Western Sydney Wanderers vs Leeds United 20/07/2019 7:00PM

1 hour ago, Neverbloom said:

to be honest i would prefer my first experience at new parramatta stadium to be a wanderers experience not a eurosnob circus

Eurosnobs abandoned leeds about 20 years ago!

It is nowhere near a full strength leeds side. 6 or 7 first team regulars, 3 or 4 squad players and then some academy kids.

Hernandez is the pick in terms of quality even at his advanced age he has technical quality well above anything in a-league (some may remember him from back when swansea were good). Phillips at DM is a very good young player and probably the next leeds academy grad to be flogged off to a prem club (rumour mill has it leeds rejected $25 mil bid).

They play the bielsa way so wsw should expect to be pressed for 90 minutes and keep the ball when they get it.

Also boro you will notice that i am steadfastly ignoring you trying to wind me up ;)

Also should add that as many as 5K leeds fans made the trip so should be hopefully a better atmosphere than the usual pre season theatre goers.

Edited by lloydy136

Daniel Lopar  / Nicholas Suman

Tarek Elrich / Tate Russel 

Tass Mourdoukoutas / Dylan McGowan / Patrick Ziegler / Mathieu Cordier 

Daniel Georgievski / Daniel Wilmering

Pirmin Schwegler  / Keanu Baccus / Fabian Monge

Radoslaw Majewski / Kosta Grozos

Bruce Kamau / Kwame Yeboah / Mitch Duke

+ academy lads

7 minutes ago, dcrow said:

Ticketek is a joke. With Cat A constantly sending me to the south part of the stand and want the north part. Anyone having any luck getting the seats they want?

Someone else posted a couple of days ago that there was no option to choose seats.

1 hour ago, Burgerman said:

5k Leeds fans seriously? 

Parra will be rocking again :flag:tipping a draw as got no idea what to expect from our new team this early. 

5k estimate is just based off chatter on leeds forum, not sure how accurate.

Some may just be coming to the game in perth against that other team and not across to us.

Still should be a decent and pretty vocal away crowd i think.

I should also add that several of the leeds fans were very excited that we have a player named yeboah.

Edited by lloydy136

What's on the pitch will be mostly irrelevant and I for one have little interest in any result. That it will be our first game at our new stadium with safe standing and a march is all that really counts. I won't be wearing any casual kit but dressed in as much Derby black and white to remind them who put 4 passed them at Elland Road and killed their dream. The Red and Black Actives will ensure this on field circus doesn't hijack what really counts in football. 

22 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

Eurosnobs abandoned leeds about 20 years ago!

It is nowhere near a full strength leeds side. 6 or 7 first team regulars, 3 or 4 squad players and then some academy kids.

Hernandez is the pick in terms of quality even at his advanced age he has technical quality well above anything in a-league (some may remember him from back when swansea were good). Phillips at DM is a very good young player and probably the next leeds academy grad to be flogged off to a prem club (rumour mill has it leeds rejected $25 mil bid).

They play the bielsa way so wsw should expect to be pressed for 90 minutes and keep the ball when they get it.

Also boro you will notice that i am steadfastly ignoring you trying to wind me up ;)

Also should add that as many as 5K leeds fans made the trip so should be hopefully a better atmosphere than the usual pre season theatre goers.

I remember Hernandez signing for Swansea under Michael Laudrup, bloody good technical player, obviously Monk was impressed as well was he the manager who brought him to Leeds?

Anyways really looking forward to Saturday night now, march on as well brilliant :-)

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

It's only Tuesday FFS!

You'll be a picture of perfect health come Saturday!! :)

Been on a course of antibiotics since last Thusday (2 kinds!), no better :( Gonna have to go back to docs...not looking good with the history of my chest and infections so not positive here :( I have a rattling cough and coughing stuff up like a 90 year old fella lol

Blue mountains air helped at weekend mind! Answer for me is move game to Katoomba :)

Edited by Erimus
43 minutes ago, MadKaw said:

Wasn't going as my son had a game that afternoon, unfortunately he's out with a season ending injury...

So just bought family tickets - $80 for the 4 of us seems ok.....

BTW - Pax is 20180

Were there many choices for seating?

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Were there many choices for seating?

I just went with Cat D Wanderers supporters and the bays in the 2 North corners on the 2nd tier were all that came up after a few attempts - either 221 or 228.

221 was right up next to the screen so went with 228

Saying that, last week there were no Cat D available - now there is... So it may change..

Its a pity you don't get to choose, or see the actual seating locations. I used the wanderers members portal to check the actual seat location.

2 hours ago, MadKaw said:

Wasn't going as my son had a game that afternoon, unfortunately he's out with a season ending injury...

So just bought family tickets - $80 for the 4 of us seems ok.....

BTW - Pax is 20180

Is that 20,180 definitely sold? if so 20,180 in Parra waaay better than 7000 in ANZ !

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic