guarenteed is that the fees will still remain.

Girls SAP is still in the hands of Football NSW.

I read the statement from Football NSW and it is SUPPOSED to reduce the costs for parents of boys enrolled in SAP

If Gombau was still coach I reckon we’d be a chance of getting Iniesta.

Will probably end up at city if he chooses Australia (big if but reckons he wants to play somewhere where his family will enjoy as well).

Edited by nick
5 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

China fell through family doesn't want to go there, USA no chance and a league there is a chance because family wants to go down under and most likely clubs to sign him are city or Wanderers I reckon there is 50/50 chance we can catch him with the Spanish connection( Riera) any way he prefers Australia than China and USA so

Why is USA no chance? It's a stronger league than Australia, closer to home too.

19 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Keisuke Honda is off contract in June and is slumming around in Mexico. We've had some success with old Japanese players :woah:

Honda seems slightly more realistic, and would be an excellent pick up. Doubt the club would stump up the required cash though.

Honda, Iniesta, Torres. I'm an optimist hoping one comes to the A-league and out of all 3 I think Honda is the best choice for our team (Let's face it because of Ono we get excited if the player is Japanese) followed by Iniesta because he is Winger and it looks like we have cover there.

15 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Honda, Iniesta, Torres. I'm an optimist hoping one comes to the A-league and out of all 3 I think Honda is the best choice for our team (Let's face it because of Ono we get excited if the player is Japanese) followed by Iniesta because he is Winger and it looks like we have cover there.

why not all 3?

for money the a league can't compete with mls/kinezo league and j-league. Iniesta only has a slim chance of goin a league due to him wanting and being a private person not wanting the media following him every where and his family as has been his case for the entire of his footballing career.

Luis Enrique stayed in Byron Bay for a while after his retirement in the mid 2000's and has good fond memories of nsw and whispered this to Iniesta as a great lifestyle.

Money vs lifestyle.

Who knows we could be ambitious and go for the double, Luis Enrique as coach and Iniesta as a marquee. :crazy:

Iniesta would be awesome but don't see him coming to us as we need a CAM before another winger, I'd say $hity will get him unless the FFA bring back the Cahill crap thingy again then a couple of other clubs like Perth or jets may have a chance.

We desperately need someone who can play cam and feed Oreo crums, then a decent cb. These two will take up a lot of our cap space. But we need a coach in soon to start shopping and if a German coach comes maybe he will bring some German players in.

The only very very outside chance of Iniesta coming here is if he has so much cash he doesn't care and truly wants the lifestyle option, and the other Spanish dudes that have been here/are here tell him it's great. 

Even if he came for a holiday, he would still be amazing. Where he normally plays for Barca is irrelevant, he has and can play centrally and in the A-league he could quite easily play the deep role. Though he would need some smart players around him who know how to find space.

But c'mon, Japan reported to be offering $25 million Euros a season! hahaha

Then there is the whole stupid Marquee fund, which they are looking at again. The idea of the FFA being involved in deciding who the player goes to is an outrage. The marquee fund is a farce. The FFA should be spending their time doing their ******* normal job, which is improving the league so that no-one needs the stupid marquee fund. 

• mack locked this topic