Football Media Discussion

Bit confused about the bit above suggesting Brisbane Roar were one of the original NSL sides?

It was the Brisbane Strikers I used to watch at North Sydney Oval or Parramatta Stadium all on my ownsome it seemed most of the time lol 

The club was formed in 1957 as Hollandia-Inala, and became Brisbane Lions, before it transitioned into Queensland Roar, playing under that name from the inaugural 2005–06 season of the A-League until the 2008–09 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brisbane_Roar_FC

Yeah, but they are not one of the original NSL sides as I knew it anyway. Never heard of this Roar mob back in the NSL days.

Edited by WSWBoro

This is what I still can't get my head around. Why did the FFA bother rolling out the NCIP if they were still going to maintain the same stance with NSL clubs and their (non) involvement with the aleague?

I know that the NCIP is targeted more towards newly established clubs but it's definitely a follow on of the sterilisation of ethnic links to those original clubs.

How much longer will it be until this approach changes or is that how it's going to remain forever? It's like watching someone hold a serious grudge when the other person just wants to make up and move on.

Reality is that most current ex NSL clubs are far better prospects for expansion than any new startup concepts.

This all but hints that next season will be against ESFC at ANZ round 1.

Saturday, October 8 I reckon!

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/whats-on/2016/10/wanderers-v-sydney-fc/

IT has the potential to become one of the great football derbies of the world - the Western Sydney Wanderers hosting Sydney FC at a pulsating ANZ Stadium this October.

The Red and Black will kick off the 2016/17 A-League season in spectacular fashion by hosting the first Sydney Derby at Sydney's Olympic stadium.

The game has the chance to smash the existing A-League crowd record of 55,436. Don't miss the event that will be the talk of Sydney sport.

Edited by wanderersfanatic

Should be Round 3

Big mistake round 1. Should be round 3. And i also think that WSW v ESFC should be a fixed Boxing Day fixture. **** all else on in Sydney then but for a few shitty boats.

Yeah but half of Easts supporter base will be on those boats

Or at the in laws, or watching the Boxing Day Test, or away with their family, or hungover, etc etc

Should be Round 3

Big mistake round 1. Should be round 3. And i also think that WSW v ESFC should be a fixed Boxing Day fixture. **** all else on in Sydney then but for a few shitty boats.

Yeah but half of Easts supporter base will be on those boats

Or at the in laws, or watching the Boxing Day Test, or away with their family, or hungover, etc etc

All of which are shyte things to be doing when you could be at the football, especially the in laws, and the Boxing Day test is shyte as well unless it is England.

Thank you for reinforcing what a good idea a Boxing Day derby would be.

Edited by WSWBoro

This is what I still can't get my head around. Why did the FFA bother rolling out the NCIP if they were still going to maintain the same stance with NSL clubs and their (non) involvement with the aleague?

I know that the NCIP is targeted more towards newly established clubs but it's definitely a follow on of the sterilisation of ethnic links to those original clubs.

How much longer will it be until this approach changes or is that how it's going to remain forever? It's like watching someone hold a serious grudge when the other person just wants to make up and move on.

Reality is that most current ex NSL clubs are far better prospects for expansion than any new startup concepts.

The NCIP is a joke considering you can still have a club called Hakoah Sydney city east.

Stories coming out from the MSM that the HAL 'marquee fund' is looking to attract Et'o, Torres and Cahill. Perth apparently interested in Michael Carrick from ManUre.  Call me cynical but I wonder if the FFA is actually leaking all this stuff as they get down to talking a new TV deal with FTA stations?

FFA must feed grassroots with new TV money

Michael Cockerill   In the cut-throat world of professional sport in Australia, popularity doesn't necessarily mean profit. This is something football knows only too well. Participation has never been the game's problem. Monetising it has.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer#ixzz48bXtUi61

FFA must feed grassroots with new TV money

Michael Cockerill   In the cut-throat world of professional sport in Australia, popularity doesn't necessarily mean profit. This is something football knows only too well. Participation has never been the game's problem. Monetising it has.

I applaud this idea but are we in LaLa land right now? If any of you have been following the negotiations around the new TV deal it doesn't appear to be good news in getting an amazing deal.

By the time you take out the cut for not having the ability to on sell the rights for the Soccceroo's, the 40% increase in the salary cap of the A League (eg if new deal $55m, $55-$40=$15 where cap will increase to 40% of $15m), full time referees, the increased pay deal for the Matilda's, the marquee fund (which is going to be significant in order to attract marquees who are earning $3-6m elsewhere) & I assume that money will need to be put aside for advertising or perhaps setting up new A League franchises).

It doesn't leave much room for ideas such as this, even though it is something that desperately needs to be looked into!

FFA must feed grassroots with new TV money  Michael Cockerill   In the cut-throat world of professional sport in Australia, popularity doesn't necessarily mean profit. This is something football knows only too well. Participation has never been the game's problem. Monetising it has.

I applaud this idea but are we in LaLa land right now? If any of you have been following the negotiations around the new TV deal it doesn't appear to be good news in getting an amazing deal.

By the time you take out the cut for not having the ability to on sell the rights for the Soccceroo's, the 40% increase in the salary cap of the A League (eg if new deal $55m, $55-$40=$15 where cap will increase to 40% of $15m), full time referees, the increased pay deal for the Matilda's, the marquee fund (which is going to be significant in order to attract marquees who are earning $3-6m elsewhere) & I assume that money will need to be put aside for advertising or perhaps setting up new A League franchises).

It doesn't leave much room for ideas such as this, even though it is something that desperately needs to be looked into!

Interesting insight into the impact of big money, the need to sell 'content' and the impending collapse of the base. I agree with Prydz, the FFA lack revenue, but the lesson of not being swallowed by the TV rights cycle and creating a rot of the base is one that should be carefully understood.

https://www.change.org/p/press-council-and-acma-suspend-publication-of-news-corp-for-leading-duncan-on-suicide-watch#delivered-to

Fukktard NewsCorp at it again...Please help shut these ***** down and sign the petition... Cheers..

This guy did nothing wrong but be a typical Aussie battler, who smoked a few cones in his younger days, just like I did and any proud Westy I know was brought up. It's just BIg End of town dishing fabricated dirt on a struggling punter who has made them look bad by telling the truth... 

:nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Edit: I know it's not football related and feel free to move it to another thread or delete but this I believe is in line with the rest of the garbage that is Newscorp...Let's try and expose these fukkers for what they are  pathetic grubby bullies who prey on the vulnerable.