Sydney Derby Postponed

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

The responses on SM are hilarious and so delusional.

The conspiracy theories of SFC and FFA not wanting to play the game, darling boys of FFA,  SFC not wanting to play WSW, SFC not wanting to get wet etc.

Look outside the window. A years worth of rain in 2 days. Kogorah has hardly any cover for spectators. The crowd would not have been a sellout and the hill would have been a mud pit if they opened it.

People thinking it's so easy to change venues don't understand commercial agreements.

Would you rather they said the game was on, have everyone show up and delay the game every hour as the ball rolls 1 metre?

Those stating SFC are soft because WSW played in worse in Morocco are morons because that game should not have gone ahead and was a farce, but FIFA forced it to go ahead because they didn't want to reschedule.

Stop talking sense, that’s not what the internet is for

I know for a fact that Rhyan Grants Surry hills based stylist advised that the game shouldn’t go ahead as he couldn’t guarantee that the ironic hipster mullet wouldn’t go a bit frizzy

46 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Stop talking sense, that’s not what the internet is for

I know for a fact that Rhyan Grants Surry hills based stylist advised that the game shouldn’t go ahead as he couldn’t guarantee that the ironic hipster mullet wouldn’t go a bit frizzy

To be honest i went to my barbers for a hair wash, head massage and clip Friday. It would have been a good test for the slick back style held by the new sea salt spray with clay added that the barber hawked me....so my barnet was saved..

Agree  that in this day and age , with player safety etc the game couldn't go ahead.

But how did they get the cricket on. Have zero interest in the cricket but how long did the match go on for ?

So Baumjohann is likely to be available for the game when it's rescheduled.

Can;t understand the hate towards the guy. Was mismanaged by Babbel , but then again which player wasn't ( apart from Lopar). He wasn't retained or was given the arse by the club he has to earn a living and he was snapped up by the unmentionables.

Didn't do much in the first derby but when former players of the calibre of Sot and Appiah score against us have a feeling that our " Team Without a Midfield " will be cut to pieces by him.

JP can try and neutralize him but they have some many other quality midfilelders will be difficult in the overall scheme of things,

But i suppose JP might be a genius and get the win.

The ref wanted to call the NPL trial off after half time at Seymour Shaw last night, but, each time he kicked a ball into the puddles hoping to prove his point, the ball rolled truly & through any water lying on the surface. The players were already drenched & were happy to play on.

Sutho won the game 2 - 1, but, our youff dominated the contest in every facet, other than the slice of cheese count.  

5 hours ago, Erebus said:

The responses on SM are hilarious and so delusional.

The conspiracy theories of SFC and FFA not wanting to play the game, darling boys of FFA,  SFC not wanting to play WSW, SFC not wanting to get wet etc.

Look outside the window. A years worth of rain in 2 days. Kogorah has hardly any cover for spectators. The crowd would not have been a sellout and the hill would have been a mud pit if they opened it.

People thinking it's so easy to change venues don't understand commercial agreements.

Would you rather they said the game was on, have everyone show up and delay the game every hour as the ball rolls 1 metre?

Those stating SFC are soft because WSW played in worse in Morocco are morons because that game should not have gone ahead and was a farce, but FIFA forced it to go ahead because they didn't want to reschedule.

Totally understand where you are coming from.

But I think some share the frustrations that so many were excited for this game for a number of reasons. 

I personally was excited to go out to that sh**hole of a stadium in the pouring rain in the 1k active support section belting out chants for 90+ plus minutes.

It felt like it was going to be such a unique derby where we might have actually stood a chance at getting a result in those conditions.

I mean half the reason I bought a tickets for the game was because of the conditions.

Anyway I hope this fuels the boys up even more and lets them gel and get better before the Newcastle game.

I suspect the Derby will be played on the 29th of February or 1st of March as its our bye and Sydney play Wellington on a Thursday which can hopefully be moved. Seems like a logical decision imo.

16 hours ago, mack said:

There's like 3 open stadiums in Sydney right now that's not exactly hard to do.

edit - Apparently the stadium got a new drainage system installed very recently, but even that was at capacity yesterday and with rain all day it didn't matter.

Sorry Mack, I usually agree with most of what you say but all stadiums in Sydney are open stadiums. McDonald-Jones is an open stadium and NJ vs CCM still going ahead. 

35 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Just wondering what level of input the 'broadcasters' had in this decision? I always thought it was the referee's call.

I think it would have benefited the broadcasters if the game went ahead as more people would have stayed home to watch it on tv. 

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

Just wondering what level of input the 'broadcasters' had in this decision? I always thought it was the referee's call.

The decision to close the venue was made by council, not FFA, FOX, the local religious minister, the Kogarah Mothers' Club or any other sporting organisation.  

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Totally understand where you are coming from.

But I think some share the frustrations that so many were excited for this game for a number of reasons. 

I've never been less excited for a Derby.

Cbf, going to watch our bunch of primadonnas get owned, to be honest.

1 hour ago, Jefski said:

Sorry Mack, I usually agree with most of what you say but all stadiums in Sydney are open stadiums. McDonald-Jones is an open stadium and NJ vs CCM still going ahead. 

Obviously they didn't get as much rain, and they had an extra day for the drainage to work. It's like I tweeted before, Kogarah Council doesn't care about the A-League and would prefer to protect the pitch for the NRL season.

20 hours ago, SBW said:

Announcement could be made later today or tomorrow regarding our re-scheduled derby, looks like Feb 29 could be the date 

Doesn’t make any sense feb 29 is already a double header headline match of adel and vic at 730 

if they did move the nix game maybe we just play Friday 

hopefully they have asked the nix if any fans booked travel you should not  screw people around like that