Second Half Collapse Costs Cup Semi-Final

51 minutes ago, wswnick said:

I also found it interesting our jersey's yesterday had our new sponsor Centuria on them but club have yet to announce it, right?

Who watches Josh Sotirios first touch go off his shin for a goal kick and thinks you know what I might invest in a unlisted commercial property fund?

Unlimited maybe?  

11 hours ago, tardotz said:

TBH I sat half way between the cove and rbb and the cove were as loud if not louder. 

Can anyone offer any insights into the health of active support at the moment?

Derbies are always a mishmash of sound on TV ( which is where I watched the game) - nothing comes out that clearly when 2 active groups are going at it together.

The RBB came to life after the on-field tensions heated up in front of them,  and fired up with the "**** off East Sydney" chant.

But it was hard to see whether the RBB has reunified or strengthened compared to the last few years?

Anyone?

9 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Derbies are always a mishmash of sound on TV ( which is where I watched the game) - nothing comes out that clearly when 2 active groups are going at it together.

The RBB came to life after the on-field tensions heated up in front of them,  and fired up with the "**** off East Sydney" chant.

But it was hard to see whether the RBB has reunified or strengthened compared to the last few years?

Anyone?

Don't know... It's my first time being back in Active since season 5, plenty of new faces, some familiar faces, RBB seems disorganised.

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Anyone?

It was a bit crap. Too many people only singing when things were good. Also, the capo had a hissy fit with someone when we went down 2 goals. Right when we needed to man up, we were silent while the capo sorted his **** out with someone. I’ve defended the RBB and capos at every turn, but this was not good sign. I think when you take on the role of capo you need to do the job, regardless. Your main role is to get everyone into it. Boris took over again and it was better.

There has definitely been something lost in the last few years. Last season I think, we were at a game in Melbourne, not a tour of duty, and people were trying to start songs when there was silence, only to be told to shut up so the capo could organise the songs. In the past, when it’s been a handful of away fans, whenever anyone has started up a song, everyone’s joined in, including whoever was capo on the day.

I’m not saying it’s an easy job, with people relying on you to fire up the crowd, and I am always hesitant to be critical, but to me if on one hand you’re going to tell people to shut up so you can organise the songs, then you can’t get involved in stupid **** that leaves everyone waiting for you.

It’s definitely a tough skill - picking the right songs at the right time etc., and having the presence to fire people up. To my mind Boris and Fabs(?) are the best (where was WST?), and the bald dude is pretty good. The rest are passable and are probably suffering growing pains like the team! Like the team, we need the experienced guys for the derby and big games!

10 minutes ago, EmMac said:

:unknw:

He’s either laughing at my semi-joke about the experienced capos for the experienced games, or the hissy fit part, or thinks my post is a load of crap and that as someone not involved I have no idea. Probably the later, but whatevs.

Also, it should be said that the ridiculous banning has decimated the active support and the job of capo is much harder now. Without guys going mental around you all the time, it’s tough.

Also also, everyone is to blame. I’m too old to get down the front and go ape-**** for 90 minutes, so I generally take my cues off the capo and core group. If it’s not working I find it tough. BUT I have been told to shut up at away games when starting a chant, so... no more trying from me, I’m in the hands of the capos.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Anyone?

Of the games I've attended this is the first time the RBB didn't sing for 90mins, they were more like the cove; stopping and starting and only getting louder when the team was doing well.  It would be terrible to be at the new stadium without a proper RBB.

Edited by wengerboy
3 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

- trying to escape the panfers car park post match was horrendous.!

I was trying to decide whether to go in the club for a beer and wait for the traffic to go or just leave immediately. Decided to leave and got stuck.

Saw two blokes walk past and go into the club, walk back out half an hour later, get into their car a little bit in front of me and get let into the queue by the people ahead.

I had regrets.

25 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

He’s either laughing at my semi-joke about the experienced capos for the experienced games, or the hissy fit part, or thinks my post is a load of crap and that as someone not involved I have no idea. Probably the later, but whatevs.

Also, it should be said that the ridiculous banning has decimated the active support and the job of capo is much harder now. Without guys going mental around you all the time, it’s tough.

Also also, everyone is to blame. I’m too old to get down the front and go ape-**** for 90 minutes, so I generally take my cues off the capo and core group. If it’s not working I find it tough. BUT I have been told to shut up at away games when starting a chant, so... no more trying from me, I’m in the hands of the capos.

I could be wrong - and I can't remember how I have got this impression (certainly not from being in the RBB) - but he might do some of the capo work these days??

It would be good if there was still communication from within the RBB, as there was once here.

But, sadly, bridges have been removed (I won't say burned)….and if not for this season, then for the return to Parra - it would be so good to see some of those connections rebuilt.

12 minutes ago, wengerboy said:

Of the games I've attended this is the first time the RBB didn't sing for 90mins, they were more like the cove; stopping and starting and only getting louder when the team was doing well.  It would be terrible to be at the new stadium without a proper RBB.

I disagree partially with this - there were a couple of lulls - caused by trying to get things going and not really having it happen, and an incident or two. And then there was a big one right at the end. But it wasn't a stopping and starting with periods where there was nothing just because of the flow of the game. And I think it was at its loudest when we were 2-0 down.

It was disjointed and pretty flat though on the whole. 

4 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

- we should be playing our games at penrith except for derbies. I freely admit that I got it wrong voting for spotless back when we were asked. massive mistake. there are negatives about playing at penrith to be sure but on balance it is streets ahead of the hell hole we are in.

Yep. This.

I could not give too shits about food or toilet queues or anything else. It was great to be watching the red and black from a proper sideline, with the players within spitting (bottle tossing) distance and feeling like I was in western sydney and not some corporate hell hole.

The club were never going to go for it because of the GA issue.

I really wish they had though. It would have made a lot of stuff so much better.

8 minutes ago, wengerboy said:

You're a good man , you saw what i saw , hmm fire ppl up , its a f..... derby , if thats not enough to fire ppl up , then f... i dont know , id rather we have 50 ppl in the rbb then 3 full bays of sh.t kents with their arms crossed and on their phones , trying to get a few likes on crapchat...... and wst were there , just to clear things up 

4 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

some thoughts.....

- we should be playing our games at penrith except for derbies. I freely admit that I got it wrong voting for spotless back when we were asked. massive mistake. there are negatives about playing at penrith to be sure but on balance it is streets ahead of the hell hole we are in.

- first half mini baccus and grozos did a great job breaking up play and preventing ball to feet to their front players - second half they were faced with much more movement and short passing stuff and struggled to cope. understandable given age, experience etc - good learning experience for both I would imagine

- nizic is trash - can't have an old school lumbering GK who isn't comfortable with ball at feet anymore - those days are gone.

- as expected the local plod still have no idea how to handle football. massive overkill in numbers and stupidly rushing in mid game to remove people. they have learnt nothing and that article during the week about 'changing approach based off low arrest numbers' is PR bullshit

- for a socceroo regular risdon is so mistake prone it is ridiculous. i find him as maddening as any player we have had and he makes me long for Neville's majestic crosses in to row Z.

- quality work by majok just running around sliding everyone in his 15 minute cameo

- on balance of play we were OK, created chances and dominated sections of the game - goals were very preventable though. coughing up possession in dangerous areas is always going to make a defence look bad but tarek got caught ball watching really badly for the first goal.

- trying to escape the panfers car park post match was horrendous.

- looking at where we are at and what other teams have done, it's hard to confidently predict who we will finish above except for perhaps wello - long season incoming

- biggest positive was catching up with mates I hadn't seen for a while

Prob Lloydy :D

Haha - we have been a disaster for 15 years - let us be excited for a bit until it all falls apart in a month's time!

Welcome back Lloydy!! :clapping:

10 minutes ago, 1988banana said:

You're a good man , you saw what i saw , hmm fire ppl up , its a f..... derby , if thats not enough to fire ppl up , then f... i dont know , id rather we have 50 ppl in the rbb then 3 full bays of sh.t kents with their arms crossed and on their phones , trying to get a few likes on crapchat...... and wst were there , just to clear things up 

Thank you!   :good:

Were WST in the active area with the RBB??

First half looked ok, but the second half was abysmal. Pissing away possession, and schoolboy errors out the back. I am fookin fed up with losing derbies, boycotting the next few if that's the dogsh1t us fans are getting served. When on earth is a derby in any other league this lopsided?

I have a very bad feeling for this season based on pre season form. The "it's only pre-season" excuse does NOT cut it. We got run over by the mariners and jets, and don't get me started on those two NPL teams. We are a bottom 4 team this season, and I'm praying that I am wrong. 

26 minutes ago, HillsPanther said:

I would like to know how so many smurfs got tickets in the wanderers supporters bays. Bays where I was were pretty much sold out during the members sale. So how did they get hold of members passwords?

Add to that we could only get 2 tickets per membership and they managed to get a whole row in the middle of wsw reserved area

I'm sure there's worse out there but

Man City didn't beat Man United for 16 games between February 1990 and April 2001.

Spurs didn't beat Chelsea for 26 matches between 1990 and 2002, or Arsenal for 21 matches between 2000 and 2008.

Hibs didn't beat Hears in 22 in the early 90s.

1 minute ago, marron said:

I'm sure there's worse out there but

Man City didn't beat Man United for 16 games between February 1990 and April 2001.

Spurs didn't beat Chelsea for 26 matches between 1990 and 2002, or Arsenal for 21 matches between 2000 and 2008.

Hibs didn't beat Hears in 22 in the early 90s.

We have definitely become the Everton in this Derby relationship, which weirdly I’m ok with