Football Marketing/PR Thread

4 minutes ago, Posthoc said:

Because it isn't aimed at people like you and me, who spend times discussing this on football forums.  WE don't need it, we know about it, we will keep coming back so long as our CLUB keeps us engaged.

Should it be aimed at fans of Star Wars though? Are these really the people who are going to be converted? I’d bet most Star Wars fans despise sport haha 

4 minutes ago, Posthoc said:

Because it isn't aimed at people like you and me, who spend times discussing this on football forums.  WE don't need it, we know about it, we will keep coming back so long as our CLUB keeps us engaged.

Considering how attendances and TV figures are dropping this season instead of trying to attract Star Wars fans for a one off derby visit (that didn't need this bullshit last season and got over 60K to ANZ in round one), the FFA and clubs need to make sure they keep those of us who are onboard.

And after the VAR farce, Soulless being unable to grow grass and the scheduling of games that are killing many people's chances to go to games, sucking on R2D2's cock is hardly going to maintain a connection between those of us who care about the club and the sport.

8 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Should it be aimed at fans of Star Wars though? Are these really the people who are going to be converted? I’d bet most Star Wars fans despise sport haha 

I'm a Star Wars fan, have been since i was taken to the Roxy by my mum to see Empire Strikes back.  Both my kids are big star wars fans.  All three of us play football, i coach grassroots and I am on my local FC Committee.  My kids are spending summer play Futsal to improve their touch, and when the new Star Wars comes out we will all be going there to see it.  Nerds can enjoy playing at watching sport as well :crazy:

Fnck me!!!

The sooner FIFA get rid off Lowy, Gallop and Co the better!

I'm a massive Starwars fan, but it has absolutely nothing to do with football.

The Sydney Derby at ANZ is the biggest game of the year and should be promoted as such in it's own right.

Edited by Chaopescado
36 minutes ago, Posthoc said:

Manfred, it is the Round not just the Derby.  The film opens that weekend so it has nothing to do with Wanderers it is the whole Round

All the more reason to fook it off as a dumbarse idea. In a competition for leisure dollars spent by people who have minimal (if any) interest in the A-League the movie will win hands down. Considering a family of four going to the flicks will cost say $100 (including snacks) there will be fook all left over to spend on going to the football.

Shitty marketing idea with no fooking clue from an administration that couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

6 minutes ago, WestSyd said:

Star Wars? This is like the Yoshi thing all over again.

At least Yoshi visited the clubs, had a .notional attachment to football, and the promotion ran for a few weeks as part of a season launch campaign.

This Star Whores farce is only a few steps away from the Cash Cow on Sunrise (without the possible bennie of winning big $)

4 hours ago, Chaopescado said:

Slave Leia? 

No 

The white outfit with big laser gun, I’ll be Han Solo she can then make witty put downs during my flawed rescue attempt 

I’ve started to over think this haven’t I?

5 hours ago, pseudonym said:

WSW Star Wars merchandise up on the Wanderers store

https://wanderersshop.com.au/starwars

I’m getting the storm trooper T Shirt. Might as well embrace the madness 

Soooo will they do this?

cant knock off points for us getting into the promotion

No offence to Star Wars fans here but WSW and Star Wars merchandise?

I thought this club was better than that. What about a T-Shirt with the names of all the players who have worn the Red and Black, or with RBB chants,?  We are an Australian club, why are we getting into bed with an American movie franchise that doesn't give a fling f*ck about our club but only the ways it can make money off it..Will the Star Wars cast turn up at our games and wear a Red and Black jersey for the world to see.? Don't think so.

Not Impressed.

Edited by sonar
1 hour ago, sonar said:

No offence to Star Wars fans here but WSW and Star Wars merchandise?

I thought this club was better than that. What about a T-Shirt with the names of all the players who have worn the Red and Black, or with RBB chants,?  We are an Australian club, why are we getting into bed with an American movie franchise that doesn't give a fling f*ck about our club but only the ways it can make money off it..Will the Star Wars cast turn up at our games and wear a Red and Black jersey for the world to see.? Don't think so.

Not Impressed.

I think its a great promotion when the NRL have those marvel rounds where teams wear themed jerseys...ive got no idea how it works for them, but if the clubs get to keep the money off their sales then good for them, unlike what happens to our club's merch

I love the wars and dont really have an issue about it...I also believe that these days where there is an absence of any kind of promotion from the FFA - it cant hurt...This promotion isnt for members - they've already already got our cash, this is only for whatever kind of casual would be attracted by this kind of promotion - but again in an age where there's no promotion, if they come for the wars but stay for the sport then whatever but I think we cant get too precious about taking Disney's cash.

Edited by Horus
18 minutes ago, Horus said:

I think its a great promotion when the NRL have those marvel rounds where teams wear themed jerseys...ive got no idea how it works for them, but if the clubs get to keep the money off their sales then good for them, unlike what happens to our club's merch

I love the wars and dont really have an issue about it...I also believe that these days where there is an absence of any kind of promotion from the FFA - it cant hurt...This promotion isnt for members - they've already already got our cash, this is only for whatever kind of casual would be attracted by this kind of promotion - but again in an age where there's no promotion, if they come for the wars but stay for the sport then whatever but I think we cant get too precious about taking Disney's cash.

I'm a Star Wars and a sci-fi fan as well.

I just think there are better ways to go about promotion. I'm positive that Disney get a slice of the profits off the merchandise. They're not doing for free. Money going to Disney that would be better spent for grass root football, or an Academy of Excellence..?  Promotion has to be something for the whole season, not just 1 round. We'll just have to agree to disagree....we're allowed to have a different opinion, makes life more interesting.lol

Edited by sonar

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/11/28/fans-ridicule-league-star-wars-round

So... I’m a Star Wars fan. So much so that I avoid the trailers (I avoid trailers of all movies I know I will see).  Now I’m gonna get the thing shoved in my face at the game, intercut with A-League highlights I’ve probably already seen. Awesome.

This makes me want to avoid the game!

As if any Star Wars fans that don’t normally go are going to go.

You have it all wrong.  Matt Simon is Jar Jar Binks.  He looks harmless, even a bit comical, EVERYONE hates him and thinks he ruins the movie/game.  But in realty he is really evil, may even be a sith lord and was/is responsible for bringing down the peaceful republic.

Arnie we all know is the Emperor, just picture him in a hooded robe just his eyes and wrinkly face poking out.