David Squires Cartoons

Brilliant. When I talk to my NRL/AFL friends about my opinion on the finals they always use the "It's the Australian sporting way!" line. Frustrating.

I think people don't take in the nature of the game enough when they use this line. Football, with its difficulty level, low scoring and chance that a random action can affect a game so much - red card, penalty etc - means that upsets can happen more often. So one-off knock-outs are far less fair than the entire league.

You compare that to something like the NFL. The game is too brutal for a long season, so essentially they are playing for playoff seeding. Makes much more sense.

BUT... you can't have true premiers if you don't play everyone the same amount of times home and away (well, this year you can).

In a season where the referees seem to have a blindspot when it comes to penalizing ESFC, he nails it with this on the VAR..........." Interfering with play....I'll show you interfering with play " !...pure gold....lol

Edited by sonar100

In a season where the referees seem to have a blindspot when it comes to penalizing ESFC, he nails it with this on the VAR..........." Interfering with play....I'll show you interfering with play " !...pure gold....lol

That made me laugh out loud  :D