Football Marketing/PR Thread

6 hours ago, Carns said:

Lets hope they get the budget to actually do something of note.

6 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Wonder when FIFA send them the money?

6 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

There gonna need a significant budget. 

No worries, the prize money for winning the World Cup should cover it - might even get a little bit of free publicity! 

13 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

FFA should have Arzani picture on everything right now 

if he was a cricketer there would have been a 2 part Australian story episode on the abc by now and an interview with his parents on the project 

Overall agree, however there was a very good report on him and his parents on ABC News last week with very positive feedback on Radio National breakfast program. However, this is miniscule compared with commercial MSM and other sports in this country. 

Arzani seems like a good kid. I know he's a bit prone to falling but I heard him in an after game interview say something like, they have had to teach me about defending, which up till now I haven't had to do. I reckon Joyce is the right guy for him for another season, he seems willing to learn and understand you have to work at it.

...anyway, back to the wanderers

On 14 June 2018 at 3:29 PM, ZachMercer said:

There gonna need a significant budget. 

On 14 June 2018 at 3:07 PM, Carns said:

Lets hope they get the budget to actually do something of note.

Let's be honest, they won't have much funds at there disposal. The issue thus far at FFA is having little money has given the marketing team an excuse to do nothing. Jess has on a number of occasions shown that you have to be clever with your budget & how you use it.

On 6/15/2018 at 8:17 AM, Ossified said:

Overall agree, however there was a very good report on him and his parents on ABC News last week with very positive feedback on Radio National breakfast program. However, this is miniscule compared with commercial MSM and other sports in this country. 

You're right on both scores.

I've seen/heard a bit on him and his parents...on the ABC...but of course he hasn't enjoyed the attention someone in a more high profile sport in Australia would have enjoyed.

I hope that changes tho. :clapping:

I have noted that even non-football people who tune in to the "soccer" every 4  years seem to have noticed him. "Youngest player at the WC," etc I've heard from a few.

19 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

I absolutely love the Hyundai ads where the players send letters to past coaches: These are the type of advertising along with “made in the A-League” targeting & highlighting our local game

THey require a very high suspension of disbelief though.

Risdon writing a letter to Kenny Lowe isn't it?

That's difficult for me to imagine on a number of levels. :lol:

4 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

I absolutely love the Hyundai ads where the players send letters to past coaches: These are the type of advertising along with “made in the A-League” targeting & highlighting our local game

I agree that they are a move in the right direction in terms of ideas to sell, but for me, they have been poorly executed ads. When the ads are finished i usually think to myself, 'missed opportunity'.

Love Kenny Lowe's acting 'Oh wow *sobs*'

I agree that the execution is poor too. Anyway, whatever happens with our campaign, the FFA would be idiots not to point out that every single player that played in Russia was in the A-League relatively recently. In our first ever game alone, if I'm correct, there was Mooy, Jedinak, Ryan and Sainsbury. These players have matched it with players who play for much bigger teams, most notably the French squad who pretty much all play for your Barcas and your Madrids. 

It's genuinely a really great endorsement of the a-league, for as much as we make fun of it. It has produced some really good players.

I quite like the ad but the only people who would know what the hell is going on and who the f is Kenny lowe are already A League tragics

I doubt too many guys sitting up watching the World Cup in the Barcelona PJs under their Liverpool United doona, have said “oh look a some old block is crying and talking a incompressible accent after receiving a letter from a guy I vaguely recognise, I better set a reminder in my phone to go and watch the A League in 3 months time”

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I quite like the ad but the only people who would know what the hell is going on and who the f is Kenny lowe are already A League tragics

I doubt too many guys sitting up watching the World Cup in the Barcelona PJs under their Liverpool United doona, have said “oh look a some old block is crying and talking a incompressible accent after receiving a letter from a guy I vaguely recognise, I better set a reminder in my phone to go and watch the A League in 3 months time”

Yeah, but can I get, err, I mean, can my friend get matching his and hers Liverpool Pjs for himself and his Mrs? Apparently the doona doesn’t keep them warm enough on its own  

:D

• 4 weeks later...

World Cup just finished a 19 year old a league player was amongst our best as was Risdon, what are the FFA promoting? a retired sprinter who can’t okay football.

Brilliant, any chance the FFA might decide to have a fling with football, the group of useless bellends

On 25/06/2018 at 12:06 PM, marron said:

Only four in the squad haven't played in the a-league, i think.

Jones, Degenek, Luongo, Meredith.

Jones left before it started.

Degenek grew up in Serbia 

Luongo was rejected by the Smurfs as a youngster (great track record on youth development after releasing Arzani after 1 year as well:xnod:)

Meredith was a Melbourne boy and by some quirk, went to England ibstead of Leigh Broxham.

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

World Cup just finished a 19 year old a league player was amongst our best as was Risdon, what are the FFA promoting? a retired sprinter who can’t okay football.

Brilliant, any chance the FFA might decide to have a fling with football, the group of useless bellends

Pathetic isn't it?

I literally had this conversation with one of my mates during one of the games:

'who does that Risdon play for, he's been pretty good'

'Wanderers'

'what really??'

They're determined to prove non football people can be converted. Despite what they're being told by stakeholders, history, yield and non football people. They're adamant that if you can find a bit of fluff or tinsel big enough, one can catch and hold the attention of the general passer by.

6 hours ago, ColdRock said:

They're determined to prove non football people can be converted. Despite what they're being told by stakeholders, history, yield and non football people. They're adamant that if you can find a bit of fluff or tinsel big enough, one can catch and hold the attention of the general passer by.

You mean Gallop is determined to prove...

At least O'Rourke tries to capture the attention of football fans, not the fly-by-nighters.