Blacktown City FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers 20/09/2017 7:30PM

4 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

There are 'fast' trains to Seven Hills but depends on your definition of 'fast'. Take one that doesn't stop at Toongabbie, Pendle Hill and Wentworthville !!

All the suburban trains are fast - it's just that they go slow and stop a lot.

Trying to predict how good a kid might be is really guessing, especially when they join their first pro club.

He could end up being the next Sotiro, a guy who does whatever Popa wants in training but can't deliver more than a handful of goals or assists after years at the club. Or he could end up as another Michael Trajkovski who gets a debut, then ends up back in junior sides at an NPL club. Or a Steve Kuzmanovski, who buys into his own hype, leaves for a different club, got into trouble with less than stellar professionalism, then got hurt badly and released. Then you've got all the potential "does good then goes overseas" or the "is mediocre, never plays for the club and gets released quietly" options.

6 hours ago, mack said:

Trying to predict how good a kid might be is really guessing, especially when they join their first pro club.

He could end up being the next Sotiro, a guy who does whatever Popa wants in training but can't deliver more than a handful of goals or assists after years at the club. Or he could end up as another Michael Trajkovski who gets a debut, then ends up back in junior sides at an NPL club. Or a Steve Kuzmanovski, who buys into his own hype, leaves for a different club, got into trouble with less than stellar professionalism, then got hurt badly and released. Then you've got all the potential "does good then goes overseas" or the "is mediocre, never plays for the club and gets released quietly" options.

You're certainly a glass half full person!

Out. Didn't get in early enough for the tickets as wasn't sure where id be. In some what of an irony the games about 5 minutes walk from my place and im not going but I've already booked for nix away in January!.

Anyway it will be good to see the ground full and I hope Blacktown make some good money out of it.

3-1 us

3 minutes ago, leslie said:

Out. Didn't get in early enough for the tickets as wasn't sure where id be. In some what of an irony the games about 5 minutes walk from my place and im not going but I've already booked for nix away in January!.

Anyway it will be good to see the ground full and I hope Blacktown make some good money out of it.

3-1 us

Some of us are selling tickets in the spare tickets thread... @Carns

9 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Some of us are selling tickets in the spare tickets thread... @Carns

11 minutes ago, leslie said:

3-1 us

I still have one GA ticket if you are keen. Cost price: $20. Can meet you at the ground before KO. PM me.

I reckon Pizzas & Steak Sanga's will be the cultural dish of choice tonight.

Here's the latest update from host club

Blacktown City FC V Western Sydney Wanderers FC
Lily Homes Stadium, Seven Hills
Kick off 7:30pm
Gates open at 6pm

The game is a sell-out, there will not be any tickets available for sale at the venue.

Entry
Spectators with Active Support tickets must enter through the North- West Entry Gate off Cacia Ave, all other spectators must enter through the entry’s at the front of the stadium. Tickets will not scan at incorrect gates.

Parking
All spectators should park at the at Seven Hills Station car park with entry via Prospect Highway. Lily Homes Stadium is only a 10 minute walk to the stadium. There will be no parking available at Lily Homes Stadium and local roads will be closed.

Lilys Restaurant, Bar & Function Centre
Lilys Restaurant, Bar & Function Centre will be serving drinks in the beer garden and food will also be available. The restaurant is located 100 metres from the ground and will be open from 4pm in the afternoon. The game will be streamed live in the restaurants cocktail bar for anyone who missed out on purchasing tickets.

No automatic alt text available.

23 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

I see that they have changed the walking route from the station car parks to the ground........perhaps to avoid walking past the...ahem....massage shops...:good:

The correct term is "Hand relief centre"....well, that's what shows on my credit card statement...... :ninja: 

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

I see that they have changed the walking route from the station car parks to the ground........perhaps to avoid walking past the...ahem....massage shops...:good:

Unlimited, now you're going to the game, maybe you could go get some action after? :P 

In regards to food, a few of us are meeting up at EJ's in Blacktown around 5:30. Nothing better than some chicken and garlic sauce before local weeknight football :good:

• mack locked this topic