Football & The Media 2015/16

Previous thread here.

Admin: This thread is for discussion of Football and it's relationship to the media. Inclusive of media personalities, bias in the media, and news about the people who report on football..

Please keep in mind that news articles can be given their own threads in an appropriate subforum, or posted in relevant specific thread.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/wanderers-likely-to-lose-bulut-and-juric-for-next-season/story-fn63e0vj-1227327300578

Soccer: It is growing more likely that Western Sydney strikers Kerem Bulut and Tomi Juric will not be at the club next season.

Speculation regarding the future of the controversial Bulut heightened on Tuesday night after he was a notable absentee from the club’s end-of-season Wanderers Medal night at Rosehill racecourse.

While chief executive John Tsatsimas confirmed to The Australian yesterday that Bulut had been granted leave for personal reasons and was at pains to say that nothing has been decided, there seems little doubt the 23-year-old could be on the way out.

It is believed he is unhappy with an offer the club put to him recently and is considering his options, including a possible return overseas while there are suggestions of tensions between him and several players.

Bulut joined the club in January after a stint in Turkey and has quickly become a favourite of the Wanderers fans because of his on-field passion, high work rate and ability to score goals.

Tsatsimas would not discuss the contract situation regarding Bulut. He also declined to comment on Juric’s situation, despite some suggestions linking him with a possible move to Sydney FC or to a Turkish club.

The tall striker has struggled at times with injuries during the A-League season.

----

damn, missed first post...   :sorry: 

Edited by MadKaw

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/wanderers-likely-to-lose-bulut-and-juric-for-next-season/story-fn63e0vj-1227327300578

Soccer: It is growing more likely that Western Sydney strikers Kerem Bulut and Tomi Juric will not be at the club next season.

Speculation regarding the future of the controversial Bulut heightened on Tuesday night after he was a notable absentee from the club’s end-of-season Wanderers Medal night at Rosehill racecourse.

While chief executive John Tsatsimas confirmed to The Australian yesterday that Bulut had been granted leave for personal reasons and was at pains to say that nothing has been decided, there seems little doubt the 23-year-old could be on the way out.

It is believed he is unhappy with an offer the club put to him recently and is considering his options, including a possible return overseas while there are suggestions of tensions between him and several players.

Bulut joined the club in January after a stint in Turkey and has quickly become a favourite of the Wanderers fans because of his on-field passion, high work rate and ability to score goals.

Tsatsimas would not discuss the contract situation regarding Bulut. He also declined to comment on Juric’s situation, despite some suggestions linking him with a possible move to Sydney FC or to a Turkish club.

The tall striker has struggled at times with injuries during the A-League season.

----

Nothing new to worry about, rehashed old stuff that has come out in the last few weeks

Gatty knows more than he's willing to say in that article

and what can you say about bulut getting along with others?

You can already tell by the fact that he blows up at team mates who don't pass him the ball or don't get it to him perfectly that it isn't a rosey picture to the public, you'd hope it's different behind the scenes.

In recent weeks he was frequently showing his displeasure when his team mates were not giving him the ball. It was done in a very public way, impossible to miss, and Popa would not have been happy about it. Bulut would come with a big price tag. He is trouble.

well maybe if everyone else wasn't so **** and scored more goals then they would have a right to question Bulut, 

He single-handedly took the team in the second half of the season and made us look something like a bunch of footballers that knew what they were doing in attack..
I hope that him and Santalab stay next season and Castelen and Rukavytsya can get a proper off-season and then we might have something decent on the pitch upfront

----

This is why season 3 thread shouldn't have been locked. This thread will get the germs of A-League germs all over it

You can already tell by the fact that he blows up at team mates who don't pass him the ball or don't get it to him perfectly that it isn't a rosey picture to the public, you'd hope it's different behind the scenes.

You'd hope that a decent pre-season preparation would iron out these sort of issues. It never happened this season and was all 'seat of pants' stuff from week to week. You can understand frustrations due to various issues.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/wanderers-likely-to-lose-bulut-and-juric-for-next-season/story-fn63e0vj-1227327300578Soccer: It is growing more likely that Western Sydney strikers Kerem Bulut and Tomi Juric will not be at the club next season.Speculation regarding the future of the controversial Bulut heightened on Tuesday night after he was a notable absentee from the club’s end-of-season Wanderers Medal night at Rosehill racecourse.While chief executive John Tsatsimas confirmed to The Australian yesterday that Bulut had been granted leave for personal reasons and was at pains to say that nothing has been decided, there seems little doubt the 23-year-old could be on the way out.It is believed he is unhappy with an offer the club put to him recently and is considering his options, including a possible return overseas while there are suggestions of tensions between him and several players.Bulut joined the club in January after a stint in Turkey and has quickly become a favourite of the Wanderers fans because of his on-field passion, high work rate and ability to score goals.Tsatsimas would not discuss the contract situation regarding Bulut. He also declined to comment on Juric’s situation, despite some suggestions linking him with a possible move to Sydney FC or to a Turkish club.The tall striker has struggled at times with injuries during the A-League season. ----damn, missed first post...   :sorry: 

This is why season 3 thread shouldn't have been locked. This thread will get the germs of A-League germs all over it

Germs of season 3 all over it was what I meant to write. Stupid beer

You'd hope that a decent pre-season preparation would iron out these sort of issues. It never happened this season and was all 'seat of pants' stuff from week to week. You can understand frustrations due to various issues.
True, the lack of training week in week out even in the second half of the season would have been a major contributor in players not being on the same wave length. I still feel despite this, it is just who Bulut is, he wears his heart on his sleeve & when something goes wrong he can't contain his disappointment resulting in the visible acts of frustration. I liken it to Italians when speaking, they can't help but use there hands when speaking, it is just who they are & how they express themselves

off season is what they all need and then maybe a tour im sure will be organised so they can gel together and pre pare with a pre season friendlies. Sort of like when they travelled to the middle east last season.

No need to go all the way to the middle east this time round.

He's holding back? That would be a first.
You're thinking of bossi, gatt isn't too bad...
No, I'm thinking of Gatt.

What I'm referring to is the fact that he's publicly said that his job is to sell papers (get clicks) so I'm surprised he would hold back if he actually had information rather than sensationalise.

What I'm referring to is the fact that he's publicly said that his job is to sell papers (get clicks) so I'm surprised he would hold back if he actually had information rather than sensationalise.

Why bother with information when sensationalising sells papers?

It's not about being right. It's about being first.

It's not about being right. It's about being first.

Reminded me when Bossi dropped a line in an article post derby v3 this season. The article was on how a fan punched a ESFC player in the west stand blah blah blah & then he drops the one liner "in other news, reports have emerged a bunch of RBB supporters have bashed ESFC fans" that was it. He didn't care about getting all the facts or trying to make a story about it (because there was nothing to report on yet) but it was about been first.

Don't try & read things into my post. 

I don't divulge the contents of personal discussions on social media.