R15 - Smurfs - Sat Jan 14

mack

Big bash tickets are half the price. I'm paying $40+ (for what is the worst view in the house) in the away bay when that would get me a platinum grade seat next door.

This should not be happening.

When your actual on-field product is so poor and you only have four home matches a year, you can afford to charge $20.
I was watching an advertisement for Thunder, $40 for a family ticket :shok:

Exactly. Forget the numbers. Which game will generate the most revenue? A real contest or the big flash ?

Exactly. Forget the numbers. Which game will generate the most revenue? A real contest or the big flash ?

The big flash earns so much to revenue that they can afford to offer cheap tickets to attract people through the gates.

Same sport which dominated a back paper headline saying "WE ARE NOT CONCERNED ABOUT SOCCER CROWDS" with the reason being we get 1 million viewers on FTA so we don't care.

Big bash tickets are half the price. I'm paying $40+ (for what is the worst view in the house) in the away bay when that would get me a platinum grade seat next door.

pignata: let's jack up ticket prices so we can gouge wanderers fans. hmm less people seem to buying tickets - I can't figure out why? I know what to do - I'll go on twitter and troll wanderers fans about it. job done.

how to kill the golden goose a-league style.

pignata: let's jack up ticket prices so we can gouge wanderers fans. hmm less people seem to buying tickets - I can't figure out why? I know what to do - I'll go on twitter and troll wanderers fans about it. job done.

By jacking up the price by $10 even if they get 5000 less people they still earn approx $5,000 more. They know we will still go and if we don't the plastics will fill up the rest.

SFC seem to get all jazzed up and ready for the derby when a lot WSW supporters turn up and make a lot of noise. It seems to inspire them. Almost like a challenge they relish. Maybe with less of us turning up it will work in our favour as they won't feel as motivated.

That's what I'm hoping anyway. Otherwise prepare on Saturday night for WSW players to look like 'deer in the headlights', and WSW coach to look 'spooked' on the sidelines.

i actually think i would attend that match with free tickets but there is no way in hell i wouldnt spend a cent on getting tortured

Disgusting attitude

i dont give a **** what you think of my attitude, i am not spending my money on this ****, i will buy my membership every ******* year without question but **** supporting sydney fc financially and also watching them ******* destroy us

if the players wont put in the effort why the **** should i? get the **** out of here

i actually think i would attend that match with free tickets but there is no way in hell i wouldnt spend a cent on getting tortured

Disgusting attitude

i dont give a **** what you think of my attitude, i am not spending my money on this ****, i will buy my membership every ******* year without question but **** supporting sydney fc financially and also watching them ******* destroy us

if the players wont put in the effort why the **** should i? get the **** out of here

Say what you really feel Goat...;)

PIGnata if a flog of the highest order, perfect to lead smurf village

Disgusting attitude

Say what you really feel Goat... ;)

I'm glad Goat's not going. On Saturday we need supporters and not followers.

Disgusting attitude

Say what you really feel Goat... ;)

I'm glad Goat's not going. On Saturday we need supporters and not followers.

thank you honestly i have not given sydney fc any money for years but congratulations pup on giving sydney fc your money i am sure it makes you very ******* proud but funnily enough i actually reserve my money for the wanderers, you know the team i ******* support?

anyways not going means i am less likely to get stabbed by a sydney fc fan

Disgusting attitude

i dont give a **** what you think of my attitude, i am not spending my money on this ****, i will buy my membership every ******* year without question but **** supporting sydney fc financially and also watching them ******* destroy usif the players wont put in the effort why the **** should i? get the **** out of here
A comment made above by Boro I think was spot on,

We go into this game with very little chance of winning but that shouldn't determine whether you attend a game or not. I know financially you are doing it pretty tough right now so it is understandable but to not attend is very synomous with the Sydney sport culture which seems to be crowds show up when a team is winning. I am not having a go at you personally goat but just trying to explain what we mean.

The words in our chant "Win or lose we will always follow you, let it rain let it pour we will sing for evermore" speak to something that many of us feel about the Wanderers. Turning up when we are doing it tough, when it seems there is little hope & making those miserable trips home are poor performances is what will make our future successes so much more meaningful. We have been very lucky at WSW that we have never had those tough times where failure for us has been finishing second twice in the league & losing 3 grand finals.

I think you'll find that once Popa moves on, the coaching stocks in Australia are inexperienced at a top level. Be prepared for many tough years if we are stuck with A-League merry-go-round of coaches of the quality like Okon, Moss, Lowe etc unless a quality coach/manager can be unearthed from many of rough stones floating around NPL level right now.

Erebus,

If you think that ticket prices will be changing anytime soon, be prepared for many years of not attending matches. There is a reason why stadium construction prices are so high in Australia & is the same reason we live in one of the most expensive cities to live in the world. Unless there is a mass boycott by all Wanderers fans, then there is little chance that a small minority not attending will make an impact.

FYI, CCM use the family ticket in the future. Pretty sure it was around $50 last year and admitted 4. Was it the same in our December game? I believe this may be the reason the Easts removed the famil ticket option :lol:

Goat has a point. SFC jack up the prices every year for these derbies. It comes to a point that away fans say "screw you and your ticket prices"

I know of others are not going because of the ticket prices. I've also complained about CCM and Jets jacking up their prices when WSW come to town too.

"We terrorists with dark skin so require extra policing" line probably.

Goat has a point. SFC jack up the prices every year for these derbies. It comes to a point that away fans say "screw you and your ticket prices"

I know of others are not going because of the ticket prices. I've also complained about CCM and Jets jacking up their prices when WSW come to town too.

"We terrorists with dark skin so require extra policing" line probably.

Lpk727xr.png

its frustrating that they do this yes part of the reason i dont go is because i know we are going to lose but a lot of it is because of how expensive it is, exact same reason why i rarely attend CCM or newcastle jets matches even though i am very confident we can win those plus i would much prefer to give newcastle and CCM money rather than sydney fc

Disgusting attitude
i dont give a **** what you think of my attitude, i am not spending my money on this ****, i will buy my membership every ******* year without question but **** supporting sydney fc financially and also watching them ******* destroy usif the players wont put in the effort why the **** should i? get the **** out of here

We go into this game with very little chance of winning but that shouldn't determine whether you attend a game or not. I know financially you are doing it pretty tough right now so it is understandable but to not attend is very synomous with the Sydney sport culture which seems to be crowds show up when a team is winning. I am not having a go at you personally goat but just trying to explain what we mean.

The words in our chant "Win or lose we will always follow you, let it rain let it pour we will sing for evermore" speak to something that many of us feel about the Wanderers. Turning up when we are doing it tough, when it seems there is little hope & making those miserable trips home are poor performances is what will make our future successes so much more meaningful. We have been very lucky at WSW that we have never had those tough times where failure for us has been finishing second twice in the league & losing 3 grand finals.

I think you'll find that once Popa moves on, the coaching stocks in Australia are inexperienced at a top level. Be prepared for many tough years if we are stuck with A-League merry-go-round of coaches of the quality like Okon, Moss, Lowe etc unless a quality coach/manager can be unearthed from many of rough stones floating around NPL level right now.

Erebus,

If you think that ticket prices will be changing anytime soon, be prepared for many years of not attending matches. There is a reason why stadium construction prices are so high in Australia & is the same reason we live in one of the most expensive cities to live in the world. Unless there is a mass boycott by all Wanderers fans, then there is little chance that a small minority not attending will make an impact.

FYI, CCM use the family ticket in the future. Pretty sure it was around $50 last year and admitted 4. Was it the same in our December game? I believe this may be the reason the Easts removed the famil ticket option :lol:

nah i understand see the thing is you are not a moron, pup is full of **** and doesnt have a ******* clue but what can you expect from him? but you actually know what you are talking about, again i dont go to CCM or newcastle jets matches often because they are so expensive, every single wanderers match i have paid for(every single one on my membership) i have attended, i have walked ******* 20 km to attend a ******* RBB meet up(the night when RBB was chosen can you say you have done that pup? no you cant ****), i got foxtel and can watch this on television its much less painful then spending ******* $50 to get stabbed by a sydney fc fan

Edited by GoatyMcGoatFace

Disgusting attitude

Erebus,

Part of the reason I want to be there also is because it is the main part of being here in Australia where I feel I belong, when  I am among the WSW faithful side by side with people who share my passion and outlook, something that I get nowhere else in my life. I have issues verbally being able to talk to people(from here and at the pre games / during) due to issues I have but being there is enough and gives me what I need.

Even if this goes bad next Saturday (as it most likely will) I will be suffering along with a good few thousand other WSW supporters and that links me back in to the feeling I get supporting the Boro and how that feels and fills that gap for me.

Therefore what I get out of attending compared to sitting at home shouting at the TV is priceless.

Edited by WSWBoro