Off Topic Thread 4

mack

......dolphins are drug addicts.........!.......lol

"""""""""""""" Dolphins ‘deliberately get high’ on puffer fish nerve toxins by carefully chewing and passing them around"""""""""""""""

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/dolphins-deliberately-get-high-on-puffer-fish-nerve-toxins-by-carefully-chewing-and-passing-them-9030126.html

Carefully chewing on the puffer and passing it between one another, the marine mammals then enter what seems to be a trance-like state.

9 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i am watching/listening to a censored version of fight music by d12........they censored the word Nazi.......just why? it was not a pro Nazi line :P

On Youtube?  This is the problem when they open the floodgates and give in to those demanding certain material be censored/banned.  You then get every special interest group in the world finding objections to different thing and the medium loses its value as a resource.

8 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Isn't the political stuff you're talking about concerning the nbn? We don't have that yet. Currently supposed to be April FTTK.

And btw, what's the use of registering for nbn updates? We registered months ago when the schedule was for January. Now it's due 3 months later and not a single update from them since we registered. 

Sorry folks - too far off topic.

5 minutes ago, Carns said:

Yes, the NBN (theoretically) would make HD streaming a cinch. But it has been underfunded and delayed repeatedly.

It has been delayed in my area at least 2 or 3 times too. I might have it by 2020 if I'm lucky, but it was projected to be available in 2017 (or earlier) originally.

They've been working in our area for months, but nothing in recent weeks. Haven't touched the PMG holes on our side of the street yet.

Any sign of work in your area?

On 22/02/2019 at 9:36 AM, LeeMarvin said:

On Youtube?  This is the problem when they open the floodgates and give in to those demanding certain material be censored/banned.  You then get every special interest group in the world finding objections to different thing and the medium loses its value as a resource.

Youtube aren't the people who censor music before it's put online, it's the record label. It was a probably a radio edit from after 9/11 when music was being massively censored.

Anyone get off the train at Penrith this morning around 6:00 and find their wallet missing? I found one and handed it to the station staff.

The train came from the city direction. Arrived at Penrith on platform 2 at about 6:00ish (it turns around and heads back to the city @ 6:10, which is the train i get on). Found it upstairs just sitting on the seat. It had a few notes in it, including a green back, plus a Westpac ATM card. I didn't dig much more than that. When I handed it to the lady in the office, she did a quick look as well and said she's hand it to the boss.

Hope you get it back.

Edited by SomeGuy1977
11 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Anyone get off the train at Penrith this morning around 6:00 and find their wallet missing? I found one and handed it to the station staff.

The train came from the city direction. Arrived at Penrith on platform 2 at about 6:00ish (it turns around and heads back to the city @ 6:10, which is the train i get on). Found it upstairs just sitting on the seat. It had a few notes in it, including a green back, plus a Westpac ATM card. I didn't dig much more than that. When I handed it to the lady in the office, she did a quick look as well and said she's hand it to the boss.

Hope you get it back.

How can people be awake at 6 in the morning geez

1 hour ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Hope you get it back.

it would have been better if you found it and then gave it to me

Could never keep money if I found a wallet, dunno how anyone could.

I lost a wallet in high school once, sure it was only $50 but back then it was everything - and someone took the 50 out leaving the wallet on the ground.

Hope they ended up with cancer in their spine or some other **** condition.

6 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

I lost a wallet in high school once, sure it was only $50 but back then it was everything - and someone took the 50 out leaving the wallet on the ground.

Same here. Keeping it was never an option, beyond finding it's owner. First thing I'd do is retrace my steps, so i figure the station folks have a better chance of finding the owner than I do. As @Burztur said above, station / train staff tend to be pretty good at getting things back to people.

6 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

I could totally agree with your post, Hawks.................except for the last line! :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, marron said:

Bacon and apple and syrup (molasses, apple, maple, whatever is at hand).

Well,.......... I never knew you were one of those big fat American style blokes...

Bacon and syrup is just wrong...never mind on a pancake...

Edited by Smoggy
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic