Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

On ‎2‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, mack said:

Penrith are probably hopying Ayres ends up in charge of the State at some point and gifts them the new stadium he originally wanted built ahead of Parra & the SFS & ANZ.

They'd be the only ones

On 27/09/2018 at 11:03 PM, btron3000 said:

They should build a bridge where you have to go miles out of your way to cross it, they seem to work well.

Heehee.   One of the most staggeringly stupid pieces of infrastructure around, and in NSW that's saying something.  

I remember reading something once that in Sicily the Mafia who were awarded infrastructure projects would build a road then just stop so you'd have this bridge that starts somewhere & stops in the middle of nowhere or somewhere pointless, that's what that moronic cycle bridge reminds me of.   

Edited by MeurantsLane

Interesting reading. Wondering if the Wanderers are doing the same?

Dear Members,

I am writing to provide an update regarding Western Sydney Stadium (WSS). Over the past six months the Board and Management of the Club have been involved in detailed negotiations regarding a commercial agreement for our Parramatta Eels Club at the WSS.

As it stands today, the Club has been offered commercial terms by the stadium operator that are not acceptable to the Board of the Parramatta Eels Club or the Parramatta Leagues Club. Therefore, when the NRL draw is released in the near future, the venue for the Club’s home games in 2019 will be marked as “TBC” (to be confirmed).

Our view that the current proposal is unacceptable has been confirmed after an extensive six-month due diligence process conducted by myself and other members of the management team. The due diligence process has included the engagement of a reputable consulting firm. Together we have benchmarked the commercial terms of the current offer against offerings currently being received by NRL and other sports at a range of stadiums across multiple states of Australia.

The current proposal if accepted would adversely affect the ability of our Club to invest in our Football Department including our NRL team and our junior elite football programs. The current agreement at ANZ has adversely impacted the Club financially and we are not prepared to accept a new agreement that will continue to impact the Club negatively for the next 25 years.

The Club will also not compromise on key areas that are important to our Members and supporters such as: -

• Affordable food and beverage pricing and options
  • A clear public transport plan for WSS to enable Members to attend games smoothly.
  • Reasonable event costs to ensure affordable pricing for Members and casual ticket holders.
  • Expanded opportunities for our Corporate partners to help drive revenue for the Club.
  • Better technology to enhance Game Day experience.

In the interests of arriving at a fair and reasonable deal, we are continuing our discussions with the stadium operator in an attempt to resolve this matter quickly so that our Members and supporters have a clear understanding of the WSS schedule for 2019. 

I look forward to providing a further update in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your continued support of the Parramatta Eels!

Regards,

Bernie Gurr
Chief Executive Officer
Parramatta National Rugby League Club Pty Limited

The major sticking point that I'm aware of is the asking price of renting the stadium. The NSW Government wants to charges us $210,000 per game to play there. Our previous deal at Parramatta Stadium was $70,000. To benchmark, Melbourne and the Gold Coast, with the two newest stadiums in the competition, both pay around $110,000 per game.

The Wanderers are in the same boat as us and they too have refused to agree to terms with the government for the use of the stadium

46 minutes ago, Chief said:

The major sticking point that I'm aware of is the asking price of renting the stadium. The NSW Government wants to charges us $210,000 per game to play there. Our previous deal at Parramatta Stadium was $70,000. To benchmark, Melbourne and the Gold Coast, with the two newest stadiums in the competition, both pay around $110,000 per game.

The Wanderers are in the same boat as us and they too have refused to agree to terms with the government for the use of the stadium

Good info, thanks

So much for "if you build it they will come", eh

54 minutes ago, Chief said:

Gatty will probably have a story up soon based on this post.

The price was always going to increase, nothing is free anymore... Tripling the price though? They're having a laugh.

If all the potential tenants band together and take a stand, they'll have no choice but to reduce it. We hope...

I must admit though, this was my fear all along that they'd make the place unnecessarily fancy and give themselves ammo to fleece teams. How good's Australian stadia policy though; screw tenants for every cent they're worth. 

5 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I must admit though, this was my fear all along that they'd make the place unnecessarily fancy

Our stadium will be a very good modern stadium, but it isn't unnecessarily fancy outside the new main grandstand (which is where most of the cost of the stadium is in). The majority of improvements over the old stadium have come from improvements in overall design & people circulation as opposed to expensive technology.

1 hour ago, Chief said:

I'll be interested to know how much the government charges the GWS Giants to play at spotless. It is also a new modern stadium...

11 minutes ago, wanderersfanatic said:

I'll be interested to know how much the government charges the GWS Giants to play at spotless. It is also a new modern stadium...

I believe Spotless is run by the RAS, not the govt.

No doubt the AFL have screwed them for cheap rent. When it comes to renovations and investment in the stadium, they also screw the govt for funds.

• mack locked this topic