Squad Development 2017/18

3 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

I think a pun outside the pun thread is a banning offence on WSF lol Would have to consult the small red WSF party handbook for Chairman Mack's rules on that.

Anyway, I need more Nico updates, he must have been spotted somewhere lately.......

Ask spotty

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

If so, are keeping our Visa spot open for the January transfer window or is it true we are signing another midfielder (central or attacking) before the season opens?

I've not heard anything about a new signing & can't get up the coast tonight to check out any new faces. 

16 minutes ago, essdub said:

We could do worse than signing Marcelo Carrusca as another attacking midfield option. Australian Citizen now too so wouldn't take up a visa spot. 

We have 2 spots left

One for a senior player who can be a visa player.

The other is for an u21 player who will most likely be from the NPL squad.

If we could get Nico that would be a bonus because he bought into Popa's philosophy.

Carrusca has great talent but would he buy into the Popa philosophy? 

From a squad dev perspective, heres an observation. Bulut has just moved to Menemen Belediyespor, a Turkish 3rd league team.

A mate of mine who was playing at Auburn 3 years ago has been playing in that league after playing park premier league for a few years. What has gone so wrong with our recruitment that we've seen blokes like Bulut grace our top tier???

I know it's anecdotal but this kind of disappoints me

Bulut simply lost his mojo in Greece getting splinters on the bench being played in every position his worst mistake was leaving us in the 1st place

i believe he could be the next Cahill if he moved to a lower a league team that doesn't care about finals and get his instinct back instead of offside flags it's just a confidence issue

Edited by JayZko
7 hours ago, Upthehill said:

From a squad dev perspective, heres an observation. Bulut has just moved to Menemen Belediyespor, a Turkish 3rd league team.

A mate of mine who was playing at Auburn 3 years ago has been playing in that league after playing park premier league for a few years. What has gone so wrong with our recruitment that we've seen blokes like Bulut grace our top tier???

I know it's anecdotal but this kind of disappoints me

what position does your mate play?

He's becoming like those  apparent ITK twitter accounts that know about EPL (particularly) clubs transfers but actually know jack ****. 

The Firm is a classic one.

Sad what people do for followers lol

Well I misunderstood that one , it was not midfielder it was covering the midriff , the new Jersey announcement ,:shok:

I was close you unappreciative lot  :crazy:

Next time I will tell you nothing :ninja:

PS: atleast it got the tossers off talking and comparing MLS to A league , really like who cares, take it elsewhere  :shout:

Edited by Spotty
2 hours ago, Spotty said:

Well I misunderstood that one , it was not midfielder it was covering the midriff , the new Jersey announcement ,:shok:

PS: atleast it got the tossers off talking and comparing MLS to A league , really like who cares, take it elsewhere  :shout:

The club said numerous times late last week they would announce the jersey tonight...

As far as who cares? Clearly the people talking about it, because... ya know... they were talking about it.

What are your predictions now? 0 for 2? 0 for 3?

6 hours ago, Spotty said:

How's the weather over there in Cordoba?

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic