WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

Seems to be plenty of local talent, but we don't automatically get the best of the best which isn't ideal.

Mariners still hang around like a bad smell, even ESFC have their academy too close for our liking.

Then you have the state league clubs...

11 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Seems to be plenty of local talent, but we don't automatically get the best of the best which isn't ideal.

Mariners still hang around like a bad smell, even ESFC have their academy too close for our liking.

Then you have the state league clubs...

Well this year, none of those other clubs have a Head Coach like we do. I think Babbel will be a good draw card even though the youth aren't directly managed by him

Edited by david0312
6 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Our new boss was at Edensor Park this arvo, wearing a Stone Island jacket whilst watching the NPL2 game. 

ididliO_.jpg:large

No more coach sponsored by Joe Black.

23 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Babbel talking about 2 sessions a day. Have we always done that?

I don't believe so. I don't think Gombau did them at all because our team were too poor physically to start doing them when the season had already started (and some of our senior leadership started complaining about doing single sessions on particular days) so our team were restricted to a single session of ballwork/tactical stuff and then gym work. Don't believe Popovic used them either.

Marco Kurz has done double sessions with Adelaide, perhaps it's a German thing. It a "name is Mark" thing.

1 hour ago, mack said:

I don't believe so. I don't think Gombau did them at all because our team were too poor physically to start doing them when the season had already started (and some of our senior leadership started complaining about doing single sessions on particular days) so our team were restricted to a single session of ballwork/tactical stuff and then gym work. Don't believe Popovic used them either.

Marco Kurz has done double sessions with Adelaide, perhaps it's a German thing. It a "name is Mark" thing.

Sorry mate deleting it don’t want to argue :)

they are both gone it really isn’t relevant anymore 

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, Taurus said:

GK & NYL coaches haven't changed, they were around he club when Popa was head coach. 

No word on whether Babbel will request / employ a 2nd asst coach as yet

I hope that we upgrade our strength & conditioning guy. 

On 18/06/2018 at 3:53 PM, mack said:

because our team were too poor physically to start doing them when the season had already started

Has anyone considered that perhaps he was trying to get the players to peak a little later in the season. He wanted that elusive grand final, so perhaps another factor to consider.

Another factor to consider was that we played lots of matches preseason where players were only getting 45 minutes. In previous seasons, I don’t think we had as many weekly practice games.

Another factor to consider was that Carasco was having more & more impact on the team in terms of toning down Popas love for hardcore fitness especially without the ball? This caused lots of friction with our S+C coaches 

So many factors why the boys seemed so underdone, Popa leaving before week one means we will never know

21 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Has anyone considered that perhaps he was trying to get the players to peak a little later in the season. He wanted that elusive grand final, so perhaps another factor to consider.

Another factor to consider was that we played lots of matches preseason where players were only getting 45 minutes. In previous seasons, I don’t think we had as many weekly practice games.

Another factor to consider was that Carasco was having more & more impact on the team in terms of toning down Popas love for hardcore fitness especially without the ball? This caused lots of friction with our S+C coaches 

So many factors why the boys seemed so underdone, Popa leaving before week one means we will never know

Gombau was here since round 6 we got worse as the season went on. I can’t understand the devotion to him. 

To blame Popavic (Who for all his faults generally had us fit, organised  and disciplined) for a team that by the end of the season was a total shambles is bizarre 

Edited by StringerBellend
On 18/06/2018 at 6:09 PM, GD07 said:

Has there been any word on his other backroom staff? JP as assistant but are the rest leftover from Gombau or a new group?

All out (other than GK coach) & all change. The Gombau express terminates here

58 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

'Gombau express'?  More like puffing billy with a slow chug and two engines pushing in opposite directions.

The gombau express, It’s not about getting to your destination it’s about the process

• mack changed the title to Coach and Staff Thread: The Babbel Era
  • mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic