Police, Security & Supporter Discussion Part 2

10 hours ago, jockman said:

I posted on thread for round 9 that I received  a call and message from Ticketmaster yesterday saying that my seats and all other travelling wanderers fans have had their seats moved from the north stand as originally purchased to the western stand the reason given "so that all wanderers supporters  will be sat  together "  no further explanation given,  methinks there has been some fallout from the mariners game and yes the cops want to make sure these Western Sydney "soccer" hooligans comply with their made up restrictions..  hope they are not too heavy handed  lets see. 

If our club care about  club supporters they will investigate the matter why supporters were moved from north to west.

So, I kinda started something on Twitter... :pardon:

The police decided to have another crack, this time at the Nix/Mexican fans. The A-League needs to sort it out. These fans were great the entire game. I was fully into it as were many people around us. 

It was such great noise and colour and just organic passion. The noise in the last 20mins was insane for just over 3000 fans. 

1 hour ago, CaptainJess said:

So, I kinda started something on Twitter... :pardon:

The police decided to have another crack, this time at the Nix/Mexican fans. The A-League needs to sort it out. These fans were great the entire game. I was fully into it as were many people around us. 

It was such great noise and colour and just organic passion. The noise in the last 20mins was insane for just over 3000 fans. 

Currently, the NSW Police are using Covid-19 as an excuse. 

Did the police hassle any travelling WSW supporters?

5 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Currently, the NSW Police are using Covid-19 as an excuse. 

Did the police hassle any travelling WSW supporters?

Not that I’ve heard. But this is the frustrating part. It’s inconsistent and a clear case of double standards - not just within the stadium but with other sports and events too. 

COVID is the easy excuse that they use to justify their presence. 

Chanting while sitting = good
Chanting while standing = bad

This happened at the 70th minute. Why wait until that point to raise the issue and do something about it? They had been standing and chanting all game. 

7 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

Not that I’ve heard. But this is the frustrating part. It’s inconsistent and a clear case of double standards - not just within the stadium but with other sports and events too. 

COVID is the easy excuse that they use to justify their presence. 

Chanting while sitting = good
Chanting while standing = bad

This happened at the 70th minute. Why wait until that point to raise the issue and do something about it? They had been standing and chanting all game. 

We were sat/Standing  in Bay 2 with the WSW fans, lots of standing and singing  didn't see or hear any interference from the Police

Restrictions are very unclear since they’ve wound them back again. For our last home game, everything indicated we still needed to wear masks, yet when I walked into the ground I was told by security it was optional - despite a person at each gate handing them out... Crowd chanting/singing seems to have reappeared without any official announcement too. Unless I missed some special release regarding crowds and sporting events, it seems like it’s all being done on the fly while things are good.

• 3 weeks later...

Question for those who use their electronic membership in their wallet app:

I’ve been using this since the club emailed the link to download it. Never had any issues getting into the ground and when entering the RBB I just show the pass and the attendant is fine with it. Haven’t carried my physical card with me all season.

Last night I was stopped by the lady on the gate to the RBB who said I needed to prove my aisle number and have my physical card with me to do so or she wouldn’t let me through. Some club volunteers agreed with me this was stupid and so forwarded me to the stadium event manager. He was really good and agreed that it was stupid so let me through. He also took a pic of my membership car on my phone and sent it to the membership team to follow up on.

Has anyone else has this issue? I’m wondering why all of a sudden the protocol has changed?

4 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Question for those who use their electronic membership in their wallet app:

I’ve been using this since the club emailed the link to download it. Never had any issues getting into the ground and when entering the RBB I just show the pass and the attendant is fine with it. Haven’t carried my physical card with me all season.

Last night I was stopped by the lady on the gate to the RBB who said I needed to prove my aisle number and have my physical card with me to do so or she wouldn’t let me through. Some club volunteers agreed with me this was stupid and so forwarded me to the stadium event manager. He was really good and agreed that it was stupid so let me through. He also took a pic of my membership car on my phone and sent it to the membership team to follow up on.

Has anyone else has this issue? I’m wondering why all of a sudden the protocol has changed?

I use the apple wallet on my iPhone for my membership card and haven't taken a physical card to games for years. I've only ever had someone ask to see the bay number on my card once last season (of course it was while I had my hands full with beers). If you open the wallet and select the membership card there's a black circle icon with three dots in it. If you press that it shows the info on the revers of the card, including gate, bay, row, seat number etc. That was enough to satisfy the person and let me though although this isn't in the RBB so probably gets less scrutiny.

Not sure how it works on android or why they would need to see a physical card when all the information is available in the electronic version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone see footage of the Parra fans brawling with each other on Monday at ANZ? Appears that the main instigator will face court for further offences outside the ground but it was also announced that he's also received a 1 year ban from ANZ stadium. That seems exceptionally light given some of the bans given out to our fans plus it would appear that he can still attend at Bankwest !!

10 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Anyone see footage of the Parra fans brawling with each other on Monday at ANZ? Appears that the main instigator will face court for further offences outside the ground but it was also announced that he's also received a 1 year ban from ANZ stadium. That seems exceptionally light given some of the bans given out to our fans plus it would appear that he can still attend at Bankwest !!

Just aussie larikinism.......nothing to see here

• 4 weeks later...

It appears tonight that nothing has changed from last week, I'm not sure what the full story was with the RBB capo getting a 12 month ban for swearing and a member getting kicked out for not sitting in their seat

6 hours ago, SBW said:

It appears tonight that nothing has changed from last week, I'm not sure what the full story was with the RBB capo getting a 12 month ban for swearing and a member getting kicked out for not sitting in their seat

They explain it on RBTV. The capos brother was sitting in disabled, which usually isn't an issue since the stadium was damn empty anyway. The capo then got pissed off about it and swore at the cops. 

6 hours ago, GE942150 said:

They explain it on RBTV. The capos brother was sitting in disabled, which usually isn't an issue since the stadium was damn empty anyway. The capo then got pissed off about it and swore at the cops. 

That’s what it was about? 

There are people on Twitter calling for bozza etc to get involved, that doesn’t go far enough we need to have a cross A League protest, this is important stuff 

questions should be raised in parliament...

Edited by StringerBellend
6 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

That’s what it was about? 

There are people on Twitter calling for bozza etc to get involved, that doesn’t go far enough we need to have a cross A League protest, this is important stuff 

questions should be raised in parliament...

But why the capo had to swear back at the cops,the capo asked for trouble, sorry guys i am not on any side i am saying the right from wrong.

45 minutes ago, BigDukes said:

Well when a police officer snaps your drivers licence in half, without an apology. Would you not swear for doing that?

Police cop and deal with much worst on a daily basis, if one officer cant handle being a called a swear word after an individual was willingly providing said officer with ID. Then that officer needs further training or change profession.

All this before kick off even occurred

Starting to get over it all 

Out of all the languages you could've spoken, you chose to speak facts.

1 hour ago, BigDukes said:

Well when a police officer snaps your drivers licence in half, without an apology. Would you not swear for doing that?

Police cop and deal with much worst on a daily basis, if one officer cant handle being a called a swear word after an individual was willingly providing said officer with ID. Then that officer needs further training or change profession.

All this before kick off even occurred

Starting to get over it all 

They are on a power trip, provoking situation, shame it over shadows the football 

2 good games yet here we are with this crap again 

The club been any help? 

16 hours ago, mintoff said:

But why the capo had to swear back at the cops,the capo asked for trouble, sorry guys i am not on any side i am saying the right from wrong.

From what I understand so far and factoring RBBTV where the capo explains from his point of view, his brother was just sitting in disable seat mostly just waiting on the group with their drinks. But police took the opportunity and went over and beyond their power and just ejected him no warning.

The capo just did what any brother would do and stood up for him. After that the police go even further by snapping the driver's licence. IDK about you but I am pretty sure Police can't do that.

Its just over zealous and over policing over things that can be dealt with through common sense from the Security and police.